Solara's flight speed

Mark Rand

When I decided on Solara's rapid travel speed, I forgot how fast she's going. It's 6" megascale (1"=1 kilometer). Since her speed's 4, she does six kilometers, or 3.75 miles, in 3 seconds. That's 2 kilometers, or 1.25 miles, per second. Calculating her speed furthur, we get 120 kilometers, or 75 miles, per minute. Folks, that's Mach 6!

She goes desolid to avoid running into trees, buildings, utility cables, and such, as well as prevent windburn. Does this also keep a sonic boom from forming?

Your comments are urgently sought.

Re: Solara's flight speed

She goes desolid to avoid running into trees, buildings, utility cables, and such, as well as prevent windburn. Does this also keep a sonic boom from forming?

Your comments are urgently sought.

Only if you want her flight to leave no 'sonic boom'. This does not mean that her flight is quiet, thoe. To quell the sound completly, buy her flight with Invisable Special Effects (Sound).

Just for the heck of it, I grabbed my calculator and figured out Solara's combat speed, 16", x2 NCM. The combat speed comes out to 38.412 kph or 23.64 mph in combat. Out of combat, she travels at 76.82 kph or 47.27 mph.

Why not buy NCM multiple rather than mega scale?

Mega scale is the slipery slope to realy stupid characters. ( just one moe +1/4 x 10 speed mach 1000 ) But hey im biased.

And if your desolid by definition you cant affect the physical world. even as a dis ad

Mega scale is the slipery slope to realy stupid characters. ( just one moe +1/4 x 10 speed mach 1000 ) But hey im biased.

And if your desolid by definition you cant affect the physical world. even as a dis ad

That is why it has a stop sign;) A while back I used it to create a gate that the characters had access to from Omaha to Tokyo and it worked beutifully. But for some other builds it can quite abusive.

Solara's flying abilities are taken, intact and with permission, from Snake Gandhi's character Amy Amazing. All I did was add the desolid.

Solara's flying abilities are taken' date=' intact and with permission, from Snake Gandhi's character Amy Amazing. All I did was add the desolid.[/quote']And I used it simply because it's the easiest way to have that "fly fast enough to circle the earth in moments" effect.

By the rules, she only ever creates a sonic boom if the GM wants her to create a sonic boom. Champions campaigns are usually about the Reality of comic, where the Flash can run faster than light without causing a breeze, unless he wants to.

Being Desolid is as good an in-game excuse to avoid a sonic boom as anything else.

By the rules, she only ever creates a sonic boom if the GM wants her to create a sonic boom. Champions campaigns are usually about the Reality of comic, where the Flash can run faster than light without causing a breeze, unless he wants to.

Being Desolid is as good an in-game excuse to avoid a sonic boom as anything else.

Thanks for the information. I assume that Solara can, if she wanted to, slow her megascale flight speed down quite a bit if she's just traveling a long distance in the city instead of across the country.

Thanks for the information. I assume that Solara can' date=' if she wanted to, slow her megascale flight speed down quite a bit if she's just traveling a long distance in the city instead of across the country.[/quote']

The revised megascale rules state that she must travel a minimum of 1", whatever 1" means for her Megascale. In her case, by what you've posted, she can't travel slower than 1km per phase, or about (if she drops her speed to 2) 600 KM per hour. I'd probably put the megascale flight in a MP with something slower for tooling around town. :)

The revised megascale rules state that she must travel a minimum of 1"' date=' whatever 1" means for her Megascale. In her case, by what you've posted, she can't travel slower than 1km per phase, or about (if she drops her speed to 2) 600 KM per hour. I'd probably put the megascale flight in a MP with something slower for tooling around town. :)[/quote']

It is already in a multipower, along with +20" of running and her Combat Manauvering, 16" of flight, which I already calculated out in a previous posting.

Come to think of it, since she's a magical girl, she has a magic vpp. How's this, teleport, range limited to 10 miles, must be able to visualize landing site?

It is already in a multipower, along with +20" of running and her Combat Manauvering, 16" of flight, which I already calculated out in a previous posting.

Come to think of it, since she's a magical girl, she has a magic vpp. How's this, teleport, range limited to 10 miles, must be able to visualize landing site?

By the book, must visualize landing site in't much of a limit. She already needs to be able to see the spot to teleport there; if she can't see it, she needs Safe Blind Teleport to avoid risk of injury, and she needs to make a To Hit roll with range mods to make the jump. Desolid mega-flight is a much better deal.

Just for the heck of it' date=' I grabbed my calculator and figured out Solara's combat speed, 16", x2 NCM. The combat speed comes out to 38.412 kph or 23.64 mph in combat. Out of combat, she travels at 76.82 kph or 47.27 mph.[/quote']

Sorry tangent, but this is why I truly, truly think that HERO's movement rates are too darned slow. I want to see normal, non speedsters reach 300mph in combat speed and the speedsters doing Mach 3 Move throughs!

Hawksmoor

The reasons its so slow is to keep it on a map

go figure (literally)

Champions charcters actually doing whats in the comics as far as movemet is concered is taboo. What i mean by that is its impossible to even get close to the movement and KB that hapens in the genre

Champions charcters actually doing whats in the comics as far as movemet is concered is taboo. What i mean by that is its impossible to even get close to the movement and KB that hapens in the genre

Maybe at 60 active points.

Try expanding to 125 and see what happens in combats.