Liefeld's Titans

hooligan x

Re: Liefeld's Titans

The Big Two always seem to have a few books horrendously behind schedule, for the past several years. Maybe "get the whole mini in the can before you even SOLICIT it when certain creators are involved" would be a good rule for them to adopt.

Yeah. Kurt Busiek, who knows he has delays due to his health problems has started to not even solicity any Astro City until at least 2 issues are in the can, and the script for the 4th is mostly done.

But in his case, the wait is worth it.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like a number of different artists' styles. I can also decide what I think is good art' date=' of a different style, and what is crap. Liefeld's art is crap, not stylistic.[/quote']

And if Lielfeld stuff were just anatomical impossibilities, I might think stylistic choice, but when his characters' costumes are not consistent across two panels on the same Freaking Page that proves that it is just crap.

Regardless if you love/hate a guys style' date=' really doesn't give you the right to trash the guy. Honestly how many of you trashing Rob, can say you draw better?[/quote']

I'm not sure that being able to match another person's skill at something is the requirement for providing a critique of his/her work. If that were the case, we shouldn't be able discuss the merits of movies, since we're not as accomplished as the actors, directors, producers, craft services crew, etc. The same is true for music, art, literature, fine dining, sports, architecture, the list goes on and on.

My complaint was that, as a long time fan of the Teen Titans, I found his protrayal of some of the characters to be off. Maybe even wrong. I've got a whole pile of comic books that say "Teen Titans" on the cover and as a longtime fan, I think I can voice an opinion when Robin suddenly becomes a brick, Cyborg becomes a wall, and Raven ages twenty years from the previous issue. I think I have every right to speak up when I see something that doesn't fit the characters that I've been following for almost twenty years.

Robb

OK, I know that people get kinda obsessed with their opinion of artist for comic books. I can deal with that. Just like I can deal with various artists styles.

Regardless if you love/hate a guys style, really doesn't give you the right to trash the guy. Honestly how many of you trashing Rob, can say you draw better?

Not ragging on anyone or trying to be a fanboy, but give the man credit where its due. He makes a living drawing comics, someone thinks he is good.

-Bluefire

"I'm getting to old for this...."

are you kidding? They hire him BECAUSE we hate him. They know we'll buy it so we can point to the art and go "Look at that! It's Crap!" and forget we paid 4$ a pop for it. :D

are you kidding? They hire him BECAUSE we hate him. They know we'll buy it so we can point to the art and go "Look at that! It's Crap!" and forget we paid 4$ a pop for it. :D

You are wise indeed.

I think they are counting on the "Howard Stern Effect".

You know, where people who hate him listen twice as much as people who like him.

Liefeld can probably claim, correctly, to be the "most talked about artist in comics".

If we just ignore him, he will go away.

KA.