Selling your Hero Systems V4?

Guyon

Re: Selling your Hero Systems V4?

Anyone upgrading to V5 and want to sell you Hero Systems V4 rules?

Hmm... Think I'll hold onto the core rulebook, as well as the ones that haven't been re-released yet, like Cyber & Horror. But I could possibly be persuaded into parting with the Bestiary, Star Hero, maybe Fantasy Hero. PM me if interested.

You can have my 3rd edition Fantasy Hero when you pry it from Charlton Heston's cold, dead fingers. :)

bigdamnhero

"These aren't the droids you're looking for."

I've got a Champions 4th, the big blue softcover with Seeker fighting on the cover. Contains HERO system rulesbook section, then the Campions sourcebook contents, then a "campaign book" section with Champs characters & scenarios. It's in good shape, the binding held up well. $5 plus postage if you're interested.

@bigdamnhero - Is Fantasy Hero compatible with Hero Systems V4?

How much for Bestiary, & Fantasy Hero each?

@transmetahuman - Is your Champions 4th, the same as Hero Systems V4? I thought the Champions was an older system.

I need Hero Systems V4, because we are letting in 1 new player, possibly 2 and we all have Hero Systems V4.

PM me or email me. I replay to all, so if you don't get an answer if didn't go through.

Yes, Champs 4th is the same as HERO 4th. Bascially it has two extra sections, a bunch of superhero writeups and a section on the world. The rules section is the same.

And for my uses of my 4th... well you can pry my "outdated" HERO stuff from my cold dead fingers - I have stuff all the way back to first ed. :eg:

Here is the URL for the Amazon Z-ship listing- looks like 5 to 7 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/offer-listing/1558060944/ref=dp_olp_2//104-9355986-3655917?condition=all

Good luck.

My big question is Champions v4 VS Hero Systems V4.

You guys say they are the same plus Champions has extra things in it. Which is OK But in the description on the Products page it say Champions are only guide lines and you also need Hero Systems to play. Which is it? Thanks!

They are exactly the same. The "Champions Sourcebook" is part of the Champions V4 book. It was pulled out to make the Hero V4 rulebook.

The Champions sourcebook currently sold is not the same as the Champions V4 book.

So, both V4 rulebooks have all the same rules. The Champions version just has guidelines for running supers as well. Either will work for what you need.

• 2 weeks later...

After all the work I went through creating my collection!?! Are you nuts. Everything still works or can be tweaked easily. I discovered Hero System late and thought of it as a Superhero RPG before anything else. With 5th Edition I have no illusions. It's great for everything.

Cheers

QM

I have the following available if you or anyone wants.

Hero System 4th, with a couple free extras thrown in.

Cyber Hero with a freebie.

Horror Hero with a freebie.

PM or severian1@earthlink.net

Freebies/extras are surprises so don't ask. Just clearin' space on my bookshelf, I may have Ninja Hero hiding somewhere (no surprise pun there) but need to hunt for it.