Three New Hero Plus Adventures Now Available!

Steve Long

Good news, folx! We’ve got not one, not two, but three, count ’em three, new Hero Plus Adventures for Pulp Hero for you! They are:

HPA #8 — The Golden Idol Of Sikral: When the review of a dead professor’s papers reveals wrongdoing, the PCs find themselves chasing his unscrupulous nephew to Central America and into a long-lost valley where an ancient civilization unknown to modern man still lives. There they must explore — and survive — the temple of the frog-god Síkrál to prove themselves the true friends of the tribe and ensure that the professor’s legacy is not exploited and destroyed.

This adventure comes with six maps; the Campaign Cartographer 2 Pro files are included with the bundle.

HPA #9 — Pulp Heroes Vol I: The Raven and the Midnight Brigade: The forthcoming Masterminds And Madmen is going to showcase dozens of great villains for Pulp Hero, so I thought it would be nice to give the forces of Good some reinforcements. This HPA has character sheets and all the info on the Raven, his sidekick the beautiful Velvet Phantom, his pet raven Cagliostro, and his helpers the Midnight Brigade. It also includes full details on the Raven’s Tarot!

HPA #10 — Pulp Heroes Vol II: Captain Battle and the Science Police: This HPA follows close on the heels of #9; it covers globetrotting adventurer Jim Battle and his five helpers, the Science Police.

Let me know if y’all like these; if so, I can do another one with miscellaneous Pulp-era heroes like Carolina Caldwell, the Futurian, Gideon Fortune, Agent Sam Spivey, and the Cobra.

“But wait!” you say observantly. “The Dragon Mandarin was HPA #6, and The Golden Idol Of Sikral is #8. What happened to #7? Those bastards at Hero are dissing the number seven! Kermit’s gonna be pissed."

Well, fear not, Herophiles! HPA #7 is The Locomotive Pirates, the adventure I intend to run at U-Con in a couple of weeks. I’ve gotta keep it under wraps until after it’s run, but it’ll go on sale in early November after I return from the con.

And stay tuned for these other great adventures, coming soon:

—Can your heroes withstand the horrors of... The Curse Of The Vulture-God?

—What mysteries will be illuminated by... The Chinese Lamp?

—Will The Malay Coins lead the heroes to riches and fame... or death?

—Do your heroes have what it takes to brave the perils of... Inner-Earth?

Re: Three New Hero Plus Adventures Now Available!

Mr. Long,

I do understand the idea of the HPAs and I do like (and have used) them. Is it possible to expand them to other genres as well? Maybe Fantasy or even another one for Dark Champions? Or opening up the possibility of another writer for the other genres?

Thanks for all of the hard work. I for one do appreciate it.

Since I create the HPAs in my spare time for fun, I write whatever springs to mind, and right now I happen to have a lot of Pulp ideas. If and when I get good ideas for other genres, I'll put them on the list. Unfortunately, for many other genres my mind tends to run to large, detailed scenarios that aren't appropriate for HPAs. And I don't want to let other authors write them at this time, because they largely serve as a break for me from editing. The last thing I want to do in my spare time is more editing. ;)

Mr. Long,

I do understand the idea of the HPAs and I do like (and have used) them. Is it possible to expand them to other genres as well? Maybe Fantasy or even another one for Dark Champions? Or opening up the possibility of another writer for the other genres?

Thanks for all of the hard work. I for one do appreciate it.

Simply write you own in a similar style and upload them to the appropriate genre board. Unless, you were trying to make some extra cash on the side... that should help the masses considerably.

Simply write you own in a similar style and upload them to the appropriate genre board. Unless' date=' you were trying to make some extra cash on the side... that should help the masses considerably.[/quote']

I wasn't going for the cash aspect, more of the way-better-than-mine writing style of Steve.

BTW, I have considered this. Now to find the time to edit them, thusly why I understand Steve's predicament.

I have a few Star Hero/Terran Empire adventures that I plan to make into HPAs, I just need to find the time to do them. :)

One involves time travel and the other involves Our Heroes helping free an oppressed planet from the clutches of an evil mining corporation.

CURSE YOU STEVE LONG! No longer can I use my chump change in the bottom of my bank account to purchase snackies for my colleagues in crime for our own twisted gaming purposes. You're HPA's are too difficult to resist!

If you continue to create your delectable packets for Pulp Hero gaming, I will have no choice but to buy them all!

Away with you, and do not return until you have a fistfull more of your HPA's to appease me with!

Away with you, I say!

:whip:

Jak

CURSE YOU STEVE LONG! No longer can I use my chump change in the bottom of my bank account to purchase snackies for my colleagues in crime for our own twisted gaming purposes. You're HPA's are too difficult to resist!

If you continue to create your delectable packets for Pulp Hero gaming, I will have no choice but to buy them all!

Away with you, and do not return until you have a fistfull more of your HPA's to appease me with!

Away with you, I say!

:whip:

Jak

I hear that. Taking all of my money from me $3 at a time. :eek:

Jak

Are you riffing the old Hostess Fruit Pie ads in seventies comics? I can just see Steve in a Raven outfit, throwing HPA's out to stop Dr. Yin Wu from harrassing two precocious kids.

"Curses, but at least I've got my HPAs with their creamy pulp filling!"

"Gee, thanks, Raven!"

"Remember kids, good nutrition is important!"

Are you riffing the old Hostess Fruit Pie ads in seventies comics? I can just see Steve in a Raven outfit, throwing HPA's out to stop Dr. Yin Wu from harrassing two precocious kids.

"Curses, but at least I've got my HPAs with their creamy pulp filling!"

"Gee, thanks, Raven!"

"Remember kids, good nutrition is important!"

I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that... You must have spotted my top hat and magician's costume... :D

Jak :winkgrin:

Hopefully I'll have another one for ya by Monday.

Good news! I just finished writing The Malay Coins. It turned out really well, and if you take the suggestions for expanding it, it would make a great "story arc" for a campaign (or even a good campaign kick-off). I'll probably wait to lay it out tomorrow, and then Ben can slap it up in the Online Store when he's back in the office on Monday.

Now I have to decide which one to work on next. Curse Of The Vulture-God has a few things in common with The Golden Idol Of Sikral, and The Chinese Lamp has some similarities to The Malay Coins, so maybe I'll get started on Inner-Earth. It's likely to take a while, though, since like Solar Smith it's really more of a setting than an adventure per se. So I dunno. We'll see what percolates to the top of my fevered little brain. :eek:

The following is a subliminal message aimed at Mr. Steve Long only; everyone else can ignore it if they want to.

:innerearthinnerearthinnerearthinnerearthinnerearthinnerearthinnerearthinnerearthinnerearth:

Subliminal message ends. Thank you for your time.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news' date=' folx! We’ve got not one, not two, but [i']three,[/i] count ’em three, new Hero Plus Adventures for Pulp Hero for you! They are:

HPA #9 — Pulp Heroes Vol I: The Raven and the Midnight Brigade: The forthcoming Masterminds And Madmen is going to showcase dozens of great villains for Pulp Hero, so I thought it would be nice to give the forces of Good some reinforcements. This HPA has character sheets and all the info on the Raven, his sidekick the beautiful Velvet Phantom, his pet raven Cagliostro, and his helpers the Midnight Brigade. It also includes full details on the Raven’s Tarot!

HPA #10 — Pulp Heroes Vol II: Captain Battle and the Science Police: This HPA follows close on the heels of #9; it covers globetrotting adventurer Jim Battle and his five helpers, the Science Police.

Let me know if y’all like these; if so, I can do another one with miscellaneous Pulp-era heroes like Carolina Caldwell, the Futurian, Gideon Fortune, Agent Sam Spivey, and the Cobra.

Well, I was going to limit myself to ordering a copy of CHAMPIONS WORLDWIDE, but if you're covering the CU's pulp-era past with the Raven, then I'll just have to get that one too! Say, does the PDF go into any detail about either the Raven's ultimate end or his purported connection with the Trismegistus Council?

And I'd love to see more covering the other pulp heroes mentioned. I also hope someone covers my hometown pulp hero, the Black Owl, in the future.

And stay tuned for these other great adventures, coming soon:

—Do your heroes have what it takes to brave the perils of... Inner-Earth?

I'm already shivering with anticipation. Say, maybe you could do a 'Planetary Romance' setting PDF sometime in the future?

Say, does the PDF go into any detail about either the Raven's ultimate end or his purported connection with the Trismegistus Council?

No -- those details I'll either keep secret for now or leave up to individual GMs to decide. :eg:

I'm already shivering with anticipation.

Hmmm... hopefully it's not malaria. :eek:

Work on Inner-Earth progresses, albeit slowly. It's a fairly hefty project compared to most HPAs, so I'm just plinking away at it as time and inspiration allow. The Aztecs are mostly done, so I'll soon move on to the serpent-men. ;)

Say, maybe you could do a 'Planetary Romance' setting PDF sometime in the future?

Well, we've already got Solar Smith, if you haven't seen it yet. That's about all I've got to say along those lines at present. Or do you mean you'd like to see one world developed in more detail for Barsoom or Big Planet-style "stranded on an alien world" types of campaigns?

Work on Inner-Earth progresses' date=' albeit slowly. It's a fairly hefty project compared to most HPAs, so I'm just plinking away at it as time and inspiration allow. The Aztecs are mostly done, so I'll soon move on to the serpent-men. ;) [/quote']

Great! It already sounds good.

Well' date=' we've already got [i']Solar Smith,[/i] if you haven't seen it yet. That's about all I've got to say along those lines at present. Or do you mean you'd like to see one world developed in more detail for Barsoom or Big Planet-style "stranded on an alien world" types of campaigns?

I meant more the latter. Swordplay and blasters, multiarmed barbarian hordes, half naked Frazetta princesses, etc. (Oh, and BTW, I really enjoy 'Dragon Mandarin'.)

I meant more the latter. Swordplay and blasters, multiarmed barbarian hordes, half naked Frazetta princesses, etc.

That's what I figured. ;)

Great. Now there's another cool idea stuck in my li'l brain that I'm going to have to work on sooner or later. :eek: It'll have to wait for a while, though -- Inner-Earth is likely to exhaust my ideas for weird cultures and settings for a while. But the seed's been planted, so no doubt I'll get around to it eventually.

(Oh, and BTW, I really enjoy 'Dragon Mandarin'.)

Thanx! Wait'll you see all the cool monsters in The Asian Bestiary, Vol. I-II that he can obtain via his Summon. :eg:

That's what I figured. ;)

Great. Now there's another cool idea stuck in my li'l brain that I'm going to have to work on sooner or later. :eek: It'll have to wait for a while, though -- Inner-Earth is likely to exhaust my ideas for weird cultures and settings for a while. But the seed's been planted, so no doubt I'll get around to it eventually.

Geez, we'd better be careful suggesting anything to you. If you try working on every idea you get, you're gonna turn you into some kind of writing zombie.

Thanx! Wait'll you see all the cool monsters in The Asian Bestiary' date=' Vol. I-II[/i'] that he can obtain via his Summon. :eg:

Hey, I'll get them both!

Geez' date=' we'd better be careful suggesting anything to you. If you try working on every idea you get, you're gonna turn you into some kind of writing zombie.[/quote']"Turn into"....?

:D

'course, your typical zombie probably doesn't type fast enough to write four hundred and eleventy-gazillion words per day, like Steve does... ;)

• 2 weeks later...