Valdorian Sorcerer Tasks Thread

Super Squirrel

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Valdorian Sorcerer Tasks Thread

Both, actually. The play is pretty roundly considered Shakespeare's worst, most awful play. It is also considered by many to be the most fun. Done correctly (as in Titus), it is a horrific, wonderful act of blackest comedy. Done poorly, it's an Elizabethan slasher flick.

Keith "Go rent it" Curtis

OK, here's an easy but potentially debilitating one:

"Go into the first tavern you pass after nightfall. Buy a beer and spill it on the first man you see on entering."

As a GM, this sorcery system is great. It makes it hyper-easy to introduce NPCs to characters. As in: "Hey, isn't that the guy who spilled beer on you a couple of days ago?"

cheers, Mark

OK, here's an easy but potentially debilitating one:

"Go into the first tavern you pass after nightfall. Buy a beer and spill it on the first man you see on entering."

As a GM, this sorcery system is great. It makes it hyper-easy to introduce NPCs to characters. As in: "Hey, isn't that the guy who spilled beer on you a couple of days ago?"

cheers, Mark

Added.

Find a tavern with the most angry, nasty-ist looking patrons, then in the middle of the room, do a strip-tease while singing a tune to strip to.

Oh, and I think you should add the we were talking about yesterday. By using Possess the Living to make people in the tavern sing or whatnot.

Intermediate: In the next week, acquire (by legal means) 6 Naraatian "tinnies," then persuade a moneychanger to buy them (for whatever amount you can get).

Major: shave 25 coins down to slivers (v. p.19). Take them to the one-eared moneychanger in Caravan's Rest, Uphill West, and get the best price for them you can.

NB: The Valdorian Age repeatedly refers to "usurer" when discussing moneychangers. Don't be misled by this error. ;)

Find a tavern with the most angry' date=' nasty-ist looking patrons, then in the middle of the room, do a strip-tease while singing a tune to strip to.[/color']

Oh, and I think you should add the we were talking about yesterday. By using Possess the Living to make people in the tavern sing or whatnot.

Added. And by posting this idea, you hearby forfeit all rights to complain should I use this or a similar version of this idea upon you.

Intermediate: In the next week, acquire (by legal means) 6 Naraatian "tinnies," then persuade a moneychanger to buy them (for whatever amount you can get).

Major: shave 25 coins down to slivers (v. p.19). Take them to the one-eared moneychanger in Caravan's Rest, Uphill West, and get the best price for them you can.

NB: The Valdorian Age repeatedly refers to "usurer" when discussing moneychangers. Don't be misled by this error. ;)

Added.

Boo-Yah! unto you, Lord Squirrel. What is your portfolio?

Major/Life-Threatening: Travel to a specific cave in the western Oceanshore Mountains and start a bonfire. Keep the fire burning one day and one night, then quench the fire with water. Take one fist-size rock that has been cracked from the cave wall, bring it to Elweir and throw it into the Serpentine below the Colossus.

Oh yeah, that last one is a life-threatening task.

Another idea: Set a fire under a snow-laden tree, and watch until melting snow puts out the fire. Given the relative lack of snow around Elweir, I'll call this one a major task. It drops to an intermediate task in colder climes, or even trivial if the sorceror just happens to be camping in the wilderness at the time.

Take five bricks to Sator's square at dawn. Place one at each corner. Carry the fifth to the first corner, and swap it with the first. Then carry the first brick to the second corner and swap it with the second brick. Do this until sunset, taking no breaks for eating or other bodily necessities. Explain to no one.

Keith "Thank you, Phineas Taylor Barnum" Curtis

Go to a place where public notices are posted' date=' and post a series of cryptic and unfathomable actions.[/quote'] Hmph! Sarcastic commentary.

:winkgrin:

:lol:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Captain Obvious again." Drat!

To be honest, I have no idea where that came from. I meant "Hawker's Square" of course.

It just sounds so familiar...

[Google][Wiki]

Hmm. it's a Latin Palindrome. Somebody musthave used it on a map somewhere and I dredged it out of my memory. Anybody remember?

Keith "I certainly would have remembered a Latin palindrome, or even a Latin Palindromedary" Curtis