CHAR: Wonder Woman

Enforcer84

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CHAR: Wonder Woman

Really? Hmmm' date=' I know I've seen him bleeding from lesser attacks, and he certainly avoids gunfire via deflection a great deal for someone who would basically bounce it. I've always thought that the swords of the Asgardians and it's foes were more powerful than modern weapons, but not more than field artillery piece. Interesting.[/quote']

Isn't it something to do with Thor not being able to shrug off piercing attacks? I think I remember a comic when he was trussed up with thousands of needles.

A Shell is blunt, but sharpened bullets are sharp.

Actually' date=' a more accurate measure of character COM is likely how other characters in the comics react to them.[/quote']

I'm not sure that this is the case.

I think of COM as a measure of "raw beauty", rather than people's responses (which is at least partially a function of PRE, reputation, and behavior).

Given that she is supposed to be blessed by Aphrodite, I think giving Wonder Woman a 30 COM, and compatriots such as Power Girl or Fire less than that, is appropriate. In all likelihood, Diana also warrants a higher PRE than the other two.

At the same time, based on her behavior, she is probably seen as less "approachable" by her male coworkers, which explains the different way people react to her.

Or, more simply:

Fire may have a lower COM and PRE, but she probably has Seduction, and Diana... does not.

;)

I'm not sure that this is the case.

I think of COM as a measure of "raw beauty", rather than people's responses (which is at least partially a function of PRE, reputation, and behavior).

Given that she is supposed to be blessed by Aphrodite, I think giving Wonder Woman a 30 COM, and compatriots such as Power Girl or Fire less than that, is appropriate. In all likelihood, Diana also warrants a higher PRE than the other two.

At the same time, based on her behavior, she is probably seen as less "approachable" by her male coworkers, which explains the different way people react to her.

Or, more simply:

Fire may have a lower COM and PRE, but she probably has Seduction, and Diana... does not.

;)

And she puts out. Diana...does not.

And she puts out. Diana...does not.

Diana's just traditional. Long term relationship or nothing with her. Zatanna, well, she's fond of the quick hook-up. All depends on what you're willing to offer.

You need a lot of charm and confidence to make a relationship work with a JLAer. Or, a Hypno-Ray. Whichever.

Diana's just traditional. Long term relationship or nothing with her. Zatanna, well, she's fond of the quick hook-up. All depends on what you're willing to offer.

You need a lot of charm and confidence to make a relationship work with a JLAer. Or, a Hypno-Ray. Whichever.

Hmmm

Heroines Roy Harper has hooked up with:

Fire

Huntress

Grace (Choi)

Zatanna

Or in his words "You mean extremely attractive women with the bodies of Olympian Goddesses? Most of them."

Hawksmoor

-Out from under his rock...mostly...

Hmmm

Heroines Roy Harper has hooked up with:

Fire

Huntress

Grace (Choi)

Zatanna

Or in his words "You mean extremely attractive women with the bodies of Olympian Goddesses? Most of them."

Hawksmoor

-Out from under his rock...mostly...

That's why they used to call him Speedy.

Only Black Canary and Diana have remained untouched. One is like Mom, and the other is well untouchable.

Hawksmoor

Black Canary was in a committed relationship with Green Arrow for decades, and Diana was with Steve. If the new continuity has neutered them, that's one more reason to ignore it.

Black Canary was in a committed relationship with Green Arrow for decades' date=' and Diana was with Steve. If the new continuity has neutered them, that's one more reason to ignore it.[/quote']

Yeah...I meant by Roy :P

Although I must mention Oracle/Batgirl I and Donna Troy. So far as I can tell Roy never implied getting on with them either.

Some of the writting in Outsiders is just too cool. Especially the Arsenal v. Nightwing beatdown that ended with Jade being put in charge since neither of the 'boys' was up to the job.

Hawksmoor

Black Canary was in a committed relationship with Green Arrow for decades' date=' and Diana was with Steve. If the new continuity has neutered them, that's one more reason to ignore it.[/quote']

Diana hasn't been romantically linked with Steve Trevor since the mid-80s.

She was romantically involved briefly with a couple guys, but generally that's been a highly under-explored aspect of her character. The possibility of her being bisexual(considering she lived for years on an island where only beautiful immortal women lived) has never been broached, which seems odd in this iron-age era.

Not sure why editorial made the decision to keep her typically uninvolved(and usually portrayed as uninterested to boot).

Diana hasn't been romantically linked with Steve Trevor since the mid-80s.

Damn stupid choice. One of the best things in the original Squadron Supreme was the Wonder Woman analog (Power Princess) still loving the man she had fallen for in World War II, and having to deal with his death. It could have been better written, but that was pure Wonder Woman.

She was romantically involved briefly with a couple guys, but generally that's been a highly under-explored aspect of her character. The possibility of her being bisexual(considering she lived for years on an island where only beautiful immortal women lived) has never been broached, which seems odd in this iron-age era.

Not sure why editorial made the decision to keep her typically uninvolved(and usually portrayed as uninterested to boot).

Wonder Woman was never seen as bisexual or lesbian by her creator; she was his ideal woman, and very specifically intended as a counter to the "strong women don't like men" myth. I don't like much of what he came up with, and you could make her bi without serious continuity issues, but I'd rather just see her in a very committed relationship with a worthy male partner.

Damn stupid choice. One of the best things in the original Squadron Supreme was the Wonder Woman analog (Power Princess) still loving the man she had fallen for in World War II, and having to deal with his death. It could have been better written, but that was pure Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman was never seen as bisexual or lesbian by her creator; she was his ideal woman, and very specifically intended as a counter to the "strong women don't like men" myth. I don't like much of what he came up with, and you could make her bi without serious continuity issues, but I'd rather just see her in a very committed relationship with a worthy male partner.

Well, she has been tied up and spanked a lot less since he stopped writing the book.:straight:

In the relaunch, Diana was barely an adult, and Steve Trevor was in his 40s(apparent age, anyway). I guess they figured it'd be a little creepy for them to date. They wanted to avoid the Michael Douglas-Catherine Zeta Jones vibe.

She was in a relationship relatively recently, but her partner died.

They of course have toyed with her being involved with another super, such as Aquaman, Batman or even Superman, and the Apache Chief ripoff in the JLU animated series, but have never really followed through on it(outside of Kingdom Come and Dark Knight Returns 2).

Well' date=' she has been tied up and spanked a lot less since he stopped writing the book.:straight:[/quote']

Yes. In my own WW write up, you'll notice Dr. Marston is described as a "psychologist, pioneer in the use of systolic blood pressure testing for lie detection, feminist, polygamist and bondage aficionado." I think that more or less sums it up. ;)

In the relaunch, Diana was barely an adult, and Steve Trevor was in his 40s(apparent age, anyway). I guess they figured it'd be a little creepy for them to date. They wanted to avoid the Michael Douglas-Catherine Zeta Jones vibe.

And yet they kept Lois.

They of course have toyed with her being involved with another super, such as Aquaman, Batman or even Superman, and the Apache Chief ripoff in the JLU animated series, but have never really followed through on it(outside of Kingdom Come and Dark Knight Returns 2).

Thanks for the update, even if the editors are making a hash of one of my old favorites. The Kingdome Come romance seemed well done; never read DKR2; flipping through it convinced me that Miller, good as he usally is, had produced a bad one.

110 STR seems high to me, but it depends on who's writing her. Sometimes she seems "bench-presses-cars" strong, next issue she's arm-wrestling Superman. Apart from that (and the SPD and rPD issues already discussed), that's a great write-up.

bigdamnhero

"Smoke me a kipper, Skipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

For an extended period in the Justice League comic (in the last few years), Batman and Wonder Woman were in a relationship. Not sure if it got past heavy-duty flirting, but it was fairly substantial--more than say the animated Batman and Wonder Woman's relationship.

For an extended period in the Justice League comic (in the last few years)' date=' Batman and Wonder Woman were in a relationship. Not sure if it got past heavy-duty flirting, but it was fairly substantial--more than say the animated Batman and Wonder Woman's relationship.[/quote']

I could see Bruce impressing her. On the other hand, isn't this the same version of Batman the JLA has been regularly bending over and mind raping for the last year?

Well, she has been tied up and spanked a lot less since he stopped writing the book.:straight:

Teehee.

following the translation fun thread, I took this message to Russian and back. See if you can make heads or tails of it.

In the best way, it was connected upward and spanked much more less in the form of the fact that it it stopped write the book.

In relaunch, Diana was barely adult, and Steve Trevor was found in its time 40s(.apparent, in by bast the case). I guess they she calculated it'd by few creepy for them to date. They wanted to avoid vibe michael Douglas-.Ketriny Zeta Jones.

It was located in the relation relative to nedavn, but it they died participant, it is which.

They of course have toyed with it being vklyuchannymi another super-, such as Aquaman, Batman or even Superman, and ripoff Apache the main thing in JLU animated series, but actually follow never to the end on it (out of the kingdom arrive and dark knight it returns 2).

Re: CHAR: Wonder Woman V.9Wonder WomanVal Char Cost Roll Notes110 STR 100 31- Lift 104.9ktons; 22d6 [11]31 DEX 63 15- OCV: 10/DCV: 1038 CON 56 17-16 BODY 12 12-23 INT 13 14- PER Roll 17-20 EGO 20 13- ECV: 740 PRE 30 17- PRE Attack: 8d626 COM 8 14-18/28 PD -4 Total: 18/28 PD (0/10 rPD)18/28 ED 10 Total: 18/28 ED (0/10 rED)7 SPD 29 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 1230 REC 080 END 295 STUN 5 Total Characteristic Cost: 344Movement: Running: 16"/128" Flight: 30"/60" Leaping: 22"/44" Swimming: 8"/16"Cost Powers END13 Bracelets: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), +5 OCV (30 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1), Will Not Work Against Heavy Missiles (-1/4)25 Enchanted Lasso: Elemental Control, 100-point powers, (50 Active Points); all slots OAF Unbreakable (-1)50 1) Entangle 10d6, 10 DEF, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Takes No Damage From Attacks All Attacks (+1/2) (175 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4), Limited Range (10"; -1/4) 729 2) Mind Control 20d6 (Human and Alien classes of minds), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (165 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1), Only to compell the Truth (-1/2), Only usable against those entangled by Lasso (-1/2), Can Be Missile Deflected (-1/4), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4), Normal Range (-1/4), Limited Range (10"; -1/4)30 Fleet of Foot!: Running +10" (16" total), x8 Noncombat 390 Gift of Flight: Flight 30", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (90 Active Points)6 Strong Swimmer: Swimming +6" (8" total) 1 Durability37 1) Deceptively Tough: Armor (10 PD/10 ED), Always allows 1 BODY through Defenses (+0), Inherent (+1/4) (37 Active Points)14 2) Immortal Amazon - Physiology: LS (Longevity: Immortal; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum)6 3) Pain Tolerance: (Total: 20 Active Cost, 6 Real Cost) +10 Mental Defense (14 points total) (10 Active Points); Only To Resist Pain Attacks (-2) (Real Cost: 3) plus Power Defense (10 points) (10 Active Points); Only To Resist Pain Attacks (-2) (Real Cost: 3)5 4) Really Deep Breath: LS (Self-Contained Breathing) (10 Active Points); Stops Working If Character Speaks, Is Stunned, Or Is Knocked Out (-1/2), Extra Time (Extra Segment, Only to Activate, -1/4), Can Only Be Activated In Breathable Atmosphere (-1/4)60 5) Supertough Body: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 60 Real Cost) Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (Real Cost: 30) plus Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (Real Cost: 30)20 6) Supertough Form I: (Total: 20 Active Cost, 20 Real Cost) Lack Of Weakness (-10) for Normal Defense (Real Cost: 10) plus Lack Of Weakness (-10) for Resistant Defenses (Real Cost: 10)15 7) Supertough Form II: Power Defense (15 points) Optional Equipment44 1) Amazonian Armor: (Total: 64 Active Cost, 44 Real Cost) Armor (12 PD/12 ED), Hardened (x2; +1/2) (54 Active Points); OIF Durable (-1/2) (Real Cost: 36) plus Life Support (Self-Contained Breathing) (10 Active Points); IIF Durable (Armor; -1/4) (Real Cost: 8)50 2) Amazonian Sword: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 3d6+1 (6 1/2d6 w/STR), +1 Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/2) (100 Active Points); OAF Durable (-1) 413 3) Razor Tiara: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), Range Based On Strength (-1/4) 322 Optional Equipment: Shield: Multipower, 45-point reserve, (45 Active Points); all slots OAF Durable (-1)1u 1) Defelection: Incidental: +4 DCV (20 Active Points); OAF Durable (-1) 21u 2) Deflection: Hand to Hand: +5 OCV with Block (5 Active Points); OAF Durable (-1) 12u 3) Deflection: Ranged: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), +5 OCV, Adjacent Hex (+1/2) (45 Active Points); OAF Durable (-1)1u 4) Shield Bash: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6 (25 Active Points); OAF Durable (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 2 Senses9 1) Acute Senses: +3 PER with all Sense Groups20 2) Combat Hearing: Targeting Sense with Hearing Group12 3) Eagle's Vision: +8 versus Range Modifier for Sight Group12 4) Parabolic Hearing: +8 versus Range Modifier for Hearing GroupPankration Maneuver OCV DCV Notes4 Bend Joint -1 +1 2d6 NND4 Break Bone -2 +0 HKA 1d6 +14 Crush +0 +0 26d6 Crush, Must Follow Grab4 Escape +0 +0 125 STR vs. Grabs3 Grab -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 120 STR for holding on3 Kick/Punch +1 +0 24d6 Strike3 Legsweep +2 -1 23d6 Strike, Target Falls3 Sacrifice Throw +2 +1 22d6 Strike; You Fall, Target Falls1 Weapon Element: CestusPerks50 Invisible Jet: Tranasparant Transport10 Contribution to Watchtower5 Fringe Benefit: Diplomatic Immunity10 Fringe Benefit: Membership: Justice League America Senior Member10 Fringe Benefit: Princess5 Money: Well Off15 Reputation: Incredibly respected Heroine (A large group) 14-, +5/+5d63 Well-Connected23 1) Contact: Themyscira (Contact has very useful Skills or resources, Contact is slavishly loyal to character), Organization Contact (x3) (24 Active Points) 12-Talents20 Has a way with the Animals: Animal Friendship15 Speaks to the Beasts: Beast Speech15 Greek Zen: Combat Sense 14-8 Qucker than the Eye can Follow: Lightning Reflexes: +5 DEX to act first with All Actions5 Heals Quickly: Rapid HealingSkills9 +3 with Axes, Swords, Spears, and Shields40 +5 with All Combat2 AK: Olympus 11-3 AK: Themyscira 14-3 Acrobatics 15-3 Breakfall 15-3 Climbing 15-3 Conversation 17-3 High Society 17-3 Hoist 14-3 Interrogation 17-3 Oratory 17-2 PS: Writer 11-3 Paramedics 14-3 Persuasion 17-3 Power: Brick Tricks 14-3 Scholar2 1) KS: Legends And Lore (3 Active Points) 14-2 2) KS: Olympian Pantheon (3 Active Points) 14-2 3) KS: The Superhuman World (3 Active Points) 14-2 4) KS: Themysciran History & Customs (3 Active Points) 14-3 Shadowing 14-3 Stealth 15-8 Survival (Marine, Temperate/Subtropical, Tropical, Mountain) 14-3 Tactics 14-3 Teamwork 15-3 Tracking 14-2 Weapon Familiarity: Chain & Rope Weapons, Sling2 Weapon Familiarity: Common Melee Weapons2 Weapon Familiarity: Common Missile Weapons1 Weapon Familiarity: QuarterstaffTotal Powers & Skill Cost: 940Total Cost: 1284500+ Disadvantages5 Dependent NPC: Cassie (Wondergirl) 8- (Slightly Less Powerful than the PC)5 Distinctive Features: Tall gorgeous woman. (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)15 Hunted: Hippolytia (Mother, a bit over protective) 11- (As Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)20 Hunted: Wonder Woman's Rogues Gallery 11- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)25 Hunted: Ares: 8- (Occasionally), More Powerful, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish20 Psychological Limitation: Dedicated to Peace and Harmony Common, Total10 Psychological Limitation: Militant Background and Bearing conflicts with Hippie Ideals (Uncommon, Strong)15 Psychological Limitation: Takes her responsibility as a role model and icon seriously (Common, Strong)15 Public Identity: Princess Diana: Frequently (11-), Major20 Watched: Olympic Gods: 11- (Frequently), More Powerful, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching634 Experience PointsTotal Disadvantage Points: 1284Background/History: Semi-Divine daughter of the Queen of the Themysciran Amazons. Diana won the right to represent her people to the world at large as an ambassdor and protector of peace. She has since become one of the worlds most visable and most potent protectors.

Acording to DC's Secret Origins, Diana is no longer a Princess. I diverge from this.Personality/Motivation: Seeks to protect and teach humanity the Amazon ways of peace and happiness. But is also a warrior at heart and won't back down from a fight. (occasionally starts them)Quote: "Great Hera!"Powers/Tactics: A powerful Brick with somewhat watered down defensesCampaign Use: Appearance: Tall, leggy brunette with muscles and stuff. Wears a great costume with symbols of American patriotism. Hot.

Nice final version. Liked this in particular:

Militant Background and Bearing conflicts with Hippie Ideals

:)

Almost all versions of WW carry on that "Ambasador of Peace through Hitting People" issue. One of these days I'm going to post Battle Ghandi.