My Prefabs for FH

badger3k

I finally redid my website (although I am not all that happy with the way it came out - it looked differently when building it in Rapidweaver). I put up some zip and hdp files that have some D&D & Forgotten Realms conversions, racial templates and prefabs, some spells, and some other stuff. The site is: Badger's Den. EDIT: I moved my RPG files to another site. You can link it from there, but the direct link is here. Feel free to use and abuse. Any questions on how or why I did something can be sent to me however I will get it. While hardly complete, I think the races and realms regions are fairly complete, and the bloodline abilities from Unearthed Arcana are pretty complete.

In the words of the Sirius Cybernetics Company: Share and Enjoy

Edit - Just in case anyone was unaware of it, the prefabs refer to the most excellent Hero Designer program. :)

Edit part deux: Changed the link to the welcome page (due to minor problem loading that hasn't repeated itself), and fixed one file. Added html files on everything for those without HD. Files are in File Sharing page.

Re: My Prefabs for FH

So, you'll be first against the wall when the revolution comes, eh?

Hmm, when's that new movie coming out?

Anyhow - on topic, looking forward to checking it out.

BTW - If possible (if you have PHP and MySQL), I highly recommend OpenDB for storing catalogues of books and movies - I use it to keep track of who I've lent things too. http://opendb.i-am-vegan.net/

Do you have prefabs available for those of us without Hero Designer? Because I don't see myself getting it any time soon.

For some of them, I can just select them all and publish it as an html file (as I did with the Battle Mage spells). It will take some time, as the next few weeks I'll be trying to reaquaint myself with my college education for a state proficiency test, hopefully. Maybe I'll try a few tests tonight and see how long it takes.

Cool' date=' thanks. No need to rush. Good luck on the state proficiency test.[/quote']

Thanks - Despite the fact that I have been revewing things in my head and know that I still know a lot (just need refreshing), it's been sixteen years...

I just did a couple in a few minutes, so maybe some of them won't take too long. Besides, it's relaxation.

Well, I gave in and started playing around (and kept playing with the theme of the site - for some reason it doesn't seem to show up right when I look at it (it may be Safari, but it showed up right earlier...?).

Anyway, I added a couple more files (a rolemaster list, although I only did a few spells, and some D&D spells I used in other prefabs). I also added an html file on magic items - I forgot to save the character as a prefab when I picked the non-Fantasy Grimoire items out, so I'll do that later.

I did put the races, regions, and other things into html character sheets, and zipped it all into one file, so those without HD can find some use in it. I wanted to get this out of the way now so I didn't forget about it.

I get a big Mac-styled 404 from tis file...

http://homepage.mac.com/badger3k/HeroDesigner/New Racial Templates.zip

I think the spaces in the filename are confusing the server... but I could be wrong.

Otherwise, good effort!

Actually, the file had a small "t" in templates and I capitalized it. Changed it and it works for me. Thanks.

I also changed the link at the top to go to my welcome, since I had trouble just now going to the page. It seems to be cleared up (maybe since I just reloaded the pages to the server), but figured I'd be safe and start at the beginning. I plan to add more to it, such as info on how/why I built some of what I did (you'll notice I tossed the EC rules out the window when I built the Barbarian D&D style). Anyway, the files are still in the File Sharing tab.

"hdp" is the designation for template files for the Hero Designer character creation software.

If you look toward the bottom of the file download page, you'll see that badger3k has put almost all this stuff into a .zipped archive of HTML files. I've just downloaded that myself, and look forward to reading it in the imminent future.

b3k, I've had a chance to look over your files, and I must say that this stuff is quite good quality and very useful, especially to folks with Hero Designer. :thumbup: I hope you don't mind that I've linked to your File Sharing webpage from my RPG Conversions thread - I would of course remove the links if you did.

Speaking of linkage, have you considered listing your site on the "Hero Links" section of the Hero Games website, so other FH enthusiasts could readily find it? It's actually quite easy to do: this webpage tells you how to go about it.

b3k, I've had a chance to look over your files, and I must say that this stuff is quite good quality and very useful, especially to folks with Hero Designer. :thumbup: I hope you don't mind that I've linked to your File Sharing webpage from my RPG Conversions thread - I would of course remove the links if you did.

Speaking of linkage, have you considered listing your site on the "Hero Links" section of the Hero Games website, so other FH enthusiasts could readily find it? It's actually quite easy to do: this webpage tells you how to go about it.

Thanks for the compliments. I tried to put in lot of work so that my players (coming off my D&D campaign) could fit into the system using the same game world. It also made it easy for me to make characters relatively quickly. I have to say that the templates came from Killer Shrike's generator here, to give credit where credit is due. I have no problems with you (or anyone else) linking it. I'll have to look into the Hero-thing - hadn't thought that far since I just got the site and data up. I do hope to do more sometime.

Thanks! I totally missed the archive at the bottom.

I plan on redoing the site, making there be more explanation and putting it into more order. I also intend to go through the multitude of magic I have (not sure how much I wrote, but I know that I had a few) to separate it from the FHG spells. I'll let people know when I post more stuff. I'll make sure it's in both formats, so everybody can use it.

Quick update. I moved my RPG stuff to a different location (here). I edited it into the first post. I also added some more stuff, mainly some more magic - three more semi-schools: Arcane Archery, Bardic Music, and Dragonsongs. Everything else is still where it was before, even if I can't figure out why the buttons don't show up properly.