Sense of Humor

ideasmith

SENSE OF HUMOR

Enhanced Senses: Detect Joke (5); Discriminatory (+5); Analyze (+5); 360° Perception (+5); Range (+5); Sense (+2); Targeting (+10): Active cost: 37 Real Cost: 37

Allows the player to say “Of course my character has a sense of humor. See, it's on the character sheetâ€.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Sense of Humor

I don't think you've quite captured the essence of the Sense of Humor.... :D

I would think that it should be directly Linked to some kind of 'appreciation of the joke' power-- Maybe Mind Control: only to laugh and release Endorphins, only vs self?

or perhaps a >gasp< T-form, triggered on hearing a 'really good joke' that forces the character to guffaw?

Though I like the Discriminatory. Wouldn't want him laughing at bad jokes....

I don't think you've quite captured the essence of the Sense of Humor.... :D

I would think that it should be directly Linked to some kind of 'appreciation of the joke' power-- Maybe Mind Control: only to laugh and release Endorphins, only vs self?

or perhaps a >gasp< T-form, triggered on hearing a 'really good joke' that forces the character to guffaw?

Though I like the Discriminatory. Wouldn't want him laughing at bad jokes....

The next think you know, Duke Bushido, you'll be suggesting the power should really be written up as a Triggered (joke/funny situation) Extra-Dimensional Movement (to the universe where the joke is funny and the listener is laughing).

No, wait, I'm sorry...that's Super Squirrel's job! :D

( ;) )

Laughing Too Hard EB: NND (def: appropriate psych lims); Limitation - only to short ribs' date=' No Range, Self Only[/quote']

Years ago, for my ANZAC group of NPC heroes, I wrote up Kookaburra -- who had the ability to make other people laugh uncontrollably until they passed out from exhaustion. :)

Cheers Duke. I really don't know why you have this impression of me :whistle:

I am, I admit, a little concerned about the inclusion of targetting in the sense of humour.

For that matter I might quibble with the inclusion of 'sense' - IME ost people need at least a half phase of concentration to get many jokes.

Oh, and 360 degrees? What about sight-gags....

....I know, I know: I'm taking it too seriously, neh? :)

Cheers Duke. I really don't know why you have this impression of me :whistle:

heh heh heh heh---

is there a Brittish term for 'good natured agitation?'

heh heh heh heh

I am, I admit, a little concerned about the inclusion of targetting in the sense of humour.

Well see, when he 'gets' a joke, he gets it dead to rights! And it helps to ensure that he doesn't miss the joke.

For that matter I might quibble with the inclusion of 'sense' - IME ost people need at least a half phase of concentration to get many jokes.

You're right! We need a sub-set power with 'Concentrate' for the more cerebral or esoteric jokes!

I don't know about you but I've got

Eyes in the back of my head - 360 degree perception: Sight Group.

it's on my character sheet ... see! :cool:

So now we're talking about wierd stuff that we have on our character sheets?

Hmmm...

It seems I've bought

Clueless: Damage Resistance for Mental Defense, Only vs. Catching a Clue (-2)

So for me to catch a clue, it has to be Penetrating. Or you have to use a really big hammer when applying it. :)

So now we're talking about wierd stuff that we have on our character sheets?

Hmmm...

It seems I've bought

Clueless: Damage Resistance for Mental Defense, Only vs. Catching a Clue (-2)

So for me to catch a clue, it has to be Penetrating. Or you have to use a really big hammer when applying it. :)

the last word of my post "... See!" ... it was supposed to be funny, me showing my "character sheet" in a forum on discussion regarding seeing things ...

sigh.

Somedays I've got it. Somedays I don't.

LAUGH DAMMIT! LAUGH I TELL YOU!

the last word of my post "... See!" ... it was supposed to be funny, me showing my "character sheet" in a forum on discussion regarding seeing things ...

sigh.

Dude--

he was point-shaving.

He had better uses for those 37 pts. ;)

sigh.

By your command! :hail:

:lol:

(And by the way...did you fail your "Sense Humor" roll? Why do you think I responded to your post with a write-up for cluelessness, of all things?!? ;) )

By your command! :hail:

:lol:

(And by the way...did you fail your "Sense Humor" roll? Why do you think I responded to your post with a write-up for cluelessness, of all things?!? ;) )

Naw, I just wanted an excuse to scream "Laugh dammit! Laugh I tell you!" really. Thanks for playing the strait man, even if only in my head.

and some day we'll all see the humor in this.

SENSE OF HUMOR

Enhanced Senses: Detect Joke (5); Discriminatory (+5); Analyze (+5); 360° Perception (+5); Range (+5); Sense (+2); Targeting (+10): Active cost: 37 Real Cost: 37

Allows the player to say “Of course my character has a sense of humor. See, it's on the character sheetâ€.

Ok, this rather proves that you have too much time on your hands...

SENSE OF HUMOR

I don't get it.