Blazing six guns!

pinecone

Reading the thread about cowboys got me thinking about the only "cowboy" character I ever played Trickshot, and I thought I'd try to recreate him yea these many years after...This is my main power, is it emough for a cowboy super?, and more importantly am I missing something major. I plan on having some basic MA of some sort (probibly Hapkido) and this...

Blazing six guns Multi (60) OIF weapons of opurtunity

Trick shot: u RKA 2D6 Indirect +1/2,Autofire x3 +1/4, +1 stun +1/4

Unerring aim: u RKA 2D6 AE:1 hex accurate, Auto x 3, +1 stun (totals +1)

Long shot: u RKA 2D6 No range mods, Auto x3, +1 stun (totals +1)

Precise aim: u RKA 2D6 AP, Auto x3, +1 stun (totals +1)

The six guns are just special effect and the ammo is in "clips" of 12

so Clips (12x) x8 +1/4 to cost of Multi...I'm going to consider this two modified Ruger blackhawks in .44 mag...

Re: Blazing six guns!

The cowboy thread got me thinking of making my own modern cowboy superhero.:)

My plan was to simple buy him 2 RKA's and cover most of the tricks with Ranged Martial Arts, sweeps, etc. the only thing that I'm hung up on is reloading. I don't want to give him Charges, as IMO as superhero gunslinger should run out of ammo, but I would like to make it to where he does have to reload every 6 shots, but I'm not sure how to model that.

My plan was to simple buy him 2 RKA's and cover most of the tricks with Ranged Martial Arts, sweeps, etc. the only thing that I'm hung up on is reloading. I don't want to give him Charges, as IMO as superhero gunslinger should run out of ammo, but I would like to make it to where he does have to reload every 6 shots, but I'm not sure how to model that.

My advise, don't worry about it.

The character reloads when dramaticaly appropriate. So take however many charges you wish, purchase them down to 0 End, or take Burnout at -8 (the SFX being you finally run dry).

Would suck to run dry imediately though.

Movie cowboys never run out of bullets unless it's dramatically appropriate. So you might consider a version of "Uncontrollable". I'm sure the GM would play along.

Once I considered making a sort of "movie" version of hero. The idea being all the effects would be tweaked to take advantage of movie stereotypes.

In the case of the "unending supply of bullets", I actually thought the characters would have a cheap 2/1 skill called "Ammo". As long as they made the skill roll they had bullets. On a turn where they failed he skill they had to reload. Two failures in a row meant they were out of bullets.

Actually, I’d just drop the ‘Hex Accurate’ slot completely, but that’s cause I don’t like the advantage.

Instead, I’d take:

(60)‘Multiple Targets!’ 2d6 HKA, AOE, 1 Hex Doubled, Selective (+1)

In fact, I’d probably buy the whole thing as a 4 way ‘Variable Advantage’ on the killing attack, and then buy some cheapo skill levels with lockout, so you can be super accurate, OR AP/AOE/Autofire/Whatever.

A bit more expensive that way, but that’s always the way when you don’t use multipowers . . .

---

Actually, I’m not a huge fan of ‘Autofire 3’ as a +1/4 advantage, either.

Well...there no acounting for peoples taste...:) The one hex accurate slot is so that if he needs to shoot the Flash he can....otherwise pesky high dex MA types are just too hard to deal with.( and he can target ridiculasly small items and never miss)...I'm also going to buy a ranged MA. Def shot, Ranged trip, and Ranged Disarm. I'm going with Hapkido for the HTH action so he can be just like Billy Jack! ;) I hope to get him written up tonight and post him soon. Thanx for the feedback and don't hesitate to suggest stuf.....

I know what the advantage does . . . I just think it’s immoral. :)

The proper way, in my mind, the way to handle ‘super accuracy’ is to make the character super accurate . . . that is, to buy skill levels to make the attack more accurate. Not to use an advantage to bypass the ‘hitting’ part of the system.

I understand it’s a perfectly valid part of the game as written, and I’m not saying it’s unbalanced. I just don’t like it from a philosophical standpoint.

---

“Raider is hit in the groin for 216 points of damage, bypassing his defenses.â€

Is this a standard superhero game? You're going to have a lot of dead agents on your hands with only killing attacks.

Maybe a normal EB as a MP slot, defined as "glancing shot" or somesuch?

Frontier justice is rough justice...:) In my experiance agents come in two flavers; squishies and crunchies...squishies have few defenses, for those I go Billy jack on their a**(s) Crunchies have armor and /or force feilds those varmits get hot lead!

I know what the advantage does . . . I just think it’s immoral. :)

The proper way, in my mind, the way to handle ‘super accuracy’ is to make the character super accurate . . . that is, to buy skill levels to make the attack more accurate. Not to use an advantage to bypass the ‘hitting’ part of the system.

I understand it’s a perfectly valid part of the game as written, and I’m not saying it’s unbalanced. I just don’t like it from a philosophical standpoint.

---

“Raider is hit in the groin for 216 points of damage, bypassing his defenses.â€

If I remember right the original Trick shot was Dex 20 with +10 with pistols (30 points) Does all 1 hex accurate does and more...and makes people just as sick to see it...:)

"I'm gonna take this right foot' date=' and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face. And you wanna know somethin? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it."[/quote']

Snif...snif..they just don't make 'em like the classics of yesteryear....Billy Jack...the Original kickboxing cowboy!

You can always go with "Requires a reload action as needed" as a generic lim...sort of trat it as a "Extra time to start up" lim....first thing in the morning you load your pistol....now you're good for 6 shots, after that you need to expend a action or half action to "Reload" then you're good for 6 more....

Ok I'm almost home...short background...natural athelete, made enough money in the pro rodeo circuit to buy a large prosperous ranch. Valueable minerals to be found there...duchess industrys trys to move in and force him off his ranch...they go after all his neighbors as well...to protect himself and others he takes to wearing a mask. He is part indian, and in the grand tradition of comic books his tribe is never named, but does provide him with a reason to interact with vaious mystical thingabobs. He soon prove to have Legendary speed, reflexes and strength...partially from a poorly discribed "totem power" the old strength of the bear, swiftness of the wolf thing...after winning the good fight new adventures keep cropping up....he is now Cheyenne's most beloved cowboy super...:)

The stat block... He's got legendary stats...sort of like a cowboy Bats...

STR 25

Dex 26

Con 25

Bod 15

Int 15

Ego 15

Pre 15

Coml 14

PD 10

Ed 10

Spd 6

Rec 10

End 50

Stun 41

Not much to add here...the basic "godlike normal" you get with a martial artist...Total cost 159 points...

The power block...not much new here...

Blazing sixguns! Multi(60) OIF: weapons of oper.

Trickshot u RKA 2D6, Indirect +1/2, Autofire x3, +1 stun mod

Unerring aim u RKA 2D6 AE 1 hex accurate, +2 stun mod

Long shot u RKA 2D6 , NRM, Autox3, +1 stun mod

Precise shot(s) u RKA 2D6 AP, Auto x3, +1 stum mod (this realy the power that lets him run with the big dogs...slot 1 is really cool...this slot is brutally effective....)

Reloads "clips" (12x) x 8 +1/4 advantage (two six guns = 12 shots, 8 reloads for each pistol..)

Hero's fortune Combat luck (+3D)

Fast hands +4 DX lightning reflexes

Fast feet +3" running, jumping and swimming

Costume Armor +4D Hardened OIF

Lots of room here for Exp to be spent.... Total cost 102 points

THe skill set...

Hapkido (24 points of moves)

+2 DC

Traveler

Scholar

Perq. Wealthy

Perq. Official super

Riding

Animal handler

WF: Lasso

PS: Ranching

TF: Rotor craft (most big ranchers consider a helicopter to be the best big ticket item you can get in hock buying...)

Mechanics (tractors, pickups, helicopters, it don't make no nevermind...)

Survival Desert add mountan

Stealth

tracking

KS: Ropework knots etc...

Tactics

Teamwork

+2 with Blazing sixguns

CK: Cheyenne

AK: Wyoming

AK:Western USA

AK: Arizona

AK: Montana

AK: California

LOts of room for EXp...Total cost 89 points

Wait---

I've got one more comment:

"Weapons of opportunity?" He can RKA 2d6 Indirect +1/2 Autofire x3 +1 Stun Mod with a rock?

Okay, it's a small point, but the more specific the Limitation, the higher the bonus. Conversly, the less specific the Limitation, the lower the bonus.

In my own campaigns, 'weapons of opportunity' left undefined are grudged pretty hard.....

but that's me, of course.

RE: Hapkido...you poor person...clearly you don't know the tao of Billy jack ...:)

I don't see why a cowboy can't know any martial art if he lives in the modern world...the weapons of opertunity is any that meet the special effects...a .22 pistol, a shotgun, a carbine or rifle, or even a bow and arrows...I don't think a rock would qualify, but I'd expect that even armed with a sling he could pull off a trickshot...though he'd likely not be able to autofire.....the semantics of description is really just a "style" thing...as long as both I and the GM share a vision of what the lim or power IS, it dosen't matter much to me what to call it..:)

I just ran a 450-point immortal cowboy last night. Maverick is... Well, picture a cross between Ghost Rider and the Vigilante. Instead of a spirit of vengence, Mav has an atonement theme. He's making up for a heinous act of cowardice that resulted in the massacre of some Native Americans back in the early 1900s. His "spectral sixguns" are in a 90-point multipower that includes a 2d6 RKA-Double Penetrating, 6d6 Ego Attack-Affects Desolidified, 24d6 Dispel v. one magic power at a time, and a 30d6 Dispel v. Summoning. The Ego Attack and Dispels can be missile deflected.

I did not come up with the powers, but it has been fun using them. Last night he rapid-fired three ego-attack Eerie Electrum Bullets into an already-hammered Gargantua and wholloped the snot out of him! The eeries have the Visible limitation, and the special effect is that it looks to the target that he really was shot. (Later in the battle Slick was targeted, but didn't go down. He *was* freaked out, though!)

Cat