Villians & Vigilantes (aka Living Legends) "to HERO Adaptations & Conversions*

TheQuestionMan

Hello HEROdom, I was curious if any one has Adapted and or Converted the "Villians & Vigilantes (aka Living Legends)" setting to HERO.

A Spin Off from my GURPS International Super Teams "to HERO Adaptations & Conversions*

Proditor and Lord Beavis I know have a few.

What can you contribute.

QM

P.S.: Here's a few resource Links

Proditor's Villains and Vigilantes Conversions

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/proditor/vandv/vandvindex.htm

Page one of the V&V Conversions is up! (by proditor)

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/proditor/vandvindex.htm

Living Legends

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/l/livlegen.htm

The Villians & Vigilantes Emporium - Art & Stuff

http://www.paratime.ca/v_and_v/

Morpheus Unbound

http://www.patric.net/morpheus/legend/

Added "The Crusaders" converted to Hero

http://www.bcholmes.org/rpgs/crusaders/index.html

Liberty The American Girl - Multipul Conversions

http://powerheroes.com/gaming.htm

Villians & Vigilantes Campaign Headquaters - Interesting, hmmm...

http://home.pcisys.net/~pandemonium/v&v/index.html

Proditor's "V&V Conversion page moved and updated."

http://herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=737053#post737053

Re: Villians & Vigilantes (aka Living Legends) "to HERO Adaptations & Conversions*

I have completed Mocker (from the Crushers). As a more major villian compared to Vulture, Mocker came out to 548 total points. He comes in the Hd format (an excellent utility).

Take a look and if you don't like it, make your own changes.

Re: Villians & Vigilantes (aka Living Legends) "to HERO Adaptations & Conversions*

Heh...I have HDC files for the Crusaders (Complete with colorized Jeff Dee artwork) and the Crushers; hand written files for The Errants and I've started on Force's boys from "Assassin". I was kinda into V&V as my avatar might show. ;)

Heh...I have HDC files for the Crusaders (Complete with colorized Jeff Dee artwork) and the Crushers; hand written files for The Errants and I've started on Force's boys from "Assassin". I was kinda into V&V as my avatar might show. ;)

Ooo ... any chance that you can share? :D

Ooo ... any chance that you can share? :D

I don't think I can post wihtout approval from Steve and Jeff respectively, but I'm pretty sure I could mail them to folks to look them over. In some ways they are "My take" on them using the old conversion guides that you used to get in the back of modules. If people want to have a look see, pm me who you want under the condition that you'll give me feedback. :D

Not all of them have attached artwork, but I think all the Crusaders do.

Who is available:

Manta-Man

Laserfire

Blizzard

Dreamweaver

Enforcer

Evergreen

F.I.S.T

Mace

Marionette

Mercury Mercenary

Shocker

Stormlord

Also, some people asked about the Sentinels from Champs of the North. I asked Steve and he said he had no problem with me posting them, but only if DOJ didn't use them and they haven't made a decision yet. I'm cool with that, but I figure if someone wants to help me look them over, you'd be doing me a favor. So, if you want those I can e-mail them under the same provisos as the V&V guys.

A-man

Adamantine

Ambrosia

Aquarian

Gazelle

Minstrel

Mirage

Oracle

Polar Bear

Sirius

Sirius (Wolfhound form)

Star Sapphire

Skylark

Perhaps these links from the RPG conversion thread would be pertinent:

Detailed conversion notes:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24210

Writeups for the Destroyers villain team, from Death Duel with the Destroyers:

http://www.patric.net/morpheus/cast/legend/destroy.html

Writeup for Surge, from the DNAgents Sourcebook:

http://www.herogames.com/oldForum/HeroSystemDiscussion/001309.html

I was kinda into V&V as my avatar might show. ;)
In my private campaign timeline' date=' I ended up reforming Proditor Cappela when the Capellan's invaded in [i']From The Deeps of Space.[/i] He and some other space-related characters (Commander Astro from Battle Above the Earth, some representatives from the other alien races from FTDOS and Dawn of the Devil, a new Professor Polarity from Super-Crooks & Criminals, etc.) now protect the solar system out of Marsbase Vigilans as The First Line.

In my private campaign timeline' date=' I ended up reforming Proditor Cappela when the Capellan's invaded in [i']From The Deeps of Space.[/i] He and some other space-related characters (Commander Astro from Battle Above the Earth, some representatives from the other alien races from FTDOS and Dawn of the Devil, a new Professor Polarity from Super-Crooks & Criminals, etc.) now protect the solar system out of Marsbase Vigilans as The First Line.
See now THAT'S what I'm talking about! I knew I wasn't the only one who knew ole proditor was a hero! Rep for your insightfulness. :D

I have completed Mocker (from the Crushers). As a more major villian compared to Vulture, Mocker came out to 548 total points. He comes in the Hd format (an excellent utility).

Take a look and if you don't like it, make your own changes.

Funny to see this, I was impressed by the V&V villains' looks, including Mocker, and so I have a Bogeyman and Mocker villain duo I've often used in games, but they're just my writeups and not terribly related to the V&V ones. Thanks for posting this.

The V&V random character generation method was pretty funny. My players never seemed to have the same amount of luck generating characters as other people did. The super team I ran included:

Ordinary Guy: Team leader, he had no exceptional stats. His only power was the ability to pull anything out of his backpack that he might conceivably have put in there. Chronically short of funds (he started as Destitute), that wasn't much.

Fungi: Inspired by the huge slime mold that exists under the earth in the US somewhere underground, Fungi was a (not very) mobile intelligent fungus. It could emit hallucinogenic spores... eventually. Sadly, he had a Dex of 1, so he always went dead last.

Triangle Man: Possibly the world's most powerful telekinetic... but only when it had to do with triangles. His shining moment came when he went up to Bull (who was easily defeating everyone else in the group and couldn't be damaged by any of their attacks) and drew a triangle on his trunks with a marker supplied by Ordinary Guy. Sheer genius.

Leapfrog: The "team brick," he had decent defenses, could leap pretty far, and was strong enough to pick up a car... well, maybe a motorcycle - he minned out his Heightened Strength.

And more along the same line.

When I tried to convert these characters to Hero, I ran into a phenomenon I've not encountered since: they're incredibly puny in terms of points. I believe Ordinary Guy and Leapfrog were tied for most expensive character, at about 125 points each. Triangle Man clocked in at about 100, while Fungi came out at a meager 50 points. I should put them in HD format; they were highly amusing.

The V&V random character generation method was pretty funny. My players never seemed to have the same amount of luck generating characters as other people did. The super team I ran included:

Ordinary Guy: Team leader, he had no exceptional stats. His only power was the ability to pull anything out of his backpack that he might conceivably have put in there. Chronically short of funds (he started as Destitute), that wasn't much.

Fungi: Inspired by the huge slime mold that exists under the earth in the US somewhere underground, Fungi was a (not very) mobile intelligent fungus. It could emit hallucinogenic spores... eventually. Sadly, he had a Dex of 1, so he always went dead last.

Triangle Man: Possibly the world's most powerful telekinetic... but only when it had to do with triangles. His shining moment came when he went up to Bull (who was easily defeating everyone else in the group and couldn't be damaged by any of their attacks) and drew a triangle on his trunks with a marker supplied by Ordinary Guy. Sheer genius.

Leapfrog: The "team brick," he had decent defenses, could leap pretty far, and was strong enough to pick up a car... well, maybe a motorcycle - he minned out his Heightened Strength.

And more along the same line.

When I tried to convert these characters to Hero, I ran into a phenomenon I've not encountered since: they're incredibly puny in terms of points. I believe Ordinary Guy and Leapfrog were tied for most expensive character, at about 125 points each. Triangle Man clocked in at about 100, while Fungi came out at a meager 50 points. I should put them in HD format; they were highly amusing.

Yeah, we had that happen all the time. If we had 6 players, we got 2 powerhouses, 3 normalish powered guys and one guy who was barely able to open his own front door.

The worst case was Horro the Magnificient (Story elsewhere on the boards somewhere) who was so pathetic the villain gave him extra powers out of pity. Mid-Fight, and after he had already taken out Horro's teammates. Poor, poor Horro...

You can find a link to my V&V "Universe" Timeline at the Emporium' date=' but I made up a little fact sheet of the Crusader's hometown of Center City for a possible campaign once upon a time.

I loved that! That was yours? Cool!

Yeah' date=' we had that happen all the time. If we had 6 players, we got 2 powerhouses, 3 normalish powered guys and one guy who was barely able to open his own front door.[/quote']

I seem to remember that they built something into the rules for this. I may be misremembering, but I thought you could increase your power level by taking restrictions on your power. I think this is how Triangle Man became powerful enough to do superheroic stuff; originally, he could maybe open a front door with his TK, but with restrictions he finally became superpowered.

Ordinary Guy traded in his original power set for his unique power. He rolled up something like Natural Weaponry (at the lowest power level) and Willpower. I took pity on him and rewarded his creativity when he came up with something cool.

I seem to remember that they built something into the rules for this. I may be misremembering, but I thought you could increase your power level by taking restrictions on your power. I think this is how Triangle Man became powerful enough to do superheroic stuff; originally, he could maybe open a front door with his TK, but with restrictions he finally became superpowered.

Ordinary Guy traded in his original power set for his unique power. He rolled up something like Natural Weaponry (at the lowest power level) and Willpower. I took pity on him and rewarded his creativity when he came up with something cool.

Yeah, you got to roll up 1d6+1 powers (IIRC) and you could keep all of them and take a disad, or drop one power and have no disads. Poor Horro rolled a 1, got Emotion Control and Illusions, had only one stat over 9 and that was his Int I think. His disad was "Prejudice" and it took the form of him having a big clear fishbowl welded to his skull above the eyes. Oh, and nothing under it, so you always got to see his brain. Poor, poor Horro....it was all the result of a tragic microwave popcorn accident.

I played a PBEM version in the late 90's. They wanted money for every turn of play. The game went well. We didn't roll up characters, we just took a few powers. You got to decide between devices, magic, powers, skills, etc..

I created QuickFreeze, he was a cool character. I need to work on him.

Here is the F.I.S.T. I have always hated the OIF limitation, especially for armor and armored suits. The limitation (-1/2) is too high for a suit that no one ever gets to take away from the character. Just a thought.

I built him with Only in Heroic (Villiany) ID for all of his characteristics and powers. He came out with 372 point total.

I kept the spirit of the Power Blast Device giving him the charges limitation for the EB and RKA.

Once again, if you don't like it, change it to fit your game.

Ya know, I probably should have mentioned this a lot earlier, but the V&V files I sent out reflect the Crushers and the Crusaders AFTER the events of the Comic book series...so that should explain why Manta-Man has a one shot Mach 1 booster for instance. :angel: