CHAR: Wonder Woman

Enforcer84

Re: CHAR: Wonder Woman

I'd suggest using a Dark Champions / Pulp Hero construct instead. Give her 10 PD / 10 ED armor that Always Allows One Body Through (-1/2). Bullets hurt if they get past the bracelets' date=' her skin can be cut, but she's very tough to actually maim or kill.[/quote']

Neat! Never saw this before, not having DC or PH. Very worthy of further consideration.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't read a lot of WW, but I happened to read the OMAC project and noticed two things I thought I'd comment on:

She seems to have some sort of ability to control birds. Lots of birds at once. She distracts Superman with a flock of birds.

And, the razor tiara needs to be beefier. She cuts Superman with it, and does enough damage that he stops and puts his hands to his throat where he was hit. So, it needs to be able to hurt Superman. Maybe you are calling the tiara magical, so it bypasses some of his defenses....

I don't read a lot of WW, but I happened to read the OMAC project and noticed two things I thought I'd comment on:

She seems to have some sort of ability to control birds. Lots of birds at once. She distracts Superman with a flock of birds.

And, the razor tiara needs to be beefier. She cuts Superman with it, and does enough damage that he stops and puts his hands to his throat where he was hit. So, it needs to be able to hurt Superman. Maybe you are calling the tiara magical, so it bypasses some of his defenses....

Wait--the tiara cuts Superman...? :nonp:

I knew there was a reason I always hated her...

Neat! Never saw this before' date=' not having DC or PH. Very worthy of further consideration.[/quote']

There are some pretty neat power builds offered in Pulp Hero and Dark Champions. I've also borrowed the Resource Points idea from Dark Champions for Supers games, adjusted slightly. It let me formalize my "Normal Equipment is Free" policy.

Wait--the tiara cuts Superman...? :nonp:

I knew there was a reason I always hated her...

Her power level has gone up quite a bit recently, but in that case it's now semi-canon that her weapons bypass Superman's defenses.

Which also means that any character with a magic sword or hammer should trounce this version of Superman. Huge flame war on that a while back. :)

Actually, IIR Billy hit him twice, as a sucker punch, to take him out. And that doesn't quite mesh with other encounters between Clark and Billy, or between Clark and Black Adam, who's Captain Marvel's equal supposedly.

As for the write-up, looks pretty good. One thing you may want to add though is another power of the bracelets. If Diana crosses them in front of her it creates an invisible force field thats fairly unbreakable. It doesn't get used often, but it has stood up to the likes of the combined greek pantheon lending their power for one massive magical blast. (It was funny because Zeus stuck Diana on this rock floating in limbo and tells her "We're gonna blast you as hard as we can, we think the bracelets will protect you":) )

Guest WhammeWhamme

Actually, IIR Billy hit him twice, as a sucker punch, to take him out. And that doesn't quite mesh with other encounters between Clark and Billy, or between Clark and Black Adam, who's Captain Marvel's equal supposedly.

As for the write-up, looks pretty good. One thing you may want to add though is another power of the bracelets. If Diana crosses them in front of her it creates an invisible force field thats fairly unbreakable. It doesn't get used often, but it has stood up to the likes of the combined greek pantheon lending their power for one massive magical blast. (It was funny because Zeus stuck Diana on this rock floating in limbo and tells her "We're gonna blast you as hard as we can, we think the bracelets will protect you":) )

Okay, that last one needs explaining. In the "why. No really, WHY?" kind of way.

Okay' date=' that last one needs explaining. In the "why. No really, WHY?" kind of way.[/quote']Because Zeus and the rest of the Greek gods are jerks?

IIR, Hephaestus had made the bracelets, and they wanted to see just how good they where. If they weren't strong enough and Diana died? Oh well.

Your obsession is duely noted. ;)

the "who's hotter than WW in comics" list is pretty short, by any objective criteria:p

If 30 is the CU max for legendary human COM, that seems appropriate for Diana--she's not superhumanly attractive, but about as beautiful as they come.

There are more attractive characters in comics, true--but generally it's specified as part of their shtick(e.g. Venus/Aphrodite, Amora the Enchantress (and her sister), the chick from Rising Stars, etc.).

the "who's hotter than WW in comics" list is pretty short, by any objective criteria:p

If 30 is the CU max for legendary human COM, that seems appropriate for Diana--she's not superhumanly attractive, but about as beautiful as they come.

There are more attractive characters in comics, true--but generally it's specified as part of their shtick(e.g. Venus/Aphrodite, Amora the Enchantress (and her sister), the chick from Rising Stars, etc.).

Depends on who draws her. I've seen Storm, Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Zatanna, and various other women who have been drawn better upon occasion if you get the right artist. ;)

Depends on who draws her. I've seen Storm' date=' Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Zatanna, and various other women who have been drawn better upon occasion if you get the right artist. ;)[/quote']

I think the only fair way to settle this is for Alex Ross to draw a four volume set of pin-up art featuring all major DC and Marvel female characters. The volumes can be linked by an ongoing storyline. Possibly something involving oil wrestling.

I think the only fair way to settle this is for Alex Ross to draw a four volume set of pin-up art featuring all major DC and Marvel female characters. The volumes can be linked by an ongoing storyline. Possibly something involving oil wrestling.

ARGHH!!!! Why do you post these repworthy posts right after I've repped you for something lesser!!!

I hate your guts. :mad: :mad: :mad:

:D

And the book will have to be tough and easly cleaned.