"There is no pain; you are receding...."

Black Rose

How would y'all (Herodom Assembled) produce this effect: Numbing. I want to be able to numb the skin with a touch (not all of it, just the area touched), and with repeated contact numb the muscles. Now for the muscle numbing, I plan to use an Entangle, but the skin numbing has some interesting effects I want. With a touch, I can take the pain from an injury -- not heal it, just make it not hurt.

So, to sum up:

1. remove pain with a touch
  2. remove all sensation from an "area" (probably using Hit Locations or some such)
  3. paralyse muscles (again, mostly focusing on limbs and such)

How do you think I should do it?

Re: "There is no pain; you are receding...."

You are only coming through in waves.

Your lips move but I can’t hear what you’re sayin’.

Sorry, what was the question?

1. remove pain with a touch
  2. remove all sensation from an "area" (probably using Hit Locations or some such)
  3. paralyse muscles (again, mostly focusing on limbs and such)

How do you think I should do it?

1. Heal, Stun only
  2. Damage Reduction, Stun Only, lims based on how you decide apply it (hit location, etc.). That's a potential positve effect. If you want it to be hindering, then I'd go with a DEX Drain, again maybe limiting it based on the way it effects the character.
  3. Entangle probably, but maybe with some DEX drain as well, limit to taste.

Naked power advantage: Invisble Power Effects (touch group), with Usable as attack applied to the naked advantage. I think this is against the rules, but it kind of works. This way, most blows will be completely unfelt, but really bad ones (those with too many points) still cause pain.

Aid EGO, only to resist pain (Remember, one of the times ego comes in handy is when you need to resist pain to keep going.) This is a great choice for the "just something to keep me in the game" effect.

The flash thing could work too.

1) either Aid to PD and ED, Limited (only vs. Stun), or Mental Illusions, Based On Con (-1/2), Single Effect - Hide Pain (-1)

2) either Flash vs. Touch Sense, or Images to Touch Sense, or Mental Illusions, Based On Con (-1/2), Single Effect - Hide Pain (-1)

3) depending on the area affected (limb or torso) I'd say Entangle, limited effect (only restricts movement of affected limb; -1) or Drain DEX and STR (torso)

...just a little prick then there'll be no more AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG but you may feel a little sick.

Where were we?

Oh yes. What sbarron said for the taking away pain thing. Healing stun. The very thing.

Depends what you want to do with the numbing but the stun only dam red sounds good, but would have to be UAA, which won't be cheap. Flashing touch also works reaonably well to prevent someone knowing they are being touched: it all depends on what you want to use it for: succor or some kind of sneaky attack. I think Sociotard's solutions are very inventive. A naked IPE UAA. Cool.

As for the muscle paralysis I would not use entangle because, to my mind, being strong or having an energy blast shouldn't be able to circumvent it. If you are paralysing muscles I would go for a DEX drain.

Incidentally I saw a programme at the weekend about anaesthesia. Your basic general anaesthetic has three components: a paralytic to stop you twitching during surgery, an analgaesic to stop you feeling pain and a sedative so that you sleep through it all.

This poor woman had a hernia removed and the gas mix meant that she was getting the paralytic but not hte analgaesic or the sedative: she was conscious but paralysed through a 2 hour 47 minute operation. Ouch.

Her heart rate increased whic shouold have tipped them off but they administered a beta-blocker which normalised it and just carried on. :nonp:

Don't get sick is the best advice....