Is seduction all wrong?

Guyon

Re: Is seduction all wrong?

Nice Account Bartman. I like it and the reasoning very much.

OK I take it back seduction is not wrong

But after long thought,if a roll had to be made here is what I am leaning to:

The the target would set the difficulty using the higher of the two PRE or EGO (as per PRESENCE Attack rule) plus any modifies to situation or character personality (Faithfully married, etc).

Then the Seducer would make their Seduction roll, with any modifications for example very high COM.

I want to work on a chart for degree of this. For example for the seducer just makes the roll, they might get just a hint of the information they were looking for. As the victim might slip as the coy or flirtations chat ensues. But winning by a huge amount they could possibly get important info, or after a romantic interlude slip out with a key of the hero's base.

Now remember you can NOT just say BAM I am rolling for seduction. The victim have to let themselfs be put into the situation to begin with, for it even to start. What businesses does the "married" Brick have in meeting the Siren alone at a dark secluded club or hideaway? Bring a friend, meet for lunch. If you don't want a chance to be seduced use your head. It is not the roll that is now controlling the player but HIS action that brought about the chance for that roll to take place.

JUST PLAY SMART - Hey that goes for real life too! :-)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note, I'm surprised people didn't remark that Hulk actually is seductive, in his "innocent with boundless rage" sort of way. When he isn't smashing, he's often befriended by all sorts of people who intuitively trust him, knowing he's a good guy at heart. His Social Limitations confine his ability to relate otherwise, but once you get past that he tends to make friends/allies rather easily, a symptom of Seduction skill.

Just an aside...

On a side note, I'm surprised people didn't remark that Hulk actually is seductive, in his "innocent with boundless rage" sort of way. When he isn't smashing, he's often befriended by all sorts of people who intuitively trust him, knowing he's a good guy at heart. His Social Limitations confine his ability to relate otherwise, but once you get past that he tends to make friends/allies rather easily, a symptom of Seduction skill.

Just an aside...

Ah! You just feel sympathy for the bloke because of a similarity in appearence. Maybe even a distant relative? ;)

And I can guarentee you he hasn't been laid since ;)

Hmm, I don't know.

::wave of hand signalling use of Sith 'Mind tricks'.

"This is the mechanical assistance you've been looking for."

I mean, hey, the cybernetics field isn't too shabby in Star Wars.

Hmm, I don't know.

Heh. Yeah. And while his Seduction Skill may not be all that high (if it exists at all), chicks dig domineering guys.

Hmm, I don't know.

Oddly enough, I have an mp3 skit of Yoda using the force to get sexual favors. A bit crude, but funny nonetheless. PM me for a copy (18+ for mature audiences only ;) ).

Hi Heroites: I have not read all of the posts but I wanted to post a use for Seduction that a lot of folks don't consider. In my games Seduction is not only used for male vs female guiles it is used to calm people or make friends. For example, in my games a little girl who smiles and always gets her way might have Seduction. A barfly who can walk into a room and make friends really fast might also have Seduction. In fact one of the players in my Star Hero campaign bought Seduction and is using it this way. It works great. Granted the name is not great but I thought I would throw out comments on how I use it.

Hi Heroites: I have not read all of the posts but I wanted to post a use for Seduction that a lot of folks don't consider. In my games Seduction is not only used for male vs female guiles it is used to calm people or make friends. For example' date=' in my games a little girl who smiles and always gets her way might have Seduction. A barfly who can walk into a room and make friends really fast might also have Seduction. In fact one of the players in my Star Hero campaign bought Seduction and is using it this way. It works great. Granted the name is not great but I thought I would throw out comments on how I use it.[/quote']

This exactly how I see that skill being used. In a game I'm currently playing in, I play a cat. A normal ordinary housecat (well, a housecat that was once the familiar to a powerful sorceress and has a bit of residual magic). He has the Seduction Skill to look cute at people so they'll pet him, play with him and feed him (he also has Destitute as a Disad). I think there is an option for a cat in the Bestiary for this as well.