Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

for those of us down in the ass end of the world can you explain why?

He has some reasonable controversy dogging him though I think mainly the nation simply isn't going to elect a third Bush anytime soon. I could well be wrong, but I hear most people saying they feel that carries the very notion too far.

HOWEVER, I don't know that I'd go so far as to say "unelectable." I know lots of moderates who say they wish Jeb Bush were in instead of GW Bush. Only the liberals are really foaming at the mouth against him at this point. A nation-wide run, however, would bring up the specter of 2000 and some concerns regarding his alleged involvement in sculpting the 2004 results unfairly. I do think that he would lose, but I don't think he's unelectable. For example, Jeb Bush versus Hllary Clinton would probably result in a Jeb Bush victory or at least be close.

You'd think 17 pages would be considered to be a good day for me. Instead, it's the weakest performance in the past 3 days, and mom's riding my ass right now about it.

And my right wrist is aching something fierce.

Sorry to hear that, man... take a break and give your hands and mind a rest.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

*grins widely*

You liked it? Thanks so much! It took a lot of work... finding the right animated segments was a pain in the ass, and Windows Movie Maker isn't all that hot...

I wish there was a way I could post it on the board, but 1) it's way too big, 2) it takes way too long for most people to download it, and 3) it's not an officially sanctioned trailer, so I'd get in a metric assload of trouble for it.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

You heard it here first, folks... my trailer kicks major butt.

Now THERE'S a thought... I wonder if I could make any kind of money doing freelance work, making movie trailers or whatnot for people. Even a really nifty slideshow of gaming characters or whatnot might work, to really good music.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

You heard it here first, folks... my trailer kicks major butt.

Now THERE'S a thought... I wonder if I could make any kind of money doing freelance work, making movie trailers or whatnot for people. Even a really nifty slideshow of gaming characters or whatnot might work, to really good music.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Can you make magical charms? I know I'd pay for something like that. Hell, I already want a medicine bag, another trinket wouldn't hurt. :)

My Son corwin is setting up his Xbox team for the Big Local Trouney this weekend in Knoxville. The First prize is prizes and 5k cash.

His Team is the Blarney Stones

Member names...

TickleMeClover

ShineMeShillelagh

ShimmerMeshamrock

and

BlowMeBagpipes

My Son....the ....the....kid so much like me

is it wrong I am proud of him over the names..?? :nonp:

I'll let you know when I stop laughing... :rofl:

Well, my POS "car" finally blew a gasket (figuratively or literally) and dumped its guts on the freeway.

I feel... liberated, not having to deal with the B.S. anymore...

John T

Sorry, John and Samuraiko. But with that sense of liberation maybe also some opportunity unexpected will arise, too. Best of luck.

Being sick sucks. The only thing worse than being sick is haveing a company laptop, meaning even taking a sick day I still have work to do. Plus side, I don't get as behind, down-side I feel slightly guilty for watching TV. Plus side, I get to do work in sweats.

On another note, even though I am not a prolific poster, due to my increased workload I likely will be posting even less for the next few months.

Sorry to hear all that, particularly your decreased presence.

Why do women think every word that drips from a man's mouth in jest is some deep seated hidden truth of the universe? (snip)

It is odd. It's scary in that does that mean that's true of women? See, I don't think so. So I think they need to realize that. Not suggesting all women do this, but I've seen it somewhat often.

Also, sorry re the writing. Good luck. Maybe Samuraiko can give you a "booster shot".

Yeah' date=' I know, I was just asking in case by some odd chance you were using this as a semi-representative effect. Glad you're not! :)[/quote']

No...

Still, sometimes I wonder with all my various talents, and a fair intellect, I still haven't moved out of my Mom's house, or gotten a job with medical coverage, or any of those other things to make myself self-sufficient.

Then I look at the rest of my family and marvel that I reached 38.

JG

He has some reasonable controversy dogging him though I think mainly the nation simply isn't going to elect a third Bush anytime soon. I could well be wrong, but I hear most people saying they feel that carries the very notion too far.

HOWEVER, I don't know that I'd go so far as to say "unelectable." I know lots of moderates who say they wish Jeb Bush were in instead of GW Bush. Only the liberals are really foaming at the mouth against him at this point. A nation-wide run, however, would bring up the specter of 2000 and some concerns regarding his alleged involvement in sculpting the 2004 results unfairly. I do think that he would lose, but I don't think he's unelectable. For example, Jeb Bush versus Hllary Clinton would probably result in a Jeb Bush victory or at least be close.

Why would it not surprise me if that's what the system coughed up in 2008?

JG

Guest Skaramine

I'll let you know when I stop laughing... :rofl:

I agree. Corwin is a young genius. He especially came up with a great description of your snoring.

Can you make magical charms? I know I'd pay for something like that. Hell' date=' I already want a medicine bag, another trinket wouldn't hurt. :)[/quote']

Yes, I can. I make apothecary jars (herbs, oils, stones inside to magically give something oomph), oils, medicine bags, and plaques (both painted and tiled to draw a particular energy into the home)...

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Why would it not surprise me if that's what the system coughed up in 2008?
I would not be greatly surprised if J got the nod in '08. He's got more presence than W, IMO, and less baggage (from a national perspective, I mean. Florida residents might disagree). The dynasty thing might be the biggest strike against him. Clinton seems more unelectable to me.