Best way to build this...

Todd

I'm wanting to build an unkillable characters. (yea, i know.)

He is basically a 250 point character.. with some skills and talents.. mostly normal stats.

and all defensive powers.

He can get hurt. but regens fast.. and even if his head is cut off, he comes back.

Any ideas on cool ways to pull this off?

Thanks.

Todd

Well...of the top of my head this just screams regen from death and replaces limbs...I usually look at this as a can't die task,but a returns from death should look at Sum:exact dup of self,total devotion Trigger,just died or duplication trigger and a swap places power this however burns points forever as dups that die do not come back. I've used simulate death and Invisable BODY to do this so you Look like your at -20 body but actually you've still got some left :) power levels and the GM's gag-factor need to be considered though...

Originally posted by Patriot

There is no such thing as an unkillable character!!!

A GM well versed in the rules can make any PC cry if he needs to for just a handful of points.

GM Caveat: 1 pip HKA, -1/2 Gestures (Tearing Up Character Sheet), -1/2 Incantations ("No Freaking Way") 3 pts.

Back to topic...my current 5th character, Hellion, has:

Cursed: Healing 2 BODY (Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (90 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12); -1 1/4), Resurrection Only (-1/2), Self Only (-1/2)

He has been cursed to 'live forever' by a gypsy...he gets killed, spends a little time in Hell, and then comes back good as new...except for his sanity. This is a bit of a rules stretch, but my GM makes my stays in Hell most...memorable, which makes up for the rules interpretation.

a couple ideas

Regeneration from death is the easy way but even that stipulates there needs to be a way to stop it. Summoning on a trigger might work. But you have to summon a complete copy of yourself. There is an advantage to allow you to summon a particular person. This is a major GM permission thing!

As for regeneration I have built several regenerators some very rapid regenerators. Here are some suggestions.

Regeneration duh

Armor Special effect that you took the body and stun but it healed back in an instant.

Damage reduction special effect is the same you took the body but some of it healed back instantly.

Aid as healing. Concentrating on healing yourself back

High recovery

Extra body

Extra stun

Extra DCV the attack hit but you healed it all back in a flash

Absorption to body

The GM may want you to buy some of these powers invisible. My GM liked the Armor idea so much he let me buy it without invisibility. He mostly liked the idea of me staying away from aid.

Imagine this scenario

Normal guy with 10 PD, 10 Body and 40 stun gets hit by a 15 d6 Energy blast the effect would be 5 body left and -3 stun.

Now imagine he has 10 points of armor, ½ damage reduction, and 1 body regeneration. He gets hit by the same attack so he looks like he is instantly knocked out and bleeding all over the place. In less then a second he is back to all 10 body and his stun is 24! That guy is still in the fight after taking a might blast but boy dose he look worse for ware.

One little thing I did is I said that 1 point of body always bleeds through the armor that way I got to use my regeneration.

Peace

Bryan

Uh, back before 5th and the resurrection option on healing, I had a player who wanted to play a vampire. In order to simulate the back from the dead thing, he bought a transformation attack (dead character to "live" character) on a trigger (dead), 0-END, persistent and Independent. The Independent is the key, since such powers continue to work even when the character is dead.

However, it did have drawbacks. The character also had regeneration. Transformation attacks always have 2 ways to heal from them (as I recall): something you designate (such as when Vampirism curse dispelled) or healing the body. Well, since the character had regeneration, and a high body, we figured out that because of the come-back-from-the-dead effect being a transformation attack, he'd be dying every 2.5 minutes, and then coming back 1 minute later.

Moral of the story: personal immunity on his regeneration. :)

I'm sure this doesn't help.

Hmmm..... I took a Wolverine approach one time.

Unbreakable foci, reinforced skeleton IIF......

It generated the Regenration and had 10 inherent body. So as long as this unbreakable foci existed, the character had base 10 body and would regenerate. it is a horrible rules abuse, and a very slack interpretation. but ya know, if our the GM, thats all that matters! :)

Could I buy extra Body with the limitation that it only affects my negative max before I actually die? how much of a lim would this be?

Or could I buy the Healing:Regeneration:Resurrection option with the power advantage no way to stop the resurrection/regeneration?

Thoughts?

well, it's been said before: there's no such thing as an unkillable character. Just the same, there's no way to add an enhancement "no way to stop the regen", because there will always be a way. The simplest (though uncommon) would be to dispel it.

Depending on how many points you want to blow on this, a single point of regen will generally give you that "unkillable" aspect, especially if you add "can regrow limbs" and "resurrection" on it.

Another fun trick is to buy healing on a trigger (0 stun), with the continuous advantage. The healing can only heal up to the max amount of the dice bought with healing, but it's a quick way to automatically get your stun back, if you feel like spending the points on it. Of course, no sensible GM would allow this.

There's also "desolid" on the trigger of "when unconscious", and the limitation "cannot pass through objects". The special effect is that your body just suddenly resists all further damage. I would personally add the limitation that it only works if you're unconscious, and once you regain consciousness, it stops working.

The question I would ask is, if you're playing in a hero/champions game, why are you so worried about dying? Is your GM really that sadistic? If so, no matter how much healing and regen you take, he'll find a way anyway. The game is designed to make it unlikely that you will die, unless someone is going around slashing throats after the battle.

Instead of blowing a hundred or more points on being unkillable, I would advise looking for some powers that might help you get out of situations where you might die. Or take the more courageous route and get some powers that will help your group, instead of just yourself.

Just my opinion.

Thanks for the insight...

The actual concept is that the charcter really has no other uses.. other than some skills.. His only real power(s) will be the unkillable part. He will have some unluck.. he will get hit often.. he will get thrown around (taking extra knockback..) He will be bloody and unconsious a lot... but he won't actually die...

No other reason.. just a concept I was working on and wondering the best way to build using 5th edition. :)