CHAR: Wonder Woman

Enforcer84

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CHAR: Wonder Woman

I loved the sceen where Diana was at a reading for her book "Reflections" and she opens the floor for questions. Afterfielding a question about the Invisible Jet, one guy works up the nerve to ask her if she has a boyfriend:

"I don't, no, not at the present"

*bunch of hands go up*

"I should add that I don't have a girlfriend, either."

*more hands go up*

"I'm not really lookign right now."

*all hands go down*

"Are there any questions about the book?"

I'll should really abstain from giving a review, since I'm too much of a fanboy, but you've definitly undersold the abilities of the lasso. It can force truth from a God, dispell the illusions of powerful mentalists like Doctor Psycho, it's strong enough to bind Superman, has megascale stretching (technically infinite), and that's not even gettign into the obscure stuff she's done with it. She should definitly have a Power Skill: Lasso.

In addition to the sword, shield and armor, she uses a large battle axe and a spear, mostly when fighting inhuman opponents.

That flight speed looks slow to me. Might want to slap some Variable Advantage on there so she can do the Megascale, Useable as Swimming, Useable as tunneling stunts too.

The tiara is an HKA, with the Range based on STR advantage. She's used it in hand to hand before.

She's outright immune to the powers of people like Dr. Psycho and Maxlord, so I figure she has huge mental defense vs Mind Control and Mental Illusions, possibly hardened, probably with Mental DR. I'd have to do some research to see if this metnl defense applies to things like Ego attacks.

I loved the sceen where Diana was at a reading for her book "Reflections" and she opens the floor for questions. Afterfielding a question about the Invisible Jet, one guy works up the nerve to ask her if she has a boyfriend:

"I don't, no, not at the present"

*bunch of hands go up*

"I should add that I don't have a girlfriend, either."

*more hands go up*

"I'm not really lookign right now."

*all hands go down*

"Are there any questions about the book?"

I'll should really abstain from giving a review, since I'm too much of a fanboy, but you've definitly undersold the abilities of the lasso. It can force truth from a God, dispell the illusions of powerful mentalists like Doctor Psycho, it's strong enough to bind Superman, has megascale stretching (technically infinite), and that's not even gettign into the obscure stuff she's done with it. She should definitly have a Power Skill: Lasso.

In addition to the sword, shield and armor, she uses a large battle axe and a spear, mostly when fighting inhuman opponents.

That flight speed looks slow to me. Might want to slap some Variable Advantage on there so she can do the Megascale, Useable as Swimming, Useable as tunneling stunts too.

The tiara is an HKA, with the Range based on STR advantage. She's used it in hand to hand before.

She's outright immune to the powers of people like Dr. Psycho and Maxlord, so I figure she has huge mental defense vs Mind Control and Mental Illusions, possibly hardened, probably with Mental DR. I'd have to do some research to see if this metnl defense applies to things like Ego attacks.

Is this immunity something to do with her time as the Goddess of Truth? or her lasso?

Is this immunity something to do with her time as the Goddess of Truth? or her lasso?

In her earliest Golden Age Days, she'd sometimes be described as using Amazonian Telepathic Waves to do various tricks; I'll look for links to the scans. Some writer may have decided to go back to that and give her inherent mental defenses.

Wonder Woman in an original Marston story, and her Super Amazon Telepathic Waves.

From Gone and Forgotten (the perfect antidote site for sad souls who think comics were better written in the Gold or Silver Age), we get a panel near the bottom of the page noting that Wonder Woman's plane responded to telepathic commands. He uses funnier phrasing.

There are probably others out there if you want to go Google-mining. WW was never a full telepath in the way the term is used in modern comics, but she could pull a few tricks. Add in her lasso, and she's a powerful mentalist.

Wonder Woman in an original Marston story' date=' and her Super Amazon Telepathic Waves.

From Gone and Forgotten (the perfect antidote site for sad souls who think comics were better written in the Gold or Silver Age), we get a panel near the bottom of the page noting that Wonder Woman's plane responded to telepathic commands. He uses funnier phrasing.

There are probably others out there if you want to go Google-mining. WW was never a full telepath in the way the term is used in modern comics, but she could pull a few tricks. Add in her lasso, and she's a powerful mentalist.

OTOH, they amped up Martian Manhunter's fairly basic telepathy to Xavier-like levels in recent years. wouldn't take much for an overzealous writer to do likewise with Diana.

Hey, Supes used to have super-hypnotism too...

OTOH, they amped up Martian Manhunter's fairly basic telepathy to Xavier-like levels in recent years. wouldn't take much for an overzealous writer to do likewise with Diana.

Hey, Supes used to have super-hypnotism too...

Yup, and it was one of his Golden Age powers. He could also do classic Pulp tricks like stopping his heart to simulate death. Most of his mental powers were Doc Savage and Shadow knock offs.

Wow! Very nice write-up! The only thing I'd alter would be upping her COM to 30 (though really, how big of a difference from 26 is that?) and instead of giving her the 10 resitance flat out, I personally would buy it as levels of Combat Luck, OIF (Bracelets) and Restrainable. But that's me.

Well, I definitely wouldn't have written her up nearly as well. You have several things I wouldn't have included, or as high up, which makes me glad that you made her, as this is a better version. :thumbup:

Now, can you make her on 350 points? :D

Now' date=' can you make her on 350 points? :D[/quote']

Sure... if you're talking about the Lynda Carter TV version. :winkgrin:

Actually, I did just that years ago for a "Silly TV Superheroes" game. One of the more ridiculous games I've ever run, and that's saying a lot.

bigdamnhero

“There's not enough beer in the world, Spleen, sorry.â€

Sure... if you're talking about the Lynda Carter TV version. :winkgrin:

Actually, I did just that years ago for a "Silly TV Superheroes" game. One of the more ridiculous games I've ever run, and that's saying a lot.

bigdamnhero

“There's not enough beer in the world, Spleen, sorry.â€

Well, you can get almost the full breadth of Wonder Woman's powers in a 350 point version, or even a 250 point version. The problem is getting the raw power without excessive use of limitations.

+50 STR' date=' Cannot use (-10)[/quote']

Well, that works. :)

Legend has 120 STR on 350 points no problem, and without much tweaking. Athenian has something like 60, more than enough for early Wonder Woman or TV Wonder Woman. It can sort of be done, enough for government work.