Inner-Earth Update

Steve Long

I was asked for an update on HPA #12, Inner-Earth, so I figured I'd post it here in case more people were interested.

Earlier today, at long last, I finished the first draft! It's the biggest HPA yet, longer even than Solar Smith in terms of word counts. Now I just have to check over it and get it laid out. With luck, we'll have it in the Online Store within a week or so for the low, low price of five bucks.

Re: Inner-Earth Update

No room for a beast-man city. Have to save that for something else. It's a big world; we can wedge in lots of lost civilizations. :D

xibalba could be interesting.

I have thought about putting the REAL Labyrinth deep underwater/ground under Minos. The one we know about was the one built in memory of it. ;)

who knows what waits inside those passages?

:eg:

xibalba could be interesting.

I have thought about putting the REAL Labyrinth deep underwater/ground under Minos. The one we know about was the one built in memory of it. ;)

who knows what waits inside those passages?

:eg:

Hordes of Derros armed with Mental Cannon ? Well okay Derros are 50's rather than 30's-40's but they are so delightfully "Pulp" that I think there should be a way to squeeze them into the Hollow Earth !

Hordes of Derros armed with Mental Cannon ? Well okay Derros are 50's rather than 30's-40's but they are so delightfully "Pulp" that I think there should be a way to squeeze them into the Hollow Earth !

Lets just say the Minotaur legend is also misunderstood...

;)

Also Icarus...:D

You must post more information about this if you wish me to rep you.

Well, the basics are that someone discovers that there is a network of underwater "caves" 100 meters below sea level. However there is a wrought stone entryway with the simbol of the "Minoan" Axe on lintel. Full arch, too by the way.

Eventually, once our intrepid explorerers find a way to survive, they start finding odd things, such as jumbled skeletons of men and bulls. If anyone thinks to ask, well yes, there do seem to be no bull hindquarters or human heads... If anyone has the right knowledge skills (or even background) They will notice major anatomical problems in bone structure and such in addition.

They might even find a vaguely horselike skeleton... No head, but a partial humanoid torso near by. Actually more apelike, though.

Deeper and deeper they travel and eventually they find a temple like structure. Where one might expect to find an altar, there is an arched gateway, Straight into the wall. ;)

Yes, I liked the concept of Stargate. :D

Are Bulwyer-Lytton's "Coming Race" (the Vril-ya ?) in there as well ? Such a crowded place the interior of the earth !

Ever read The Ultimate Super Mage? There was a group in it directly inspired by Bulwer-Lytton, "The Vril Society." It was the cabal that trained Solitaire of the (4E) Champions.

. . . Run away from Sun Koh!

One of the weird part of his Pulp stories is the idea that he was related by blood to the "Mayan Kings" as well as being heir to Atlantis. The Nazis had re-written history and mythology to make both groups Aryan. Nazi Aztecs in the Inner Earth are exactly his cup of tea. ;)