Hooray for Newbies! why are you suddenly here?

Jhamin

Re: Hooray for Newbies! why are you suddenly here?

Wow my first post !!

I'm here because I think that one must try all the best systems in the world !!

So since I've already mastered a Fantasy Harnmaster, a WWII Rolemaster and a horror Call of Cthulhu why not try a superhero campaign with the best system around.

Now I'm currently tackling the rulebook ( I'm a little afraid but coming from Rolemaster I'm fairly prepared to everything) and be sure that I'll post some boring and newbie question early !

Ciao

PS By the way I'm 33 and I'm an Italian. How many are around here ?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow my first post !!

I'm here because I think that one must try all the best systems in the world !!

So since I've already mastered a Fantasy Harnmaster, a WWII Rolemaster and a horror Call of Cthulhu why not try a superhero campaign with the best system around.

Now I'm currently tackling the rulebook ( I'm a little afraid but coming from Rolemaster I'm fairly prepared to everything) and be sure that I'll post some boring and newbie question early !

Ciao

PS By the way I'm 33 and I'm an Italian. How many are around here ?

I'm aware of two other Italians being here, one I don't recall though by handle or anything specific unfortunately, but the other, who's quite active, is Solomon (who lives in Rome or more accurately Roma).

Welcome!

By the way I'm 33 and I'm an Italian. How many are around here?

I'm not sure how many of 'em are on the boards (or if so, how active they are), but I know I've been contacted by several Italian fans in the past. IIRC, there was a pretty active group in Ravenna.

I'm from Milan ( or Milano if you please). You know fashion, pollution, traffic, great soccer teams...

I think that over here in the U.S., most of us associate the name "Milano" with (a) a really delicious cookie from Pepperidge Farms, and (B) a good-looking TV actress. ;)

Nooooo really!!!!

I knew that soccer was not that popular over there but I tought Milan to be a little more famous than Alyssa :nonp:

Nevertheless we still play Hero here ( or we are learning how to do it... Steve so many rules...) and we have some really good cookies. Expecially during Christmas we have a typcal cake named "Panettone" (Big Bread) that is worth the visit alone!!

Merry Christmas to everyone and keep gaming !!!

Ah, hi! And welcome!

What city (or nearby major city)?

It just goes to show I should not go on messages boards on only 4 hours of sleep. I thought you meant any italain gamer. I'm as far as can be. I'm in Montreal Canada. Though I can vouch for the "Panettone". Especially the homemade kind.

Guest bblackmoor

I knew that soccer was not that popular over there but I tought Milan to be a little more famous than Alyssa

I associate Milan with beautiful fashion models, and Milano with the aforementioned delicious cookies (which are, of course, named after the city in which one finds beautiful fashion models). No disrespect to Alyssa intended.

Only after I had retreated to my hotel room did I discover that He Who Must Not Be Named had designed the thing. Curses! Not only had I been hoodwinked into buying the notorious World Of Synnibarr years before (by interesting cover art and Christmas money aching to be spent), but now I'd been duped once again into giving my hard-earned cash to Mr. R. c.s. McEgo.

D'oh! :eek:

Fiendish!!!! Honestly, your tale sent a chill down my spine. I have ran in the other direction upon sight of "He whose name must never be spoken" but now that I know he has his mother out there peddling his "tainted" wares I now fear that know one will ever be safe. AAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

FWIW' date=' I don't know if [the "Points" clause in the 4th Edition rules for Multipower'] was a "loophole" per se. I think it may just have been an unclear description. We always played as if it said "Active Points" in our group. I don't have my errata in front of me, though, so I could be mistaken.

Well, you might've played that way in your group, but I knew a good thing when I saw it!

pts | power
----+------------------------
50 | Multipower
 5 | u10d6 EB
 5 | u40d6 EB, 1 charge, OAF

Beautifully munchkin. Ya can't do that under the 5th Edition Multipower rules!

• 3 months later...

My gaming group isnt newbies to Champions at all.

I've reffed HERO off-n-on for 20 years.

My old buddy started us up in a Champions game recently

and so I need to participate and learn 5ER.

plus there's the incredibles movie.

if that doesnt motivate you to run/play HERO

then the pilot light has winked out.

plus there's the incredibles movie.

if that doesnt motivate you to run/play HERO

then the pilot light has winked out.

sigged.png

My .sig automatically changes periodically. I've added that quote of yours to the list of things that get rotated. I hope you don't mind! :D