Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Not if it gets you to be able to walk without pain. Hope it goes well. Is it for an ingrown toenail? Or something more?

It's for an ingrown toenail they've removed twice and has always grown back ingrown and infected.

So now they're removing the toenail, and the nail growth material behind the nail. For those that don't know, that means removing the top layer of the skin from the tip to just past the first knuckle or so.

Apparently they're going to give me a spinal injection for anesthesia, use a tournequete on my leg and are taking all sorts of precautionary steps prior to the surgery itself, such as a Chest X-Ray, Bio-Signs check and urinary test.

Whee I'm soo excited. :no:

Guest Skaramine

Not if it gets you to be able to walk without pain. Hope it goes well. Is it for an ingrown toenail? Or something more?

I suffered an ingrown toenail for years. When it was finally removed, it was a godsend.

It's for an ingrown toenail they've removed twice and has always grown back ingrown and infected.

So now they're removing the toenail, and the nail growth material behind the nail. For those that don't know, that means removing the top layer of the skin from the tip to just past the first knuckle or so.

Apparently they're going to give me a spinal injection for anesthesia, use a tournequete on my leg and are taking all sorts of precautionary steps prior to the surgery itself, such as a Chest X-Ray, Bio-Signs check and urinary test.

Whee I'm soo excited. :no:

Yowza. That's a lot of stuff to do. The one ingrown I had has been trouble free.

Similar procedure to having a cat declawed.

I passed no less than three accidents on the road today, the combined total of involved vehicle being something like a dozen. I was almost in one, myself, and saw two other potential paint-exchanges narrowly avoided. It's a little foggy but not too bad, and there's that annoying mist that does little more than make everything damp, but I'm continually amazed at the sheer stupidity evinced by some drivers.

But I still got my super-sized white mocha and lemon scone, so I'm in a good place.

We're having unusually foggy weather here today. They issued a fog alert through 1 PM.

Not that it really matters, but I figured I'd let everyone know that the surgery went great, and now I'm floating high on Percosit (sp?)

Thanks for the well-wishes those who gave it. And for you others... I leave you all to mightybec :)

Nice to hear the procedure's completed successfully! Save drugs for us! :D

Best wishes for a speedy and painless as possible recovery.

Guest Skaramine

Not that it really matters, but I figured I'd let everyone know that the surgery went great, and now I'm floating high on Percosit (sp?)

Thanks for the well-wishes those who gave it. And for you others... I leave you all to mightybec :)

I didn't even know... or was this the toenail?

I need Percocet. And Vodka. And chocolate milk.

I killed 15 pages so far today. Time to kill another 15. If I can keep this pace up' date=' I'll be done by... tuesday.[/quote']

Holy crap...I do backflips when I get 4 done. :(

I really need to start treating my writing (Gaming and non) a lot more seriously.

Guest Skaramine

Holy crap...I do backflips when I get 4 done. :(

I really need to start treating my writing (Gaming and non) a lot more seriously.

Thing is, I should have written this book and finished it by November or mid-december. Still, I think I can stick it.

Guest Skaramine

Aye' date=' it was the toenail, and the growth matrix that causes toenail's to grow in the first place.[/quote']

Yup... had that done. I still have my magic toenail. It's frickin' HUGE!

I suffered an ingrown toenail for years. When it was finally removed' date=' it was a godsend.[/quote']I felt the soreness of my ingrown toenail this morning so I got out the scissors and performed "surgery". Much better now.

It comes back every couple (4-6) months.

Guest Skaramine

I felt the soreness of my ingrown toenail this morning so I got out the scissors and performed "surgery". Much better now.

It comes back every couple (4-6) months.

Yeah. How old are you? I did that for about four or five years until I literally could not walk anymore. Egad!