Scavenging game materials

Icel

Hello all,

I recently ordered my copy of HERO System 5ER, but until it will arrive, I am looking for materials to read. This forum have a lot of stuff, but I am searching for something more organized.

So my question is, can someone link me to websites that have HERO materials like character stats, powers buildup etc?

Thank you.

Re: Scavenging game materials

The first thing you should do is check out the Hero Links section on this website for links to various Hero System campaign material around the web. For some 4E write ups of comic book characters you can check out this: http://www.sysabend.org/champions/gnborh/ . You might also want to check out the online USPD here: http://www.herogames.com/USPD/index.htm for power-build examples.

My website, The Land of Ten Thousand Thoughts, belongs to a web ring of Hero System sites called the Circle of Heroes. Many of the sites on the ring are useful resources for campaign setting inspiration, character design and rules interpretations. Check some of them out.

One of my favorite for just character write-ups is The Great Net Book of Real Heroes. It has hero system write-ups for hundreds of characters from fiction. Most of them are from 4th edition, but there's not much difference between 4th and 5th so it should still be useful. I like to use it to look up a particular character I want to model a power or two from to see how other's have done it.

Note: My current web site is still under construction and not part of the CoH yet, but my old web community still is, though there is not much useful information there since I'm closing it down.

Could you specify what you mean by "initials?"

I don't know whether you've checked this out on the discussion board yourself yet, but if not you might find something interesting by following the link in my signature below.

By initials I mean those who are used in powers, like IIF, OAF, HKA, RKA etc. (those I mention I already know, but I ran into some others).

And I saw the list on your signature before.

By initials I mean those who are used in powers, like IIF, OAF, HKA, RKA etc. (those I mention I already know, but I ran into some others).

And I saw the list on your signature before.

Part of the problem is that a full list of these is included in the rule book, and I'm not how much of a copyright infringement it would be to produce such a list here. If you asked about a few speciific ones, we can answer them for you safely without risking reproducing too large a chunk of the rule book.

Part of the problem is that a full list of these is included in the rule book' date=' and I'm not how much of a copyright infringement it would be to produce such a list here. If you asked about a few speciific ones, we can answer them for you safely without risking reproducing too large a chunk of the rule book.[/quote']

Ok, understood. I guess I will have to wait for my copy another day or two...

Thanks.