Who wants to be written up?

I just had what I thought was a cute idea.

Anyone who wants to be written up, post here. Anyone who wants to take a shot at writing us up, do so and post your results. Use standard superheroes; 200 + 150, 50 max disads per category. No writing yourself up.

And remember, this is all in fun!

Who's in?

What are basing it off though?

If we have to build other people, what do we have to go on?

Are we basing it off our display names and profiles only or what?

e.g.

Archer

Bow Multipower 60pts

12d6 EB Impact Arrow u

8d6 EX EB TNT Arrow u

2d6 RKA PEN, lots o' charges u

disadv:

Addicted to 5th Ed Champions

blah blah blah...

Re: What are basing it off though?

Originally posted by Tugun Master

Are we basing it off our display names and profiles only or what?

Names and/or personalities. People should be written up as actual superheroes -- forgot that part. :)

And they have to be full writeups, too.

Originally posted by Dr. Anomaly

Okay, if anybody feels like it, go ahead and write up "Dr. Anomaly." I'll admit I've toyed with doing that myself, just never gotten around to it. I had thoughts about a scientific gadgeteer who could also cast a few spells (is that an anomaly or what?).

Actually my thought for a power to go with that name would be a huge Cosmic VPP with the Limitation 1 Charge That Never Recovers (-4). That way the character could use any Power in the book, but could only use any given combination of Powers, Advantages, and (other) Limitations once, ever. And isn't that the very definition of anomaly? :)

Dr. Anomaly :)

Originally posted by Dr. Anomaly

Okay, if anybody feels like it, go ahead and write up "Dr. Anomaly." I'll admit I've toyed with doing that myself, just never gotten around to it. I had thoughts about a scientific gadgeteer who could also cast a few spells (is that an anomaly or what?).

Str 10

Dex 10

Con 10

Body 10

Int 10

Ego 10

Pre 10

Com 10

PD 2

ED 2

Spd 2

Rec 4

End 20

Stun 20

6" running

2" swimming

350 Powers 70D6 luck

200 + 150 Disads

150 30D6 unluck

Background:

Dr. Anomaly is your typical average person, but strange things happen to him. Mostly good, but lots of bad things happen as well. His powers involve a deep fundamental control of quantum mechanics and precognition, so much so that he subconsciously 'picks' which future timeline he travels along. Mostly his subconscious chooses the 'right' path, but the future is so complex and chaotic that many bad things happen in the process, thus explaining his 30D6 unluck. The only thing certain about his life is that it isn't boring. :D

Strictly as an example

What follows is a "Heroic" writeup I did of myself once as a joke. It is not truly a valid submission as a> I did it myself and b> it's not 350 points. However, it's a cheap opportunity to try out the "Hero Board Template"...

EDIT: Hmm, the "Follower" didn't translate right. I was wondering where those extra points came from...

Tom Huskey

Player:

Val Char Cost
8 STR -2
6 DEX -12
8 CON -4
8 BODY -4
18 INT 8
18 EGO 16
18 PRE 8
6 COM -2
2 PD 0
2 ED 0
2 SPD 4
4 REC 0
8 END -4
16 STUN 0
5" RUN-20" SWIM-21" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 4

Cost Power END
25 Lady Luck's Bastard: Luck 5d6 [Notes: Note disadvantage section.]
17 Paranoia Sense: Detect A Class Of Things 18- (Analyze, Chronoscopic (+4), Discriminatory, Microscopic (x10), Range, Sense) (34 Active Points); Cannot Completely Control, Strictly Non-Combat (-1)
Powers Cost: 42

Cost Skill
7 Analyze: System 15-
3 Systems Operation 13-
3 Tactics 13-
3 Bureaucratics 13-
3 Conversation 13-
3 Computer Programming 13-
3 Deduction 13-
3 Oratory 13-
7 Mimicry 15-
11 Stealth 14-
1 Combat Piloting 8-
1 Criminology 8-
1 Cryptography 8-
1 Lockpicking 8-
1 Persuasion 8-
1 Animal Handler (Canines) 8-
1 Language: Spanish: Basic Conversation
1 Transport Familiarity: TF: Automobiles/Vans (Automatic Transmission)
1 Weapon Familiarity: WF: Chain & Rope Weapons
1 Literacy: Read Music
3 Jack of All Trades
2 1) PS: Customer Service (PRE-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
2 2) PS: Night Operator (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
2 3) PS: Writer (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
2 4) PS: Waiter (PRE-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
1 5) PS: Janitor (2 Active Points) 11-
3 Scholar
3 1) KS: KS: Bible (INT-based) (4 Active Points) 14-
2 2) KS: KS: World War 2 (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
4 3) KS: KS: Gaming (INT-based) (5 Active Points) 15-
2 4) KS: KS: Mainstream Comics (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
2 5) KS: KS: Conspiracy History (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
2 6) KS: KS: Urban Legends (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
1 7) KS: KS: "Weird Stuff" (2 Active Points) 11-
2 8) KS: KS: Propaganda (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
1 9) KS: KS: Mythology (2 Active Points) 11-
3 Scientist
2 1) Research (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
2 2) History (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
2 3) Counterfactual Analysis (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
2 4) Theology (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
1 5) Zoology (2 Active Points) 11-
1 6) Psychology (2 Active Points) 11-
Skills Cost: 103

Cost Perk
1 Follower: Buster the PupEmerged (0 Base, 0 Disad) (0 Active Points) [Notes: Based on Small Dog]
Perks Cost: 1

Total Character Cost: 150

Val Disadvantages
25 Unluck: +5d6
10 SocDis: Noticably Ecentric (Common, Moderate)
5 PhysLim: Near Sighted (Wears Glasses), Infrequently, Slightly Impairing
10 PhysLim: Severe Reaction to Penicilian & Sugar Substitutes, Infrequently, Greatly Impairing [Notes: These are effectively a dangerous poisons to me (penicilian could be fatal).]
20 PsychLim: Nigh-obsession with Truth and Justice, Common, Total
10 PsychLim: Does not believe in tact, Uncommon, Strong
0 Normal Characteristic Maxima: No Age Restriction

Disadvantage Points: 80

Base Points: 75

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Feel free to do the Mutant for Hire. The handle originated due to the fact that I've always been the strange one in my family, not to mention considerably taller than anyone else by a fair margin, making me the mutant of the family. The "for Hire" was picked almost at random, but refined the concept as a somewhat bizarre mercenary who gets jobs out of the Twilight Zone.

I'd love to see the writeup for myself...

Syberdwarf (we're going off of screen names, right?) is based off of a (ahem) dnd character. Now picture the stereotypical dwarf in full viking gear, long beard, bad temper, drinking all the time.....

Syberdwarf gets transported to an alternate (by his perspective) universe, ours, and picks up a long forgotten skill of his people.... singing.

Badly.

At a kareoke bar no less. He also discovers computers and decides that technology rocks, so he becomes obsessed no longer with money and gold, but with technology and computers....

He has a HUGE battle axe, and a beer stein that fills up with dwarven mead any time anyone within a earshot says the incatation ("reglin" was the word, I beleive)

Anyway,... have at!

Re: Strictly as an example

Emerged, I like that high Stealth roll. Not quick, not agile, but he's out there somewhere...

Originally posted by TheEmerged

Paranoia Sense: Detect A Class Of Things 18- (Analyze, Chronoscopic (+4), Discriminatory, Microscopic (x10), Range, Sense) (34 Active Points); Cannot Completely Control, Strictly Non-Combat (-1)

That's a power I'm a little too familiar with. :)

Originally posted by TheEmerged

Tom Huskey

I think you forgot a disadvantage:

5 Reputation (mistaken identity): Thomas "Zoo Man" Huskey, Knoxville serial killer (recognized 8-, extreme reputation, known to limited group)

Or maybe that's one of those reps that count as perks ...

Re: Re: Strictly as an example

Originally posted by Uncle Shecky

Emerged, I like that high Stealth roll. Not quick, not agile, but he's out there somewhere...

This is one of those things you have to know me to completely get the joke. I make a hobby of sneaking up behind people and just... standing there. It's one of those "noticeable eccentricities" I get a SocLim for.

I *used* to be quite fond of scaring people when I did that, and on purpose. That stopped when I nearly caused a heart attack in an older woman while I was in college :o

I think you forgot a disadvantage:

5 Reputation (mistaken identity): Thomas "Zoo Man" Huskey, Knoxville serial killer (recognized 8-, extreme reputation, known to limited group)

Or maybe that's one of those reps that count as perks ...

Not a perk at all. I didn't actually forget this one; this writeup predates my discovery of Thomas Dee "Zoo Man" Huskey. Having said that, I'm sure the Real Life GM wouldn't give me points for it since it rarely comes up in the part of the campaign I live in (Thank God). I miss being able to make the "I've got the goatee, so I'm the evil twin" jokes, though...