Has anyone worked up a Zeppelin?

TheRavenIs

Re: Has anyone worked up a Zeppelin?

I was wondering how you’d work one up. I am going to try and do one, but I’d like to see how others would do it. Something else to consider, this can be either a true plup workup, or a modern take on one.

Doing one in the classical manner and also in the manner of Grayheart Silver.

They're 4th edition, but the very first Haymaker article I ever wrote had a bunch of them. You can get a PDF of it here: http://www.herostuff.net/spoo

(I had been running a Pulp game at teh time and needed a Zepplelin. Bought a cool book on the history of the zeps and converted several of them).

In addition to the aforementioned TUV writeup, we have the following coming in the future:

--in Masterminds And Madmen, we have six pages of maps of the Skyfortress, the Skymaster's super-zeppelin base, which is large enough to function as an aircraft carrier with its own through deck. The maps were prepared by the boards' very own Publius, and they look awesome!

--in the Pulp Resource Guide, due out later this year, I'm considering having a whole section on all sorts of zeppelins. I don't know if there'll be any maps, but there'd be plenty of information.

Thanks Guys. I was wondering. In the modern Super's game I am running I am going to introduce Zeppelins. Mind you they have advanced engines and use carbon composities and all the cool late 20th and early 21st century tech, and also a wee bit of "Weird or Rubber Science."

--in the Pulp Resource Guide' date='[/i'] due out later this year, I'm considering having a whole section on all sorts of zeppelins. I don't know if there'll be any maps, but there'd be plenty of information.

There are maps for the R101 here -

http://www.aht.ndirect.co.uk/airships/r101/

And I hope it gets included.

There are maps for the R101 here -

http://www.aht.ndirect.co.uk/airships/r101/

And I hope it gets included.

I did a slightly morer cleaned up version of those (with hexes no less) and posted them some time ago. Here they are again:

attachment.php?attachmentid=18579&d=1125585059 Which is the modified version

and

attachment.php?attachmentid=18542&d=1125538609 Which is closer to the original

I dont know how much difference there is between the printings, mine is a first printing I got at a garage sale, and its a really neat book, do let us know what you think of the 3rd printing, I may have to get a new printing, I also just looked at the inside cover of my copy and realized its signed... I hadnt paid attention I guess.

In addition to the aforementioned TUV writeup, we have the following coming in the future:

--in Masterminds And Madmen, we have six pages of maps of the Skyfortress, the Skymaster's super-zeppelin base, which is large enough to function as an aircraft carrier with its own through deck. The maps were prepared by the boards' very own Publius, and they look awesome!

This sounds really cool.

I have a book with deck plans for the Graf Zeppelin and the Hindenberg. I stopped half way through making a version of the GZ with Campaign Cartegrapher for gaming. I need to finish it off, but I've been lazy the last few months.

I have a book with deck plans for the Graf Zeppelin and the Hindenberg. I stopped half way through making a version of the GZ with Campaign Cartegrapher for gaming. I need to finish it off' date=' but I've been lazy the last few months.[/quote']I could really use that book. Have a title?

I could really use that book. Have a title?

Hindenburg: An Illustrated History.

WellFleet Press

ISBN-13: 978-0-7858-1973-8

ISBN-10: 0-7858-1973-8

I saw it for $9.98 on sale clearance B&N last week!

The name is missleading since the book actually covers the whole Zeppelin Era, there are a couple of great pics of upper hull machinegun stations on the WW1 German LZ 38 in 1915. It has extensive pictures of the interiors, both artist and photo's. The Graf Zeppelins deck plan is of the gondola which is where all of its passengers were as well as radio, navigation and bridge. The crew sleep in the body along the axial walkway, but there is no plan. The Hindenburg has a foldout with a nice cutout of the hull showing structure, gas cells and so on. The reverse has a plan showing A and B passenger decks as well as the control car. The crew quarters is located in the cutaway but there isn't a plan. It won't be hard to make the section though, there are enough photo's and descriptions to easily fill in the pieces. all in all the four actual deck plan sheets and the hull cutaway are the best I've seen for my purpose, gaming maps. I know that there have to be better ones out there, but I have never been able to find them.

Hindenburg: An Illustrated History.

WellFleet Press

ISBN-13: 978-0-7858-1973-8

ISBN-10: 0-7858-1973-8

I saw it for $9.98 on sale clearance B&N last week!

Author, copyright date, and publishing date, please? I need that info to make an interlibrary loan request. :)

Author' date='[/quote']

Rick Archbold

copyright date' date=' and[/quote']

1994, 1997, 2005

publishing date' date=' please?[/quote']

I need that info to make an interlibrary loan request. :)

need need need....sheeesh :rolleyes:

Rick Archbold

1994, 1997, 2005

Ah-ha!

Thank you. The local library system does have the 1994 edition, which I already put on hold. I had thought, though, that '94 was too old for it to be in B&N,which is why I thought you were talking about a completely different book, and asked for the info I did.

Well, that's cleared up, and my FNL (Friendly Neighborhood Library) will soon have the book to me. :D