MERIQUAI FALLS -- What Do *You* Want To See?

Crimson-Hawk

Originally posted by death tribble

If Lord Liaden wants to start a seperate thread about Voice in 5e, I will lend my support.

But I am pleased that the Organised Crime idea is being supported and bashed out.

The vote of support is much appreciated, d.t. I've thought about it on several occasions, but always hesitated because of concerns over posting copyrighted characters and concepts on a public forum. Without being able to discuss those in detail, there wouldn't be much point to the exercise.

Maybe I should e-mail Steve Long privately on the matter; if Hero Games still has the rights to VOICE, but doesn't intend to use them, I might start something.

For what Crimson-Hawk wants to do in Meriquai Falls, though, I have to agree that the route he's considering is better than redoing VOICE.

I've always ran the mafia in a lower profile. Basically they're out classed and know it. Sure they have a few super power guys be very few. If you give them to many their just yet another viper/demon etc.

If you run the mentality write they will concider all the other groups as rivials and their will be constant wars between the mob and Viper, Demon, Vioce, whoever. They just always seemed to work better as the quit and over looked group.

They stick to what they do best. Running the rackets, extorsion and such. They leave the rest to the villain groups. After all why the police, PRIMUS, UNTIL and the superheros are busy with Viper the mob is free to do as the please :)

Agreed, Tiger;

And that's exactly where the Mafia would find themselves in MF... caught between the Imperions, Night Sparrow's gangs, the Night Shadow ninja clan, and the thirty-some superpowered villains running around. And no way to compete in their arena.

So the Mafia will be creating an arena of their own!

Since the new Mafia Don would be the only super in the Family (since he's got a McGuffin to make him so in the first place plus it ensures his place in power), the Mafia is being ran by Competent Normals on average, Heroic level characters at best, with no Super-Agent style minions, this new Don would have to be cunning, covert, and sly.

Which still fits neatly into the plotline I originally planned for the sample adventure in the book anyway! ;)