Champions GM Screen

levi

That's a champions question, but it's also a "company question", so you might want to try it in there, to get Steve's attention, since he's "tha man".

I have to say this is kinda cool too, if you have extra money floating around:

Master Screen

It's basically a hard vinyl 4-panel screen with clear plastic over the surface so that you can slip whatever pages you want down through the plastic, essentially manufacturing any screen you want.

I was using one as a player in Vampire, printing up all of the useful tables, and inserting my characters into the other slots, and writing on the surface in water soluble marker to track damage, blood loss, etc.

It's gonna be very useful in my champions game, printing out whatever tables I want and inserting them.

ALSO... I saw a Champions Accessory Pack (with the Screen in it) at a local Wizards of the Coast store. And most Wizards stores are currently liquidating all of the RPG stuff that is not their own! So it was like 40% off. I already had one, so I didn't bother. But I thought I'd suggest you do dig through your local Wiz store, if you have one around. It's a fairly generic looking package, white with no cover art.

Finding a Resource Kit

If you don't mind ordering online, here are three reputable retailers who currently have copies of the Resource Kit:

http://www.cyberdungeon.com (easiest to do a word search);

http://www.dragonstrove.com (in their "Super-Hero Related Games" catalogue under "Hero Games");

http://www.sentrybox.com (in "Roleplaying Games" under "H").

Originally posted by Blue

That's a champions question, but it's also a "company question", so you might want to try it in there, to get Steve's attention, since he's "tha man".

I have to say this is kinda cool too, if you have extra money floating around:

Master Screen

It's basically a hard vinyl 4-panel screen with clear plastic over the surface so that you can slip whatever pages you want down through the plastic, essentially manufacturing any screen you want.

I was using one as a player in Vampire, printing up all of the useful tables, and inserting my characters into the other slots, and writing on the surface in water soluble marker to track damage, blood loss, etc.

It's gonna be very useful in my champions game, printing out whatever tables I want and inserting them.

Sounds cool, but no picture. how big is it, how durable, and how stand-uppy is it?

On a completely unrelated note, perhaps the best DMs screen Ive seen overall would be the cool one put out by Kenzer and Company for IIRC Hackmaster or d20. Ive never used it, but one of my players, Dr. Lucky, has it and it looks pretty sweet in theory.

Originally posted by Sketchpad

The problem with Master Screen is the price tag ... $25 for a blank GM screen?! That's kinda steep IMHO ... I'd find the Hero Resource Kit, get some nifty stuff and support our favorite game :)

Are you kidding me? I got it the day it came out, natch.

But a customizable GMs screen could be very very handy if its quality merchandise.

Thanks for the idea, John. I'll have to try making one myself.

I can't stand the resource kit's screen. It's ugly as hell.

As far as the high price of $25, it does say that it's hard plastic (instead of cheap cardboard like most screens) and if you play lots of different games, think of the money you can save by not buying new screens all the time.

The biggest benefit that I can think of is the ability to change the art to suit your game. I've got a lot of "inspirational art" printed out for the Changeling: The Dreaming game that I run that I would love to have on a GM screen.