Mystic Contacts

JmOz

I'm working on a Near Cosmic Powered Mystic (almost a Dr Strange level character)

Anyways I have given her 25 points in contacts, but have yet to define them, I'm looking for ideas of who she would know

The one I know she will have is her masters master

Re: Mystic Contacts

I'm working on a Near Cosmic Powered Mystic (almost a Dr Strange level character)

Anyways I have given her 25 points in contacts, but have yet to define them, I'm looking for ideas of who she would know

The one I know she will have is her masters master

With someone like her, it realy dosen't mater if the contact is alive or dead.

1) An mystical entite on the 'good' side of things. It is good to have some help when all hell literly breaks loose.

2) Presonifications of stuff which is important in the universe. Knowing Death and Dream on the first name bases should be a good thing for a mystic.

3) Creator of some of the spells the hero flings about. It is conferting to know that Wambi is always avalable when something goes wrong with it's Whammie Of Wambi spell.

4) Other Mystics. Knowing Dr. White and Dr. Black should be benificial.

5) Joe Superhero. Sometimes you acualy need Defender's help, especaly if the only way to defeat a beast who eats magic is something high tech.

6) The Prince and Princess Of Shangra-La, El Dorodo, Mu, and other mystic places on Earth. Why? Because you might need your help, and may repay the favor as some other time.

Was she in the Champions Universe, or not? If not, do you have a clear idea of the cosmology? (or maybe your Contacts will be helping to define it...)

I think steriaca covered the basics pretty well, but I'd add that you might want to have a few contacts with the bad guys. Maybe not Takofanes, but it might be useful to be able to occasinally just talk to Black Paladin or the odd Demon Lord. They're usually more than willing to rat out their rivals' plans.

Was she in the Champions Universe, or not? If not, do you have a clear idea of the cosmology? (or maybe your Contacts will be helping to define it...)

I think steriaca[/i] covered the basics pretty well, but I'd add that you might want to have a few contacts with the bad guys. Maybe not Takofanes, but it might be useful to be able to occasinally just talk to Black Paladin or the odd Demon Lord. They're usually more than willing to rat out their rivals' plans.

No it does not happen in the champs U, but I can come up with the equivelents

Well, in the CU the Archmage/Sorcerer Supreme needs to have Contacts for each of the Four Loas (to learn the Quaternion Banishment). So whatever equivalent Nigh-Ultimate Powers you've got, she should talk to.

There's persons like Skarn's daughter [whatshername] who'd be a good Contact for when you face Skarn -- or his equivalent in your campaign.

The Trismegistus Society, or equivalent group dedicated to "good" magic.

Contacts among the Vandaleurs or Sylvestris -- presumably the black sheep of the evil mystic families.

Someone's likely to have betrayed or turned his back on DEMON (or other evil mystical organization); you should know him.

Old, retired mystics from your campaign's Golden Age. I don't think there really is an equivalent to that in the CU that we know of...

If there are any street-level mystics (e.g., John Constantine), they'd be a good source of information.

Also in the CU, there's the whole Access to the "highest" dimensions. Not a Contact, but another Perk to consider.

I just looked, it is actualy only 20 points, So far I have spent 16 points on the following:

3 Well Connected

3 Philip Coreman, Occult Investigator: Contact (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has: useful Skills or resources) (4 Active Points) 11-

5 Charles, an Angel of Death: Contact (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has: very useful Skills or resources) (6 Active Points) 11-

4 Roger Smith, First of Equals in the order of Rashak, mystic: Contact (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has: useful Skills or resources) (5 Active Points) 11-

1 Oberon, Lord of the Fey: Favor (1 Active Points)

0 Gaea, Mother Earth, Embodiment of the Earth: Favor (1 Active Points)

Okay, that did not work well (Deleted the message)

The contacts are as follows

3 Well-Connected

2 Philip Coreman, Occult Investigator: Contact (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has: useful Skills or resources, Contact limited by identity) (3 Active Points) 11-

5 Charles, an Angel of Death: Contact (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has: very useful Skills or resources) (6 Active Points) 11-

3 Roger Smith, First of Equals in the order of Rashak, mystic: Contact (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has: useful Skills or resources, Contact limited by identity) (4 Active Points) 11-

2 Jane Rogers, FBI Agent (Paranormal division): Contact (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact limited by identity) (3 Active Points) 11-

1 Peter Farson, Vampire: Contact (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact limited by identity) (2 Active Points) 11-

2 Fer'shok, Demon of Hell: Contact (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has been blackmailed by the character, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has: useful Skills or resources) (3 Active Points) 11-

1 Oberon, Lord of the Fey: Favor (1 Active Points)

0 Gaea, Mother Earth, Embodiment of the Earth: Favor (1 Active Points)

1 Validor, Cosmic Entity: Favor (1 Active Points)

0 The Blessed Ones: Favor (1 Active Points)

not sure weather it woudl be best to take thsi as a contact or a dnpc or both

but an oracle/someone with prophetic visions or dreasm would be a good choice.

i guess it would be contact if you could go to them for information or who issues helpful warning

and DNPC if they only call you when they have a vision of impending DOOOOM!!!

DNPC seems an odd choice but its the closest fit for someone who is always leading the chracter into dangerous situations even if they are not always in danger them selves.

Depending on how connected this is to a standard comic universe, it might be handy to take a couple physically powerfull "standard" heroes as Contacts.

Dr. Strange has friends like Silver Surfer, the Hulk (sort of), Spiderman, and so on. When you have a magic-immune golem after you it's always handy to have someone with 70 Str on your side.