CV "Drain"

Guest C_Zeree

Guest C_Zeree

Ok Drain says its to be use don characteristics and powers. Change Environment should only inflict up to a -1 CV penalty, and Transform can do up to a -2 CV penalty.

Is there a more elegant way to do a CV "curse." I just want a power that makes someone really bad at HTH combat. I was thinking Negative CSL's with Usable As Attack?

Surely others must have come across this before?

Also hoping to make the curse last for some time. But, even one Negative CSL UAA Uncontrolled gets very prohibative, Active Point wise, and doesn't last the length of time I was hoping for (an hour or so).

Enjoy the eve

First off, there is no limit on Change Enviroment for CV. Each -1 costs 5 points. The book says a GM "may" limit the number of levels allowed to be purchased, not that there is a limit.

If you want to just affect CV I would take Negative Combat levels with a Continuing Charge. That would seem to do the trick as well. You could even go with 0 END Uncontrolled, with the shutoff fact being that an hour has transpired.

Re: CV "Drain"

Originally posted by C_Zeree

Ok Drain says its to be use don characteristics and powers. Change Environment should only inflict up to a -1 CV penalty, and Transform can do up to a -2 CV penalty.

Change Environment only does a -1 to CV at base level, you can buy it up for higher penalties.

I have a version of Batman with an "Out-maneuver" ability bought as three Negative Combat Skill Levels, Usable as Attack, Fully Invisible with an extra time (one turn) and "must follow attack" limits to bring down the cost. Effect is that Batman and his teammates have one turn to get in position while Batman lures the foe into the open. Everyone who can holds an action, then BOOOYAH! Dodge that, punk.

Almost forgot...If a villain can make a successful Tactics roll (if he even notices what Batman is doing) then the effect is neutralized.

Originally posted by CrosshairCollie

Solely by personal preference, I'd go with the DEX Drain, only to affect CV model. For some reason, the idea of levels-usable-as-attack just doesn't feel 'right' to me. It's also easier to make it last a while (just buy down the return rate).

Schtick is, the cost-to-return ratio tends comes out stinking. I've been ramping up to do either a Fantasy or Ninja HERO campaign after my current NeoChampion one, and preliminary investigation points toward the Change Environment route working quite well. What I've seen in the NeoChampion environment is definitely working.

Guest C_Zeree
Originally posted by Shadowpup

Negative Combat Skill Levels are listed under Combat Skill Levels.

My you are correct! And it is staring me right in the face, 5 point constant power. It even talks about curses. What other little gems that are "hidden" in this book. :)

My thanks!

Guest C_Zeree
Originally posted by Pattern Ghost

Might be in the book, but negative CSLs smell like cheese to me. Not quite lindberg, but maybe an aged munster...

Perhaps you could expatiate your opion further PG. Why do you feel a Curse of the Foibled Technique is cheese?

Imparing one's skill via, inflicting bad kharmic luck is just what I'm lookin for. This does not really fall under Drain, I really considered Change Enviro. But, I just wanted to curse one individual, and I'm not modifying the environment just the character.

Guest C_Zeree

My apologies, I had my own foible. :)

It does, but not directly. You have to go through Characteristics. DEX and then put a custom LIM to just modify the CV.

Originally posted by C_Zeree

Perhaps you could expatiate your opion further PG. Why do you feel a Curse of the Foibled Technique is cheese?

Just smells like cheese. I haven't tasted it yet. I'd have to compare it to other ways of getting the same result and see if it really is cheese. Not feeling really mathy today, though.