Fire and the power to combust....

Ghost Face

Re: Fire and the power to combust....

Here is an interesting way that might just work. Since the character is trying to change objects into something that will combust, try the transform power with AE advantage. The items will heal back to thier normal form either one of two ways (or you could create another method). Either they would heal back at a predetermined rate (or the REC if living) or the target(s) will need to be hit by the transform again, or a similar power. If you desire the transform to only hit one target, then remove the AE advantage only use the normal transform power.

Our last Resident Pyrotech "Crucible" had some sort of combustion/ Immolation attack that I believe was a RKA w/ the Continuous, 0 END, and Persistent advantages. Even knocking him out wouldn't stop the burning - only things that worked were his Fire Suppression abilities or the usual - Water, CO2 Extinguishers, etc.

I have a character who is a cop that goes by the moniker "The Heat"

His powers looked something like this:

2d6 HKA Energy (Fire)

- Damage Shield (+1/2)

- Sticky (+1/2)

Limitations:

- Activation 14- (-1/2)

- Side Effect: 2d6 Energy Killing Attack Explosion/Sticky - Character receives no defenses – All non living objects within 1†of character take damage and burst into flame/clothing included) Area of Effect 1†(-1)

- Side Effect: Character takes 1d6 NND Stun/Phase as he burns and is forced to breathe his heat and smoke (choke) (-1)

- Lim: No personal immunity (-1)… Ouch!!!

3d6 RKA Energy (Heat/Fire)

- Indirect (originates at character) (away from character) (+1/2)

- Invisible to normal sight (+1/4) (only until ignition, then flame on target is visible)

- Continuous (+1)

- 0 END (+1/2)

- Persistent (+1/2)

- Sticky (+1/2)

Limitations:

- Concentration (0 DCV) (-1/2)

- Extra Time (Xtra Phase) (-3/4)

- Range Limitation (1/2 range) (-1/4)

Change Environment: Hot (120 degrees) + Fire Light 4†radius

- Linked to Damage Shield (-1/2)

Damage Resistance: Energy(20) Physical (10)

- Linked to Damage Shield (-1/2)

Our last Resident Pyrotech "Crucible" had some sort of combustion/ Immolation attack that I believe was a RKA w/ the Continuous' date=' 0 END, and Persistent advantages. Even knocking him out wouldn't stop the burning - only things that worked were his Fire Suppression abilities or the usual - Water, CO2 Extinguishers, etc.[/quote']

I would do the same thing.... although I might add a time limit as the fuel for the fire can burn of before totally destroying something.

I would do the same thing.... although I might add a time limit as the fuel for the fire can burn of before totally destroying something.

Perhaps a more straightforward way to get the same result would be to use the Advantages, Continuous and Uncontrolled. No need for Persistant, and once the END/Charges you feed into the attack run out, the fire dies down.

Another option would be to simply go with the Special Effects of the situation. If the substance to which the character's fire is applied would logically combust, then it does. Less flammable materials might not. Unlike building the Power with "flammability" Advantages so that everything attacked with it burns, whether that would be realistic or not, the Special Effect approach would be situational.