Inches per turn to MPH

nexus

Re: Inches per turn to MPH

mph calculator spreadsheet

or if you want to work it out on paper, see the side bar in 5ER, p.364

I may be .xls challenged, but I've never been able to get that spreadsheet to function properly. Any changes I make to the various values just produces a row of number signs in the MPH total column.

If anyone has made it work, could you please walk me through it step-by-step? :hail:

Guest daeudi_454

Here is a Speedlines PDF I made.

At the top is a chart showing a character's SPD (Columns) and the Character's Movement (rows) The results are in miles per hour.

In addition, at the bottom are Megascale conversions for distance and speed.

I may be .xls challenged, but I've never been able to get that spreadsheet to function properly. Any changes I make to the various values just produces a row of number signs in the MPH total column.

If anyone has made it work, could you please walk me through it step-by-step? :hail:

Take the cell containing the total and enlarge it ... the #### means the data is wider than the display of the cell.

That sounds promising. :) Um... how do I do that? Trying any of the Format commands in the toolbar gives me the error message' date=' "Sheet is locked."[/quote']

Mouse over the cell ... bring the mouse to the line between that cell and the one next to it, the cursor should change to a double arrow thing, click, drag to your right .. expanded cell.

Alternately, put the moust cursor over the line between the Cell Headers (if it's in Column H put the mouse on the line between H and I) and double click, it will automatically expand the cell to the width of the contents.

Last method, right click on the Cell, go to Format Cell, under Formating click the "Shrink to Fite" button, hit OK, the contents should reduce in size to fit, but may be very tiny and hard to read.

finally looking at the spreadsheet ... the lines are huge' date=' what're you entering to get all the ###?[/quote']

Changing a single digit is enough to produce them, apparently.

Thanks a lot for the detailed instructions, g-a. Unfortunately all of your suggestions produce that same "Sheet is locked" error message. Either that spreadsheet or my brain is seriously verklempt. :idjit:

Changing a single digit is enough to produce them, apparently.

Thanks a lot for the detailed instructions, g-a. Unfortunately all of your suggestions produce that same "Sheet is locked" error message. Either that spreadsheet or my brain is seriously verklempt. :idjit:

Try this one ... I created a new spreadsheet, added all the movement powers (except Leaping, FTL and EDM which have seperate NCM Rules I don't feel like messing with at the moment..).

It's based off the original spreadsheet given by Bloodstone.

Fill out anything in RED. Inches to MPH Spreadsheet

LL, the file that Bloodstone attached is a Read-Only file. It is also Protected. You need to do 2 things.

First, open the file in Excel. Do a Save As and give it a different filename.

Second, go to the menu and click Tools>Protection, then click Unprotect. You should now be able to make any changes that you wish.

Let me know how it goes.

Dang, g-a was posting while I was typing. :(

multiplying inches/turn by 0.6 gives kph exact.

multiplying inches/turn by 0.3728227153424 gives mph to the nearest 1/256 of an inch.

Or if you have a conversion button just calc for kph and convert to miles. This works with combat and noncombat movement.

aylwin13, that did the trick. Along with ghost-angel's instructions, that lets me alter the spreadsheet to work perfectly. Rep to you. :)

As it turns out, though, I like ghost-angel's sheet even better. This is the one I'll be recommending next time I'm asked. G-A, I'll have to owe you Rep until I can spread it around a little more. :o

Thanks to both of you for your sterling efforts on behalf on us digitally challenged. :D

I was looking at the Speedlines.pdf

It's a good summary chart but it prints small. Is there anyway to enlarge it. I think the security settings are blocking me.

All PDFs should have a zoom function on them - it's part of Acrobat.

You may not be able to see the whole page at once, but you can zoom in. Alternately use your OSes built in Universal Access features (I'm not sure exactly what windows call is, that the Mac term) to enlarge parts of the screen.

Guest daeudi_454

There are no security features set, and the zoom couldn't be blocked anyway. No idea what's going on....

It is a little smaller than I would like, but I didn't want to shove it to 2 pages....

Working on a better one as soon as I can figure out what would look best.