useful grabs

saffo

Re: useful grabs

Couple of ideas:

Penalty skill levels to overcome the manoeuvre modifiers to OCV and DCV.

+5 STR only useable with one handed grab (-1) to overcome the penalty for holding an opponent with one hand.

I would be inclined not to use damage shields: if you want to cause damage then either buy limited strength (no figured, only with grab manoeuvre) or buy a linked NND for choking or a linked NND Does Body for joint breaks.

The Ultimate Grab!

TK: No Range. I know the books says don't do it, but I say do it anyway! The effect is that you can immobilize all the target's limbs using only one of your own, you maintan full CV and can attack freely with other limbs.

The Crush Maneuver from UMA. +4d6 to a target you have grabbed.

Choke Holds are cool too. They are a grab maneuver, and they do NND.

Nothing wrong with a little choke hold action. It's useful, and can constitute any sort of "joint-break" or "submission hold" with the proper tweaking. My martial artist-detective uses his own mixed martial arts which draw on South American Judo and his master's own style of Kung Fu. He uses the blocks, dodges, disarms and chops from "Son" kung fu, and a choke hold with Variable SFX (+1/4) to simulate the submission moves of south american judo.