Best Martial Artist: Champions Universe

Enforcer84

Re: Best Martial Artist: Champions Universe

Limiting myself to 5th edition, Champions (Not Dark Champions or Ninja Hero) the modern era, and using a mix of "Who is Cool" and "Who is powerful"

I am using the people who use martial arts as their primary attack form (ruling out the Iron Ronin), and who use "Martial Arts" as the special effect for their combat effectiveness. (Sidewinder and Kinetik's speed fighting is more of a mechanic to represent their speed.)

I am not counting weapon based characters ruling out Black Paladin and moving Shugoshin down the list

My List:

1 - Li Chun the Destroyer (Not really fair, but undeniably a martial artist)

2 - Taipan (Viscous)

3 - Telios (Physical Perfection combined with "the fighting arts of a dozen lands" is almost unbeatable)

4 - Fiacho (No spider bites and can whup 3/4 of the Champs U with his bare hands)

5 - Strangler (Don't meet him in a dark alley)

6 - The All-American (Can hold his own against the asian martial artists even without his gadgets)

7 - El Dorado (A classic Utility-Belted martial ***** whupper)

8 - Lam Kuei (Master of Chi)

9 - Nightwind

10 - Shugoshin (Who does just fine even without his swords)

Who IS the man with the eye patch?

as far as i know he only appeared in Watchers of the Dragon and is described thus "His complexion was dark and his long black hair was bound behind his head in a ponytail.A black eyepatch covered his left eye,and his clothes were dark." "he was tall, almost six feet,and well-muscled and lithe." and that all i will say:D

as far as i know he only appeared in Watchers of the Dragon and is described thus "His complexion was dark and his long black hair was bound behind his head in a ponytail.A black eyepatch covered his left eye' date='and his clothes were dark." "he was tall, almost six feet,and well-muscled and lithe." and that all i will say:D[/quote']

That, and he was "at least as good a martial artist as Seeker"; this being the Watchers of the Dragon Seeker, mind, not the BBB one.

As I recall, that means he would have been around 500+ character points, and have some of the hottest chop-socky in the Champs Universe.

And if we're talking Champs martial artists, whatever happened to the Dragon Master?

Criterea is that they have to be considered a Martial Artist. Nightwind has a MP for his abilities, not really a Martial arts package. I'd like to keep Characteristics to "Legendary" status. Gadget users are fine.

Shugoshin qualifies, as does Nighthawk, Shadowdragon is in there but he's not all that great. Green Dragon? Sure.

"Martial Artist" is an archetype. "Martial Arts" in Hero is SFX. A group of Martial Maneuvers is a legitimate mechanic for the MA SFX, as is a MP or a group of CSLs with HTH. Thus, I'd recommend that your criteria be "martial artist archetype and/or martial arts SFX", rather than limiting it to only those characters with a thematically grouped list of Martial Maneuvers and related skills.

I would think the 'he doesn't exsist in 5th Edition' bit would be more pertinent' date=' but I could be wrong about that. Either way, good point Susano.[/quote']

That's what I was wondering, really. I don't have the Champions Universe so I'm not nearly up to date on who's where.

What about Mongoose?

If we are using 4th edition, he goes into about 8th or 9th place behind some of the other heavy hitters.

He has not appeared in 5th edition. (Nor has anyone else from High Tech enemies to my knowledge)

If we are using 4th edition, he goes into about 8th or 9th place behind some of the other heavy hitters.

He has not appeared in 5th edition. (Nor has anyone else from High Tech enemies to my knowledge)

No offense, Jhamin, but I remember Mongoose as coming from Classic Enemies. I *think* you're talking about The Weasel, who's latest incarnation would be Taipan from Champions Worldwide.

No offense' date=' Jhamin, but I remember Mongoose as coming from Classic Enemies. I *think* you're talking about The Weasel, who's latest incarnation would be Taipan from Champions Worldwide.[/quote']

Correct. Mongoose was in CE.

No offense' date=' Jhamin, but I remember Mongoose as coming from Classic Enemies. I *think* you're talking about The Weasel, who's latest incarnation would be Taipan from Champions Worldwide.[/quote']

Me Culpa.

Ok, so my revised statement is "If we are using 4th edition, Weasel goes into about 8th or 9th place behind some of the other heavy hitters.

He has not appeared in 5th edition. (Nor has anyone else from High Tech enemies to my knowledge)"