MetaCyber

Killer Shrike

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: MetaCyber

I have to wait to rep you' date=' but just to compliment you... I use your site as a cyberpunk reference and hand out the link to anyone looking to do Cyberpunk Hero. Well done, and thanks for all the work I no longer have to do. =)[/quote']

Thanks! I'm proud of the MetaCyber material and think its some of my best work; it's been on my mind to finish it the last couple of years but things keep getting in the way.

Also, I definitely take input on this subject since it's not finished yet (even if I don't ultimately use it, I weigh it). Several posters such as Ghost-angel and gojira have had an impact on the general direction I've taken or not taken via their comments on these forums, and WilyQuixote and Checkmate have had face to face input that has had an impact as well.

Checkmate's input is responsible for refinements around the NuBushi, and a refinement to the Auger Archetypes starting advantages (the ability to "sell back" their starting gear pool for points with which to buy more augmentations with).

WilyQ's input has been broad, but most particularly deep around Tubers. He's also responsible for the iconics Chaz and Angus.

Also, any of the iconic NPC iconics I dont have a sheet up for are fair game for people to do write ups for and submit. Credit will be given. They should be 225 point "starting" level characters, and the Origin / Archetype combos are deliberate, other than that they are open game -- even their names can be changed if you've got a better one for them ;)

Specifically:

SPHREAKER -- AMPER DRIVER (SPEED FREAK): Everything needed to make this character is in place. I intend for this character to be a driver's driver of sort -- totally dedicated to that role.

WH1SP3R -- ADEPT HACKER (DECKER): Technically everything necessary to do this character is in place, but its thin and would probably be difficult for someone other than me to take on right now. She is going to be _the_ archetypical Decker.

ITO -- ADEPT HACKER (TRUE HACKER): Everything necessary for this character is in place. He is intended to be _the_ archetypical Hacker. Also, I intended for him to use Biofeedback Training.

DR. ZORDERS -- AMPER PATCHER (CYBERDOC): Everything necessary for this character is in place. WilyQ has started and stopped on this character several times and had a certain direction he was going, but until I get something concrete I'll take whatever.

7-MARY-5 -- AMPER BOOMER (DEMOLITIONIST): Everything necessary for this character is in place. I intended for her to be a former operative of either a splinter government or a megacorp that has gone rogue. I was going to base her more or less on a combination of James Woods and Sly's characters from the Professional -- the one where they are bomb makers. I intended for her to be cold and mildly sadistic, but to also have a quixotic streak of goodness in her.

TRUDY -- TUBER HACKER / BREAKER (SLICER): Everything necessary for this character is in place. I intended her to be a solid hybrid character, but other than that I had no predisposition. I was going to wait until I rolled up her random Tuber Package and see where it took me.

TODAI -- AMPER SCRAPPER (SWEEPER): Everything necessary for this character is in place. I intended him to be an old-skooler with some aging cyber and a world weary attitude. I intended his level of cyber to be more pronounced than Peng and less extensive than Maxwell. First and foremost I intended this character to be a middle of the road survivor. A "Last Man Standing" type character. He doesn't start fights -- he ends them. Like that. I was going to also use him to show off shotguns and illustrate the idea that SCRAPPER is not synonymous with MELEE; it just means close in skirmishers.

Also, I need a character that shows off Pharmitech (specifically combat dosages; Angus is an example of a long term dosage). I've considered adding that to one of the above unwritten iconics or doing some artwork for another one and using them. I have a piece I started on for this purpose but didnt like the way it turned out...see attachment.

I also need a BioWare user, but BioWare is so straightforward im less concerned about it.

Here's my initial thoughts for these new iconics, in order:

Beckett

BECKETT -- TUBER FACILITATOR / DRIVER (TANKER): Here's his Tuber Package (Rolled it up a few weeks ago when I extended the Tuber package randomizer and it was so juicy I saved it off to make a character around it):

Extra Enhanced Package

#Impressive

+5 STR

+5 DEX

+5 CON

+5 INT

+5 EGO

+5 PRE

*Empath

Telepathy 3d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Empathy All Emotions (-1/2), Receive Only (-1/2), Always On (-1/2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4), Normal Range (-1/4)

Rugged

+2 PD

+2 ED

Damage Resistance (4/4)

+1 REC

Immune to Disease

Life Support (Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents)

Corneal Acuity

Infravision

Flash Defense (Sight): 5

Tough Damage Resistance (8 PD / 8 ED); Hardened (+1/4)

# Note the lack of the No Figured Characteristic Limitation.

* This is an extremely rare and unusual near-metability.

He doubled up on Damage Resistance between Rugged and Tough, so I'd make sure to cap his PD and ED out at 12. That's just too juicy to pass on.

Skill wise, I'd make sure he covered the bases to be a "face man", and also be an adequate combat driver.

I might give him a super skill that keyed off his empathy to make him especially good at closing deals w/ people if he can "read" them empathically.

On the other hand I might just pump points into stats to make the most of his "Enhanced" NCM.

Whatever points were left over I'd funnel into pumping up the size of his Vehicle Pool and buy him a really rugged armored transport / support vehicle with a respectable gun on it.

I'd portray him as just being uber-competent, a mans man, a guy with the kind of confidence genetic superiority and basically bullet proof skin engenders.

KRISSY -- AUGER (BioWare / PharmiTech) SCRAPPER (PISTOLERO / FIGHTER): I'm kind of toying with the idea of a self-declared new order of Templars or some other neo-catholic or christian themed organization. Basically fanatical warriors devoted to their faith and considered to be bat-#%^$ crazy by others because of their uncompromising willingness to put themselves into harms way in pursuit of their order's missions.

Basically a paladin niche, but dystopian. Kind of like the Street Preacher in Johnny Mnemonic, but less thuggish / barbaric.

However I haven't quite worked out how playable they would be as Runners though.

Anyway, if I go that route Krissy would be such a character. She's also intended to showcase BioWare, and perhaps PharmiTech (both short and long term effects).

I see her as being a speed and DCV based scrapper who relies on being extremely difficult to hit, and fast on her feet to stay lose. I'm also thinking lots of Autofire skills and a machine pistol. Since she's not an Adept or Tuber she can't have super-skills, so no Combat Luck or Deadly Blow, so I'd make sure to pay attention to getting a good gun and pay attention to keeping DCV high. I'd probably start her off with some of the combat drugs that let a person ignore pain as well.

Taggert -- META SHOOTER / BOOMER (PYROKINETIC): All of the Meta's showcased thus far (Xander, Molly, and Alys) have been more utility oriented. Taggert's purpose is to show an offensive Meta, specifically a Pyrokinetic.

This is a straightforward beater character, so I'd make sure to cover every permutation of Pyrokinesis I could afford and also concentrate on ensuring he's competitive as a Shooter and a Boomer -- so either accuracy via OCV or reliance on AoE's -- perhaps Var Advantage, four advantages, one hex, one hex accurate, explosion (rad), explosion (cone) on an EB or RKA to give him options.

Here's my initial thoughts for these new iconics, in order:

Beckett

BECKETT -- TUBER FACILITATOR / DRIVER (TANKER): Here's his Tuber Package (Rolled it up a few weeks ago when I extended the Tuber package randomizer and it was so juicy I saved it off to make a character around it):

Extra Enhanced Package

#Impressive

+5 STR

+5 DEX

+5 CON

+5 INT

+5 EGO

+5 PRE

*Empath

Telepathy 3d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Empathy All Emotions (-1/2), Receive Only (-1/2), Always On (-1/2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4), Normal Range (-1/4)

Rugged

+2 PD

+2 ED

Damage Resistance (4/4)

+1 REC

Immune to Disease

Life Support (Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents)

Corneal Acuity

Infravision

Flash Defense (Sight): 5

Tough Damage Resistance (8 PD / 8 ED); Hardened (+1/4)

# Note the lack of the No Figured Characteristic Limitation.

* This is an extremely rare and unusual near-metability.

He doubled up on Damage Resistance between Rugged and Tough, so I'd make sure to cap his PD and ED out at 12. That's just too juicy to pass on.

Skill wise, I'd make sure he covered the bases to be a "face man", and also be an adequate combat driver.

I might give him a super skill that keyed off his empathy to make him especially good at closing deals w/ people if he can "read" them empathically.

On the other hand I might just pump points into stats to make the most of his "Enhanced" NCM.

Whatever points were left over I'd funnel into pumping up the size of his Vehicle Pool and buy him a really rugged armored transport / support vehicle with a respectable gun on it.

I'd portray him as just being uber-competent, a mans man, a guy with the kind of confidence genetic superiority and basically bullet proof skin engenders.

And here he is:

Beckett

Beckett's Van

TODAI -- AMPER SCRAPPER (SWEEPER): Everything necessary for this character is in place. I intended him to be an old-skooler with some aging cyber and a world weary attitude. I intended his level of cyber to be more pronounced than Peng and less extensive than Maxwell. First and foremost I intended this character to be a middle of the road survivor. A "Last Man Standing" type character. He doesn't start fights -- he ends them. Like that. I was going to also use him to show off shotguns and illustrate the idea that SCRAPPER is not synonymous with MELEE; it just means close in skirmishers.

Todai is done...

Taggert -- META SHOOTER / BOOMER (PYROKINETIC): All of the Meta's showcased thus far (Xander, Molly, and Alys) have been more utility oriented. Taggert's purpose is to show an offensive Meta, specifically a Pyrokinetic.

This is a straightforward beater character, so I'd make sure to cover every permutation of Pyrokinesis I could afford and also concentrate on ensuring he's competitive as a Shooter and a Boomer -- so either accuracy via OCV or reliance on AoE's -- perhaps Var Advantage, four advantages, one hex, one hex accurate, explosion (rad), explosion (cone) on an EB or RKA to give him options.

Taggert