So, Which One Are You? Are You Sure?

Having Turn A Gundam on its way inspired me to ask how to model this in HERO:

Somewhere in the campaign setting is your exact double. You are not related, you were not raised together, you might not even be the same race or species. You don't have the same skills, and if you have Powers they may have different Powers or none at all. Yet if you two were dressed and made up in the same exact way, it would be utterly impossible for even your most intimate friends to tell you apart. You can pose as your double, and vice versa, with only rudimentary Disguise and a minimum of effort.

This is not the same thing as having an Evil Twin. Once you meet, you could easily become friends. You might even choose to switch identities for a time, or even permanently if circumstances warrant.

Also, what is the likely effect on the campaign of a PC or NPC having something like this in their lives?

Re: So, Which One Are You? Are You Sure?

At its base level (the two characters simply existing in the world), I don't think you need to do anything to model it. It's just a plot point.

If the characters did choose to switch identities at some point, you might model it at that time with something akin to Deep Cover.

Once you meet' date=' you could easily become friends. You might even [i']choose[/i] to switch identities for a time, or even permanently if circumstances warrant.

Also, what is the likely effect on the campaign of a PC or NPC having something like this in their lives?

Likely effect? Hilarious hijinx as the two adorable characters switch identities while getting their divorced parents to reconcile / trying to "go steady" with the cute boy in the camp across the lake. Give the PC bonuses if he goes ahead and calls himself either Mary-Kate or Ashley.

Turn A Gundam is coming? Man I don't watch enough TV anymore...

Guest daeudi_454

Likely effect? Hilarious hijinx as the two adorable characters switch identities while getting their divorced parents to reconcile / trying to "go steady" with the cute boy in the camp across the lake. Give the PC bonuses if he goes ahead and calls himself either Mary-Kate or Ashley.

Turn A Gundam is coming? Man I don't watch enough TV anymore...

I have been forced to watch all the MK&A movies. Almost always, this situation turns into either a variation of the Parent Trap, or a variation of Comedy of Errors.

Other possibilitiesa include Jackie Chan's movie, or VanDam's.

Turn A is okay- any Gundam is better than G... except Wing.

Depending on who each person was, one may have a Distinctive Feature: Looks like X or something similar.

Ultimately, it's really no different than if two PCs decided to write up two completely different character who happens to look nearly identical. No special stats; all that's needed is an appropriate sense of humor to go with the requisite hilarity of getting them confused for each other.

Other sources of lookalike scenarios:

An episode of The Prisoner involved convincing No. 6 that he was the duplicate sent to replace the "real" No. 6 after a series of brainwashing to make him subconsciously act out of character.

The traditional prince and the popper type stories of which there are more than I can count.

Numerous alternate timeline/parallel dimension duplicates, such as in Sliders.

The Man in the Iron Mask stories.

The was a movie I believe that involved some government official becoming ill or dissappearing who was replaced by a look-a-like to keep up appearances, but unfortunately I can't recall the name or any details.