Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Tennessee...eastern..can't be all that big can it.

Enforcer: "S'cuse me sir? Yes I was wondering if you could help me find a friend. His name is Hermit, and he sits on fences in a Captain America costume."

Tenessee Citizen: "DAMN! HOW DID YOU- I mean, nope, never heard of him. Try down the road."

Enforcer: "Okay, thanks. Nice fence, by the way..."

Tennessee...eastern..can't be all that big can it.

Enforcer: "S'cuse me sir? Yes I was wondering if you could help me find a friend. His name is Hermit, and he sits on fences in a Captain America costume."

Tenessee Citizen: "DAMN! HOW DID YOU- I mean, nope, never heard of him. Try down the road."

Enforcer: "Okay, thanks. Nice fence, by the way..."

"And ignore these little wings on my head, I keep forgetting to get some wart remover..."

;)

Seriously, confrontational? Why, if it maybe said? Bad mood? Troubles? People been treating you like a doormat lately and you're tired of it? Not enough fiber in your diet?

"And ignore these little wings on my head, I keep forgetting to get some wart remover..."

;)

Seriously, confrontational? Why, if it maybe said? Bad mood? Troubles? People been treating you like a doormat lately and you're tired of it? Not enough fiber in your diet?

Nah. Just feeling a bit aggressive. I'm the "go to" guy for customer service issues these days at work and I've kinda started to be less...flexible. I don't mind helping people out, it's just that it's the same people month in and month out. They seem to think fiscal responsibility is not something they have to deal with.

I wonder where they learned that?

Nah. Just feeling a bit aggressive. I'm the "go to" guy for customer service issues these days at work and I've kinda started to be less...flexible. I don't mind helping people out, it's just that it's the same people month in and month out. They seem to think fiscal responsibility is not something they have to deal with.

I wonder where they learned that?

"....I prefer to blame congress"-Opus, A Wish for Wings That Work

Guest Worldmaker

*grabs her book and holds it up to her forehead a la the Amazing Karnac*

I foresee that the entire member list of the HeroGames.com Forum will read my book!

I won't. No interest in the genre, no interest in the story, no interest in reading it. Nothing personal, just not my bag.

(snip)

So... I'm guessing that you guys actually want me around...

HA! Got you fooled!

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

As an aside, a thought, I speculate there's a degree to which our social/public masks are used to fool people, even those closest to us, about ourselves. Note though I say only "a degree", and that degree I suppose depends on each person.

Can we watch?

Heh' date=' my first thought as well.[/quote']

Wanna watch? Try Timex; I hear they're reliable. :)

Actually, I was having a bit of a flashback to my military days, during which I've occasionally known some particularly thick-headed officers and senior NCOs to have some truly asinine ways of dealing with low morale. The quote jokingly associated with the situation was: "The beatings will continue until morale improves."

No idea where that originally came from... might be a Marx-ism or Stooge-ism.

John T

Sweety, don't put yourself down like that. :(

That's our job. :D

Think again, mi amiga. The only person allowed to put me down is me. I am, after all, the best person I know at doing that. :D

*grabs her book and holds it up to her forehead a la the Amazing Karnac*

I foresee that the entire member list of the HeroGames.com Forum will read my book!

I won't. No interest in the genre, no interest in the story, no interest in reading it. Nothing personal, just not my bag.

*shrugs*

No biggie, WM, I can't please all of the people all of the time. At the very least, I should be grateful that so far you haven't go on there and posted something along the lines of, "WHY IN F*** ARE YOU POSTING THIS S***?!"

That's not your cue to do just that, by the way.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Nah. I'll post this instead.

Read Chapter One, quite interesting...

... but that's the problem with me being interested in so many different genres of stories. I'll read just about everyone's, but so few people read mine.

And before Kara and Klytus and the others jump all over me, be grateful that I didn't type my first response, which is to say "...because they suck."

Oops, just finished Chapter Two. Not bad so far...

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Just finished Chapter Seven, and damn it all to hell, WorldMaker, you just HAD to go and show me up, didn't you?!

*sprawls on the floor with her elbows on her knees and her chin in her hands*

Okay, rant on. And y'all are good enough friends of mine that you'll let me rant, too.

Just once... ONCE... I would like to be able to do ONE BLOODY THING better than anyone else I know. Just one thing that knocks people's socks off. Not that I'm the next Shakespeare or Mozart or whatever, but... oh, hell, I don't even know what I'm trying to say.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Wanna watch? Try Timex; I hear they're reliable. :)

Actually, I was having a bit of a flashback to my military days, during which I've occasionally known some particularly thick-headed officers and senior NCOs to have some truly asinine ways of dealing with low morale. The quote jokingly associated with the situation was: "The beatings will continue until morale improves."

No idea where that originally came from... might be a Marx-ism or Stooge-ism.

John T

I recently bought a t-shirt with that saying and a skull and crossbones on it!

Just finished Chapter Seven, and damn it all to hell, WorldMaker, you just HAD to go and show me up, didn't you?!

*sprawls on the floor with her elbows on her knees and her chin in her hands*

Okay, rant on. And y'all are good enough friends of mine that you'll let me rant, too.

Just once... ONCE... I would like to be able to do ONE BLOODY THING better than anyone else I know. Just one thing that knocks people's socks off. Not that I'm the next Shakespeare or Mozart or whatever, but... oh, hell, I don't even know what I'm trying to say.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

I do really share your frustration. I don't know how old you are; at 41 it feels pretty bad sometimes.