Champions Minus, 5E Version!

CrosshairCollie

I wasn't sure what else to call it ... back in an old (OLD, 3rd Edition IIRC) Adventurer's Club, they had a column called Champions Plus. One issue, which I have mislocated (pout), they did Champions Minus, which basically featured goofy or parody powers. This was inspired by the last couple topics in the 'Quote of the Week' featuring references to the power Ultraviolent Vision and the Dodge Responsibility maneuver.

My personal favorite remains the aptly named Aggravation Roll; fail the aggravation roll, and the power aggravates you horribly by not working.

Anybody else got any goofy little things like this?

Re: Champions Minus, 5E Version!

The first version of Shiboyama (fat mountain) I wrote up for my campaign had a huge list of powers built for gross-out value.

Armpit Hair Fusilade, Unspeakable Nether Winds, Smothering Splash Attack, Fat-Fold-Trap, Seat of Power, The Sneeze ... It was a rare Westerner who'd dare to face Shiboyama a second time. ;)

Back in the olden days, before we had Hero Designer or even Heromaker, we made our characters using pen and paper. I fondly remember these:

Justification for Power Defense: "Imprevious to Poisson". What, the character never had fish before??? It should have been "Impervious to Poison".

Disadvantage: "Pigs Feet". This one was due to poor handwriting. The player meant "Dist Feat" as an abbreviation.

Edit: I forgot all about "Pubic ID".

Back in the olden days, before we had Hero Designer or even Heromaker, we made our characters using pen and paper. I fondly remember these:

Justification for Power Defense: "Imprevious to Poisson". What, the character never had fish before??? It should have been "Impervious to Poison".

Disadvantage: "Pigs Feet". This one was due to poor handwriting. The player meant "Dist Feat" as an abbreviation.

Edit: I forgot all about "Pubic ID".

This reminds me of a classic gag in a fantasy campaign (actually MERP) where a character ended up with a "Climbing Pig" when the GM (me) misheard him asking for a "Climbing Pick", or another time when a player brought his computer to the gaming session (quite an effort in the days before laptops) entered all of his characters details into it, but forgot his characters Computer Skill.

A good friend of mine made-up a monk character for a fantasy game we were playing. He tried to come up with a unique name for the character and brought him to the table with the name Azal.

It didn't take long before, much to his consternation, everybody was sluring the name and saying things like "Hey Azhole, give me a hand here."

Wasn't Champions Minus in an issue of Dragon? I recall things like Lack of Week' date=' where you cannot remember what day of the week it is... things like that... I really do recall it being in Dragon Magazine... could be wrong though I guess.[/quote']

Dragon may have done a spoof to, but I'm 99% sure it was Adventurers Club did Champions Minus. Couldn't find the exact issue, half my old Champions stuff is missing, but I belive it was after the book grew in size.

Diashan

A good friend of mine made-up a monk character for a fantasy game we were playing. He tried to come up with a unique name for the character and brought him to the table with the name Azal.

It didn't take long before, much to his consternation, everybody was sluring the name and saying things like "Hey Azhole, give me a hand here."

Worst character name in one of my games...

A friend was making a Shadowrun character. A very tall street samurai. He started with the name "Titan" but wanted to embellish it a bit, so he added a "-us" suffix. Thus was tight-anus (Titanus) born.