Space Master by ICE

Edsel

In one of my binders I came across a bunch of conversion data that I did once for Space Master to Star Hero. Does anybody play that setting or is there any interest in me posting some of it?

It is mainly racial package deals (replicants and transhumans) and weapon conversions. This was done back around 3rd Edition Hero so I might have to make some minor tweaks to bring it up to 5th Edition rules.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Space Master by ICE

I may get around to it. There did not seem to be too much interest so I have given it a fairly low priority. All of my notes are hard copies so I'd have to re-type everything. If I do get around to it I'll probably make racial templates for all the Transhumans, mutants, aliens, replicants and such in Hero Designer.

I may get around to it. There did not seem to be too much interest so I have given it a fairly low priority. All of my notes are hard copies so I'd have to re-type everything. If I do get around to it I'll probably make racial templates for all the Transhumans' date=' mutants, aliens, replicants and such in Hero Designer.[/quote']

If you want to just scan them and email me the images, I'll type them up for you, if you want. (8^D)

- Christopher Mullins

There did not seem to be too much interest so I have given it a fairly low priority.

"Not too much interest." I've been checking the board every day since you made the announcement.:)

If scanning/emailing is a problem you could copy/mail them. I would be willing to help some.

The "Human" Races

I have finished sprucing up the first part of my conversions of Space Master (2nd Edition) to Hero System (5th Edition). The attached file is a Word document that contains the basic template for all of the Human races:

Neo-Humans; Humanoids I, II & III; Transhumans I through XII; and Replicants I through V.

I had to retype all of these and bring them up to 5th Edition standards since the originals were done decades ago for Star Hero 3rd Edition. I reworked a few along the way since I hope I have gotten better at this over the years.

In later posts I will try to cover Mutations, Androids, Medicinal Tabs, Weapons, Armor and Personal Shields. No promises on how long all of this will take though. It took four or five hours to work through the attached materials.

sorry for not paying attention to this thread til now, I have second edition Spacemaster here, along with the first companion, and the Aliens and Artifacts book, some of hte spacemaster material shows up later in some of the GURPS Traveller books also, mostly some alien races,I have the GT books in question also. what can I do to help

Right now I have been expanding the document I posted earlier, once I have enough added I will update the file and repost it. I have added example "PC Special Abilities" as they were called in SM 2ed.

The next thing I am going to work on is androids. They look as if they will be a lot of work. There are several things I am going to change from my old conversion before I post them.

If you ever did any work on the aliens I'd be interested in seeing it. I never did conversions for them since none of the players were ever much interested in playing an alien.

Its always been a backburner project at best, I tinkered with some of the GT versions for Traveller Hero, but I will have to take a look at what we did, we didnt use them in the TH book due to possible copyright issues, Marc Miller was cool about letting us use the non T20/GT stuff, but we didnt want to push our luck, so avoided anything that was T20/GT specific that didnt have references in other editions

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...