Stargate Hero

shem_whistler

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Stargate Hero

There was a flashback scene between Teal'c and Apophis where they discussed the fate of Teal'c's father. (It was the episode where Teal'c was undergoing the Rite of Mal'sharak after being brainwashed by Apophis.) Apophis was upset with Teal'c for daring to defend his father's actions and zapped him with the hand device. That may be what you were remembering.

• 3 weeks later...

Was the HD file for Teal'c ever posted? I just went throught the entire thread and that is the only one I can't find.

Oh, err... Never mind I just found the link to the Website. Now I'll just pop over there and start reading.

Ooops, good point, I put it on the site but never here, will add it now.

Also, I know that I've been quiet on this lately but have had a very busy real life month, should hopefully get back to this soon.

Cheers

Shem

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am starting to get a bit more free real life time, and the next thing I was looking to do was create some equipment write ups.

Primarily this will be write up of weapons and combat equipment.

Would peoples preference be for the all of this in one HD file using lists to group and sort the items? Or would people prefer a seperate fiel for each 'faction' or 'type' of equipment.

Examples;

A) One file.

SGC

Pistols

9mm

Machine Gun

FN P90

Assault Rifle

Goa'uld

Hand Weapons

Zat

Assault Weapons

Staff Weapon

Heavy Weapons

B) Seperate Files by 'Faction'

Goa'uld

Hand Weapons

Zat

Assault Weapons

Staff Weapon

Heavy Weapons

C) Seperate Files by 'Type'

Hand Weapons/Pistols

Goa'uld

Zat

SGC

9mm

Assault Weapons

Goa'uld

Staff Weapon

SGC

It would be great if people could give feedback on which they'd prefer, then I can start to organise the files.

Not to influence the ooutcome, but I think I prefer B)

Cheers

Shem

Tim,

Thanks for the input, I've got DC and was going to use that a base.

I was going to see if all the modifiers fitted the SG feel, for instance I need to have a look to see if Real Weapon fits the style.

DC also has some fairly large gaps, for instance C4 and claymores, that will need to be filled.

Thanks again.

Matt

Re: Stargate HeroHi all,I Have started on some of the SGC weapons, please feel free to make any suggestions on the builds.Beretta Model 92/92FS 9mm: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6+1 (20 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 10 (STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage; -1), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4), No Knockback (-1/4), 15 Charges (-1/4)

H&K SOCOM .45 ACP: (Total: 40 Active Cost, 14 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Ranged 1 1/2d6 (25 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 12 (STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage; -1), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, Only if Whisper Lock is active; -1/4), 12 Charges (-1/4) (Real Cost: 6) plus Laser Sight +1 with Ranged Combat (5 Active Points); Required Hands One-And-A-Half-Handed (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4), Only applies to targets within 50' (-1/4) (Real Cost: 3) plus Whisper Lock Invisibility to Hearing Group (10 Active Points); Only In Usable In Single Shot Mode (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, To activate/deactivate Whisper Lock; -1/2) (Real Cost: 5) Notes: Due to the stopping power of this weapon, the No Knockback limitation has been left off.

Colt M1911A1 .45 ACP: Killing Attack - Ranged 1 1/2d6 (25 Active Points); OAF Durable (-1), STR Minimum 10 (STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage; -1), 7 Charges (-3/4), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4). Notes: Due to the stopping power of this weapon, the No Knockback limitation has been left off.

FN Five-seveN 5.7x28mm: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6+1, 20 Charges (+0), Armor Piercing (+1/2) (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 9 (STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage; -1), No Knockback (-1/4), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4)

Glock 17 9mm P: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6+1, 19 Charges (+0), Composite Body (Invisible to metal detectors; +1/4) (25 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 9 (STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage; -1), No Knockback (-1/4), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4)Many ThanksShem

• 2 weeks later...

Replicators

Here is my first draft of the Replicators.

It is not quite complete as I still need to build the Queen, but you can see the route that I'm taking.

I've started off with a single block that creates more blocks and then Multiforms to a Worker.

This worker then creates more blocks, then Duplicates and ultimately can Multiform upto a Soldier. It also possesses skills to start to take over tech systems it encounters.

The Soldier can then Multiform to a Queen.

I was going to handwave the kill the first block and everything else dies mechanic of Duplication, on the grounds that you would never be able to find that initial one, plus the hive mind mentality of the Replicators means that you would need to wipe them all out to stop them in their tracks.

In the next post I will put the builds of the Block, Worker and Soldier.

Please let me know what you think.

I apologise in advance for any glaring errors as it is very late and I'm feeling wooly headed. :)

Cheers

Shem

Replicator BuildsReplicator BlockPlayer:

Val Char Cost
0 STR -10
0 DEX -30
10 CON 0
10 BODY 0
10 INT 0
10 EGO 0
0 PRE -10
0 COM -5
5 PD 5
15 ED 13
1 SPD 0
10 REC 16
20 END 0
15 STUN 0
1" RUN-100" SWIM-20" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: -33
Cost Power END
23 Worker: Multiform (265 Character Points in the most expensive form) (53 Active Points); OAF Expendable (Difficult to obtain new Focus; 1000 Blocks; -1 1/4) 0
60 Major Transform 2d6 (Raw material into Replicator Blocks), NND ([standard]; Acid Resistance; +1) (60 Active Points) [Notes: Every 10 BODY doubles the number of blocks 'banked'] 6
Powers Cost: 83

Base Points: 49Experience Required: 1Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 50

Height: 0.02 m Hair: 
Weight: 1.00 kg Eyes: 
Appearance: Personality: Quote:Background: Powers/Tactics: The Replicator Blocks sole purpose is to replicate to the stage where it can use Multiform to change itself to a Worker.Campaign Use: Replicator WorkerPlayer:
Val Char Cost
6 STR -4
6 DEX -12
12 CON 4
12 BODY 4
12 INT 2
10 EGO 0
0 PRE -10
0 COM -5
5 PD 4
15 ED 13
1 SPD 0
10 REC 14
24 END 0
21 STUN 0
3" RUN-60" SWIM-20" LEAP-1Characteristics Cost: 1
Cost Power END
29 Duplication (creates 500 265-point Duplicates), Easy Recombination (Zero-Phase Action at Full DCV) (108 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Character May Take No Other Actions, -1 1/2), OAF Expendable (Difficult to obtain new Focus; 500 Replicator Blocks; -1 1/4) 0
6 Extra Limbs (2), Inherent (+1/4) (6 Active Points) 0
26 LS (Eating: Character does not eat; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Sleeping: Character does not sleep) 0
21 Soldier: Multiform (236 Character Points in the most expensive form) (47 Active Points); OAF Expendable (Difficult to obtain new Focus; 1000 Blocks; -1 1/4) 0
90 Major Transform 3d6 (Raw material into Replicator Blocks), NND ([standard]; Acid Resistance; +1) (90 Active Points) [Notes: Every 10 BODY doubles the number of blocks 'banked'] 9
Powers Cost: 172
Cost Skill
9 Computer Programming (Artificial Intelligence, Infiltration) 14-
9 Cryptography 14-
12 Electronics (Communications Systems, Environmental Systems, Asgard Ship Weapons, Goa'uld Ship Weapons) 14-
9 Inventor 14-
9 Mechanics 14-
9 Navigation (Hyperspace, Space) 14-
9 Security Systems 14-
12 Systems Operation (Communications Systems, Environmental Systems, Asgard Ship Weapons, Goa'uld Ship Weapons) 14-
Skills Cost: 78
Cost Talent
14 Fearless
Talents Cost: 14

Base Points: 265Experience Required: 0Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 265

Height: 0.75 m Hair: 
Weight: 50.00 kg Eyes: 
Appearance: Personality: Quote:Background: Powers/Tactics: The Replicator Worker will continue to Transform material into more blocks, once a sufficient amount has been banked it will duplicate another Worker. It can also use it's skills to take control of the environment it is in. Once sufficient Blocks and Wrokers are in place, some of them will Multiform into Soldiers. Campaign Use: Replicator SoldierPlayer:
Val Char Cost
8 STR -2
8 DEX -6
14 CON 8
16 BODY 12
10 INT 0
10 EGO 0
0 PRE -10
0 COM -5
5 PD 3
15 ED 12
2 SPD 2
15 REC 20
30 END 1
30 STUN 3
6" RUN00" SWIM-20" LEAP-1Characteristics Cost: 35
Cost Power END
6 Extra Limbs (2), Inherent (+1/4) (6 Active Points) 0
18 Healing BODY 2d6, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (37 Active Points); OAF (Raw Material; -1) 0
60 Acid Spray: RKA 1 1/2d6 (vs. PD), Penetrating (+1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (75 Active Points); Limited Range (1"; -1/4) 7
26 LS (Eating: Character does not eat; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Sleeping: Character does not sleep) 0
22 Queen: Multiform (250 Character Points in the most expensive form) (50 Active Points); OAF Expendable (Difficult to obtain new Focus; 1000 Blocks; -1 1/4) 0
10 Clinging (normal STR) 0
Powers Cost: 142
Cost Skill
9 Analyze: Combat 14-
9 Tactics 14-
9 Teamwork 14-
Skills Cost: 27
Cost Talent
14 Fearless
18 Combat Sense 14-
Talents Cost: 32

Base Points: 236Experience Required: 0Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 236

Height: 1.22 m Hair: 
Weight: 75.00 kg Eyes: 
Appearance: Personality: Quote:Background: Powers/Tactics: The Soldiers main aim is to defend the Replicator colony. Secondary to this the first chance that a Soldier gets it will Multiform up to a Queen, although only 1 Queen will be active at any time.Campaign Use: 

I've been thinking about Replicators myself. Thinking the following, to be precise: give 'em either a vulnerability to shotguns and area-effect weapons (like grenades), or a resistance to simple bullet weapons (the spread helps destroy 'em faster). I like the former approach, since giving them a resistance to bullets makes it seem like bullets are the wrong way to go about it. Just that they seem to be able to take a few rifle bullets before falling apart, but one decent shotgun blast and they're in pieces.

As for their regeneration.... I was toying with giving them two massive BODY aid powers, both bought with trigger. I read somewhere that they can be blown apart twice and come back together, but the third time they're down for good. The double-trigger thing should simulate this... but sometimes, in the series, they can be taken down faster if they get REALLY hammered. I guess that'd be simulated by putting them so far below zero that the aid can't help 'em.

(Oh, and if they survive, then before the Aid runs out their natural regeneration etc would have properly fixed the injuries. :)

I've been thinking about the whole replicator issue since I said to Shem and I've come up with something slightly off the wall.

IMO replicators ahve more in common with a disease than any usual opponent. My thoughts are to base the issue of a replicator outbreak on a continuous uncontrolled transform. The GM would keep a running total of the BODY transformed and the effects of the outbreak vary dependent on that running total. Players can affect the outbreak by reducing the running total by destroying replicators.

My basic construction is

3D6 Transform - multiple foci (easily replaced, durable0 [-0], Restrainable [-1/4], Range limited (may only transform material in contact with foci) [-1/4], Independent [-2], Extra Time [-2]

if BODY total < 30, attack 1/day

if BODY total < 50, attack 1/6 hours

if BODY total < 70, attack 1/hour

if BODY total < 90, attack 1/20 minutes

if BODY total < 110, attack 1/5 minutes

if BODY total < 130, attack 1/minute

if BODY total >= 130, attack 1/turn

continuous [+1], uncontrolled [+1/2], 0 END [+1/2].

Cost: 25

Each block destroyed removes 1 BODY from the running total

Each Warrior destroyed removes 20 BODY from the running total

Each Worker destroyed removes 10 BODY from the running total

Each Worker formed adds 1D6 to TRANSFORM attack

Only 1 worker for every 50 BODY, 1 warrior for every 70 BODY

I'd use Shem's basic constructs but without any need for duplication and transform only for workers.

This provides a metagame opponent for the heroes to battle. The initial BODY depends on the number of blocks, workers and warriors that get introduced into an environment.

depending on running totals ther heroes masy have to think of containment rather than bringing the total to zero.

Doc

I've been thinking about Replicators myself. Thinking the following' date=' to be precise: give 'em either a vulnerability to shotguns and area-effect weapons (like grenades), or a resistance to simple bullet weapons (the spread helps destroy 'em faster).[/quote']

That was what I was trying to reflect with the PD being much lower than their ED. As Goa'uld energy weapons had very little effect whereas projectile weapons did a lot of damage. Would this suffice or as you say would a vulnerability be the better option?

As for their regeneration.... I was toying with giving them two massive BODY aid powers' date=' both bought with trigger. I read somewhere that they can be blown apart twice and come back together, but the third time they're down for good. The double-trigger thing should simulate this... but sometimes, in the series, they can be taken down faster if they get REALLY hammered. I guess that'd be simulated by putting them so far below zero that the aid can't help 'em.[/quote']

I can't recall ever seeing Replicators ever rebuild themselves during combat. And must admit that I haven't read anything to that effect, but I also haven't read everything on Stargate :). So I was thinking of a normal healing based on raw materials being present to reflect them harvesting materials to make repairs. And this to me doesn't seem to be a tactic that would be employed in a combat situation.

Shem

I'm very keen on a combination of Doc's concept and my constructs, have had a lengthy chat off the board with him and have decided to play with the numbers he has proposed to see how quickly a Replicator infection will take to become deadly.

I'll post the results as soon as they're done.

Shem

Ok,

Whislt trying to play with the numbers for Doc's suggestion, it seemed to make more sense to put into excel.

To that end the attached file is a sheet that plots the infection rate of the replicators.

It is built on the numbers that Doc has suggested, though he has said himself that these were pulled form thin air, therefore I have made most of the fields variable.

As such you can adjust the starting quantity of workers and warriors, the number of constructs that you can have per transformed body. The base transform value and the increments of time.

So lots to play around with :)

I'd appreciate it if any one conversant in excel could check my math as I've spent too long looking at it and I can't really pick it apart now. Also if anyone could suggest a decent way to chart the rate of infection that would be very useful, all the charts I came up with weren't correct, as they were using the number of iterations rather than the time per iteration as the x axis.

Oh, I've used the CONVERT function which is not a standard excel function, it requires the analysis add in to be installed.

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers

Shem