Help and ideas with Spider-Man Homage

humantorch101

Reading the Black Canary Homage thread has got my juices going. I would love to run a super hero universe where the the characters are recognisable and clear homages to mainstream DC/Marvel characters as my players have always enjoyed the recognition of such icons, but I as the GM get rid of the problem of "but the Hulk should be stronger than that, blah, blah, blah"

So, starting with Spider-Man who can give me some ideas and inspiration for a homage to him keeping the following in mind.

I want the essance of the character to be there which in my mind is troubled teen, with a power set that reflects his comic book style. Weird, fast, acrobatic, some super science, always wins through.

Now im not wedded to a direct homage with spider powers as such but I want him to have the same role in my campaign ie superstar teen hero with problems but bright flashy and very four colour.

Names always help me a lot so pls include names if you have any ideas.

I will post the character in a seperate thread once all inspiration is in lol.

thks

Torch

Re: Help and ideas with Spider-Man Homage

he obviously got his powers through an accident; the nature of the accident could help with the name even. He should take a bold, decisive personality and name, something impressive (?) but doesn't take himself too seriously.

Perhaps Allstar, or something similar, he wears a blue costume with a gold or silver star on his chest.

This is my Spider-Man homage character. You can totally use it, if you want. :)

Squid-Kid:

• Wears an alien symbiote suit, that's white with black effects. (Booties, gloves, belt, eyes, squid-shaped chest symbol.) White fin on his head.

• Four Whip-like tentacles come out of his back, which he can retract.

• Shoots ink out of his inner fore-arms.

• Has a strange "Spatial-Awareness" sense.

• Can change colors, to blend into surroundings.

It's too late for me to think up a entire idea, but don't forget Danger Sense: Out of Combat, entire City. (Though, if you think about it, that should be going off constantly, unless its DS for just him, but I don't recall* it being so.)

*From over 10 years ago, roughly, when I stopped reading comics.

Besides any skills inherent to his background (science nerd, high-school jock, etc.), any other skills would probably be relaqted to the nature of his powers, ie Spider Man gained skills like acrobatics, breakfall and defense maneuver through his radioactive spider bite, rather than formal training or expertise.