free sony PSP gaming system

Guest winslate

Re: free sony PSP gaming system

Go peddle your crap somewhere else, dirtbag.

And while you're at it, go look in a mirror and recite my .sig line 10,000 times.

Well, I wouldn't call a PSP "crap". My roomate has one and its pretty damned nifty. I plan to get one when the price drops.

However, I like most people around here, don't like SPAM, thus a nice hearty "GO AWAY" is forthcomming...

This is probably the exact same SPAMMER as this one, who appeared this morning while I was on the boards early in the AM...

1. free ninendo DS or Nokia N-Gage system
  2. free sony playstation portable PSP game system
  3. free sony playstation portable
  4. free HP photosmart compact photo printer
  5. free canon or sony 5 megapixel camera
  6. free 2004 TurboTax premiere software

There has to be some way to stop this!!!

Maybe there needs to be a "grace period" before you can begin posting, so that there is time for the moderator(s) to investigate the potential applicant before they can post.

This would help to ensure that there is indeed an active email address attached to the account in question. Most spammers put in a "dummy account to begin their activities, so that the can get in and out quickly...and they don't have to worry about you contacting them, because the email address is bogus, and they change their IP Address immediately after their activities.

This makes it very difficult to catch spammers...but not impossible.

There has to be some way to stop this!!!

What I did over at the Bas-Lag forum to cut down on spammers, is to introduce some word filters. Many of the posts linked to the same websites. So I have the filter set to replace the domain names of the websites with rubbish (ie the word "spam"). Thus when they post their links, the links will never work.

It is a variation on the swear word filter.

It's better than looking for keywords and phrases in the message - because then spammers start misspelling and adding spaces etc for the sole purpose of getting skipped by the filters. The spammer cannot misspell a domain name in a link, as it will stop working as a link.