Pic of Doc D?

phydaux

Re: Pic of Doc D?

I believe that I got it off of the Guardians of Order website back when they were advertising the Reality Storm booklet. (The Champions / Silver Age Sentinels crossover). The picture is also on the back of that book. I just visited their site and cannot find the picture so I guess they've taken it down.

Chris Stevens is credited with the artwork.

huh. I always thought this pic was by Storn Cook' date=' *my* personal favorite Champs artist...[/quote']

That may well be, especially since GOO and Hero cooperated on the book. Perhaps Storn will see this thread and let us know. The Reality Storm book lists cover art by Chris Stevens. Perhaps I should have studied the credits more closely, there could be something in the small print. Naturally I am at work right now so I can't.

CKC lists several interior artists, but the Pic in question does not have a signature.

Reality Storm lists Chris Stevens as the Cover artist and Tara Lustic & Udon as interior Artists. The Destroyer pic is on the back cover but does not appear inside. Other Destroyer picks which are inside are done in a different style.

Based on this listing and artistic simularities to other work we know he did, I would guess that the Pic we are all talking about was probably done by Chris Stevens. Of course we will need either Chris or one of the DOJ to confirm this.

Wow' date=' that looks almost nothing like the classic Doctor Destroyer. The picture I have of him (Classic Enemies) couldn't look more different (well, it couldn't look more different inside the same concept).[/quote']

According to official Champions Universe history Destroyers old armor was shattered during the battle of Detroit. Chief among his accomplisments during his 10 year disappearence was the creation of a new more-powerful battlesuit.

What his old armor was like gets confusing. In Millenium City there is a picture of Dr. D in the new 5th edition style armor battling several heroes who are known to have died in the Battle of Detroit. So it looks like his old armor looked like his new set.

But in Champions Universe, in the history section were they describe the battle there is an illustration of a hero holding Destroyers shattered Helmet. (the only piece of him found). This helmet resembles his old 3rth & 4th edition hemet, implying the armor he lost resembled the armor from the cover of the old Champs 4th edition book.

Personally, I like the second option as it ties into Hero System history and makes it seem like even Destroyer's gear gets smaller and slimmer over time.

And anyway, what fun is a Super hero universe without a couple continuity errors?