Hey kids!

starblaze

Re: Hey kids!

I don't know if this tale was ever published professionally, but it has a long hisotry at science fiction conventions. People would get together and one person would read from it until they couldn't stand to anymore, then pass it along to the next person. Sometimes they inhaled helium to add to the effect.

I get the feeling that if one of those groups were to ever FINISH the thing, the world would come to an end ala Ray Bradbury's classic story "The Seven Billion Names of God".

I get the feeling that if one of those groups were to ever FINISH the thing' date=' the world would come to an end ala Ray Bradbury's classic story "The Seven Billion Names of God".[/quote']

*AlHazred twiches, then fidgets, and finally can't control his desire to pick a nit*

That's Isaac Asimov's classic story "The Nine Billion Names of God."

*the twitches subsiding, AlHazred goes back to listening to the sound of night insects and deciphering therefrom the secrets of the Elder Gods*

*AlHazred twiches, then fidgets, and finally can't control his desire to pick a nit*

That's Isaac Asimov's classic story "The Nine Billion Names of God."

Would that be the classic Issac Asimov story "The Nine Billion Names of God." written by Arthur C. Clarke?

Cheers, Mark