Jack-Jack Parr

Susano

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Jack-Jack Parr

You forgot Clinging . . .

Unless he's just flying against the ceiling.

Yeah, so obviously a VPP. Personally, I thought they overdid Jack-Jack, but then they weren't originally planning on doing any more films (when they were wrapping up on this one, they thought they were going to sever all ties with Disney which would have left the Incredi-rights with them.

Hmm. I think there was something with the first omnidroid as well.

I would have to go watch now, but IIRC the first omnidroid he caught the shadow on the ground just in time. If I didn't know about the danger sense thing, I would have just chalked it up to a good PER roll, along with hearing the time bomb in the bank.

Upon retrospect, the little clues he picked up on (the slight ticking the audience hears, the shadow the audience sees, the distant sounds in the forest as the second omnidroid approaches the conference room) which were illustrated for the audience must have been intended as more subtle than when seeing the movie. Nothing wrong with that, except I would never have guessed DS was in play. (BTW, which is not critical of even using DS as the game mechanic, in fact it makes sense rather than piling on INT or a PER skill or ESes)

Speaking of the NSA files...(and back on topic)

Didn't some of Jack-Jack's powers look similar to, say, Gazerbeam's, Brimstone's, and whatshisname the density guy...

Probably a coincidence.

Law of Conservation of Super Powers. Jack Jack has to pick up the slack for all the losers baited by Syndrome.

Guest WhammeWhamme

Law of Conservation of Super Powers. Jack Jack has to pick up the slack for all the losers baited by Syndrome.

Actually, that's a very real and scary thought.

I'm not sure if this is what you meant, but you made me think of Mr. Incredible's +20 w/ thrown objects. He was a crackshot. Can anybody figure out the numbers for the transport into the two guards or small boulder at the guard in the balcony shots? They looked hard to me, but he was just like "zing!"

You guys catch him using his danger sense? I didn't pick up on it until I read the NSA file.

Exactly, but I thought it was a cocanut.

The coconut' date=' sure, but he threw that transport pod from far enough away it took about five seconds travelling at a high velocity to reach his target. That was a stupendous shot, wasn't it?[/quote']

Yeah, true! This is a good example why the 4th ed./later range modifier works better for some simulations (says the -1/3" guy).

The coconut' date=' sure, but he threw that transport pod from far enough away it took about five seconds travelling at a high velocity to reach his target. That was a stupendous shot, wasn't it?[/quote']

The pod counted as an area attack (hit both guards and the gate). So he had to hit a DCV 3 hex.

• 8 months later...

Number Two Son takes the position that the Incredables are the Fantastic Four, with superspeed substituting for flame power.

Given that, Jack-Jack would be Franklin Richards.

A psionic VPP that, given his child-like mind, is currently limited to mimicking other powers or abilities he may have witnessed whether personally or on television and/or calling on only what ability he may need in that instant.

Doesn't really qualify as a limt.

If it's TRULY uncontrolled, I'd say it would be as you'd often have something that isn't appropriate. However, the way it seems to work is that, as it's stress- and/or desire-related, he'll get a useful power each time, but not something he can predict. I'd say it's still a Lim, just a lesser one at that point.

If it's TRULY uncontrolled' date=' I'd say it would be as you'd often have something that isn't appropriate. However, the way it seems to work is that, as it's stress- and/or desire-related, he'll get a useful power each time, but not something he can predict. I'd say it's still a Lim, just a lesser one at that point.[/quote']

I don't think it's even uncontrolled. He has the Phys Limit: Baby's Mentality. His player is just following the limit and not making sophisticated power choices.