Help me stat up a very complicated weapon

MadCow

Ok, this is a tough one...

it's really, really complicated...

get ready for it...

inspired by a thread from err... another forum, I'd like to see stats for... a Throwing Cat!

Now let me start with the SFX:

1) Two methods of throwing: (i) normal throw, and (ii) tail throw

Normal throw effects: Shorter range, clings to target, does cumulative NND damage per phase unless target makes a STR roll to remove said Cat

Tail throw effects: Longer range (since cat is thrown like a sling or bola), does normal damage (2d6 base?) on impact, clings to target and does cumulative NND damage per phase unless target makes a STR roll to remove said Cat

Additional rules:

(i) If target blocks or uses a power meant to "block" or "deflect" the cat with an appendage, no damage is done but the Cat will still cling and do NND damage. The cat cannot be bounced or deflected onto another target.

(ii) If hit locations are used and the Cat hits the head, it automatically does Flash damage to Sight Group. What's a good value.... 4d6?

So err... anyone up to the challenge? :D

Re: Help me stat up a very complicated weapon

I'd like to see stats for... a Throwing Cat!

You are sick.

Anyways...

Normal Throw:

Energy Blast Xd6, Continuous, NND (Resistant PD), 0 END, Uncontrolled (turns off when target makes a STR roll) Reduced Range (4") (This assumes you have an infinate number of cats which mysteriously vanish or run off when they miss or are flung away. If you only have so many cats, replace Uncontrolled with Continuing Recoverable Charges lasting 1 Turn.)

Tail Throw:

As above, replacing Reduced Range with Ranged Based On STR (same value), and add Energy Blast Xd6 0 END, Ranged Based On STR (charges optional), Linked to Thrown Cat. (This represents the solid impact of the cat, with the previous power doing what it does best.)

Additional Rules:

To represent that it cannot be missile deflected, make it AE: One Hex (Accurate).

Hit's the head: Flash Sight Group 4d6 blah blah (matching Modifiers) Linked to EB, Activation 5- (same as 8-, since there is no 5-).

I assume there'd have to be two versions. One for regular targets, and one with extra "boomerang protection" for throwing at targets that are in water.

The cats I know get Very Adhesive around any body of water larger than their water dish.

Considering one of the major supers in my world is Screech the Cat, a large sentient cat from India (no, he doesn't speak, but he does telepath, albeit not really always in a way coherent to humans, he is, after all, actually and truly a cat, though many in the world believe otherwise), these are good ideas. :thumbup:

Considering one of the major supers in my world is Screech the Cat' date=' a large sentient cat from India (no, he doesn't speak, but he does telepath, albeit not really always in a way coherent to humans, he is, after all, actually and truly a cat, though many in the world believe otherwise), these are good ideas. :thumbup:[/quote']

So his power is to persuade cats to be used as throwing weapons (like the beaver-chucks in Kung Pow :D)?

Considering one of the major supers in my world is Screech the Cat' date=' a large sentient cat from India (no, he doesn't speak, but he does telepath, albeit not really always in a way coherent to humans, he is, after all, actually and truly a cat, though many in the world believe otherwise), these are good ideas. :thumbup:[/quote']

And here I thought that was a unique idea... :rolleyes:

Mine is named Neovest and comes from Russia.

PS - BTW, Dust Raven, just because now I'm curious, how far back does yours go, just roughly? Mine goes back to my prior campaign, I can't recall if I came up with the idea before the campaign or not but I used Screech first as a background character and eventually to interact with one of the PCs roughly around '90-'93. I'm just wondering if we had our cats going at the same time. Screech is also in the current campaign world although the PCs haven't encountered him yet. (Is Neovest male or female?)

PS - BTW' date=' Dust Raven, just because now I'm curious, how far back does yours go, just roughly? Mine goes back to my prior campaign, I can't recall if I came up with the idea before the campaign or not but I used Screech first as a background character and eventually to interact with one of the PCs roughly around '90-'93. I'm just wondering if we had our cats going at the same time. Screech is also in the current campaign world although the PCs haven't encountered him yet. (Is Neovest male or female?)[/quote']

Neovest is a male siberian tom cat. I had the concept for years (not as far back as '93 though), but only recently got to play him. He's an ex-familiar, which is how he gained his sentience (and superpowers). We could exchange character sheets if you'd like.