Concept Cars

AlHazred

This may be a little too late-period for Pulp, but...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/funonwheels/01/17/scottsdale_concept_auctions/index.html

Barrett-Jackson is auctioning off a number of concept cars from the 40s and 50s in Scottsdale, AZ. They are fantastic examples of Art Deco automobile styling, worthy of being inspirations for Pulp Hero vehicles. I especially like the GM Futureliner Bus, which would make an interesting group vehicle for a particularly political villain or hero. I'm sure a lot of gadgeteer Pulp Heroes would drive a high tech sports car like the Pontiac Bonneville Special. Mainly, I think this is a great site for the images!

It's tough finding Art Deco images for more futuristic Pulp games; hopefully these images bring some inspiration!

Re: Concept Cars

The bus and the Bonneville would fit right in with Champions games, too.

Actually, come to think of it, they all would, since they're from the Golden/Silver Age period, aren't they?

Well, the bus and the Bonneville just *scream* to be used in a Champions game. Or else a retro DC:TAS one.

Thanks AlHazred. Repped!

when we talk of odd concept cars.. heres one for you from 53 or 54

Corvette Station Wagon...

there were 3 or 4 built, at least one survived into the late seventies or early eighties when they brought it to the Bloomington Gold Corvette Corral, along with the guy who created the vette in the first place

* The General Motors' Motorama show goes on display at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City. Chevrolet shows the Corvette Nomad prototype, with Corvette front and station wagon back. Chevrolet also shows a cherry red Corvair prototype, a two-seat fastback coupe with a Corvette front end. The name is a combination of "Corvette" and "Bel Air". Oldsmobile shows the F-88 two-seater convertible with fiberglass body. (The Corvair idea is dropped, and the style is not related to the later production Corvair. The Nomad becomes a production car, but with styling that departs from the Corvette. The Oldsmobile F-88 is not put into production due to poor sales of the Corvette. In 2005, the F-88 is sold at auction for US$3 million.) [3.18] [215] [259.47] [321.77]

Something considerably more modern, but with its heart in the right place:

http://www.kudzumonthly.com/kudzu/jan03/Atlantic.html

I shun cars (my preferred mode of transport being a Brompton folding bicycle, or my feet) but even I thought this was a beauty when it was first shown to a drooling world.

• 2 weeks later...