Weight a minute

6 levels of density increase cost 30 points and 3 END and give:

6†KBR

6 pd

6 ed

and 30 STR

It makes you weigh 6400kg, which is by and large useless to you, but will make it hurt more if you fall off something, and stop you using lifts and quite a lot of floors.

Buying that individually goes like this:

8: 6†KBR (linked strength)

4: 6 pd (linked strength)

4: 6 ed (linked strength)

15: 30 STR (costs 3 END to have on even if not used (say –1/4), no figured characteristics (-1/2), no increased leaping (-1/4: generous? Dunno: 6†of leaping is certainly useful…))

So it costs 31 points and 3 END.

OK. Is this a balanced cost?

Well, first off you have THE WEIGHT. That just is not useful in Hero in 95% of situations: it is far more of a hindrance than a help, so that is probably worth points as some sort of limitation or at least a disadvantage. You only have to make up 1 point.

Now buy down the END of density increase with (say) COSTS END ONLY TO ACTIVATE (a very common strategy with powers that will be on most of the time in combat), and you add 7 points. Remove the custom limitation from the strength to accomplish the same thing and the cost increases by 2 points. Now the cost of DI at 3 END to turn on is 37 points and the cost of the individual powers is 33.

Whichever way I slice it I’m thinking density increase is too much hassle for not enough benefit when compared to the cost of the component parts. Am I deranged? Can someone point out what I’m missing?

Coming next: what’s the big fuss about growth?

Re: Weight a minute

Hmm. Good point...

Generic -1/2 limitation on both; DI now costs 20 points and the scratch build now costs 22.

Limitation savings are worth far less than advantage costs...

I'm going to bed, perchance to dream. Goodnight, matey :)

'Night. Good thing, perhaps. You can sleep on all these troubling thoughts you've been having. ;)

You can stick growth and density in a EC. That's the 'balance' right there.

Of course if you stick both in a EC, the Str doesn't stack...

Huh?

Just because both Density and Growth both provide extra Strength that fact alone does not make using them together a multiple power attack.

Very odd ruling from over 2 years ago. I think his answer came primarily from the perspective of the question of STR as a Power stacking with either of the other 2 powers instead just the other 2 alone.

Anyway, it defeats the purpose of having 2 similar powers in an EM if you can't really get all the benefits of using them together.

8: 6†KBR (linked strength)

4: 6 pd (linked strength)

4: 6 ed (linked strength)

15: 30 STR (costs 3 END to have on even if not used (say –1/4), no figured characteristics (-1/2), no increased leaping (-1/4: generous? Dunno: 6†of leaping is certainly useful…))

So it costs 31 points and 3 END.

OK. Is this a balanced cost?

I think some parts of your brain are working at different speeds than others.

Forget the whole Linked crap, you build is munchkin and technically illegal. However:

8: 6" KBR, Cost END (1 END)

4: 6 PD, Cost END (1 END)

4: 6 ED, Cost END (1 END)

20: +30 STR, No Figured Characteristics (3 END)

Total cost is 36, costs the same END as DI, and you get a Physical Limitation if you say you are always weight 6400kg.

I'd say it's balanced.

Forget the whole Linked crap, you build is munchkin and technically illegal. However:

8: 6" KBR, Cost END (1 END)

4: 6 PD, Cost END (1 END)

4: 6 ED, Cost END (1 END)

20: +30 STR, No Figured Characteristics (3 END)

Total cost is 36, costs the same END as DI, and you get a Physical Limitation if you say you are always weight 6400kg.

I'd say it's balanced.

Not sure why the linked is illegal if the STR is costing END even when not 'in use'. I'm pretty sure -6" leaping has to be worth something.

Incidently, I strongly reccomend using the optional Crushing rules from the Ultimate Brick and the personal gravity rules from the Ultimate Metamorph. They make the drawbacks of DI and Growth mean much more to the characters in game.

Not sure why the linked is illegal if the STR is costing END even when not 'in use'. I'm pretty sure -6" leaping has to be worth something.

Of course it is - avoid the custom limitation and simply sell back 6 " of leaping - totally. legal, easy to justify if you weigh 6200 kg - and worth more points. As it stands now, the only reason to buy DI is so you can framework it and limit it (OHID, for example) without too much trouble. Otherwise, the straight ability buy is probably a better deal.

cheers, Mark

Forget the whole Linked crap, you build is munchkin and technically illegal.

You want to back that up with something other than hot air? Looks legal to me (though I'll admit to rarely using the linked limitation).

-Nate

Well, first off you have THE WEIGHT. That just is not useful in Hero in 95% of situations: it is far more of a hindrance than a help, so that is probably worth points as some sort of limitation or at least a disadvantage. You only have to make up 1 point.

Teleport UAA, Telekinesis, Bricks that have a habit of throwing their opponents,...

If it's useful 5% of the time and you can turn it off when it's not, it's an advantage. If you don't want to weigh 6400kg don't get DI and go with your build.

I'd like to shut off about 20lbs myself.

I think it's illegal because you can't "turn off" your STR. It's always on and therefore you're getting free points out of it.

It is set up so that you have to pay END for the strength whether you are applying it or not: in fact I gave that a -1/4 it probably should be the -1/2 as you would also pay additional END for applying hte strength (which would make the cost 29 points).

You CAN turn off the strength by simply not paying the END on any given phase: no END, no STR, no linked powers and characteristics.

Of course it is - avoid the custom limitation and simply sell back 6 " of leaping - totally. legal, easy to justify if you weigh 6200 kg - and worth more points. As it stands now, the only reason to buy DI is so you can framework it and limit it (OHID, for example) without too much trouble. Otherwise, the straight ability buy is probably a better deal.

cheers, Mark

I agree you can get more points that way: I was trying to be as 'fair' to density increase as I could. Interestingly a -1/4 on 30 points saves you 6 points. Coincidence? I think not.

Of course it saves less in the build as posted. Ah well.

I agree you can get more points that way: I was trying to be as 'fair' to density increase as I could. Interestingly a -1/4 on 30 points saves you 6 points. Coincidence? I think not.

Of course it saves less in the build as posted. Ah well.

Well, let's look at two versions of a character I just posted, one with DI, one with STR, etc.

GALAXY MAN

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

30/270 STR 20 15- / 63- Lift 1600.0kg/450359962737.0ktons; 6d6/54d6 [3/27]

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

28 CON 36 15-

25/49 BODY 30 14- / 19-

18 INT 8 13- PER Roll 13-

14 EGO 8 12- ECV: 5

65 PRE 20 22- PRE Attack: 13d6

20 COM 5 13-

12/81 PD 6 Total: 12/81 PD (0/45 rPD)

12/81 ED 6 Total: 12/81 ED (0/45 rED)

5 SPD 20 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

12 REC 0

56 END 0

54/78 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 189

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Flight: 14"/7168"

Leaping: 6"/12"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

72 Galactic Size Powers: Elemental Control, 180-point powers, (90 Active Points); all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

72 1) Bigger than Big! Taller than Tall!: Growth (+120 STR, +24 BODY, +24 STUN, -24" KB, 2.097E9 kg, -16 DCV, +16 PER Rolls to perceive character, 512 m tall, 256 m wide), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (180 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

72 2) Gravity Warping!: Force Field (45 PD/45 ED), Hardened (x2; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (180 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

74 3) Striding Accross The Galaxy: Flight 14", Position Shift, x512 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; +1) (182 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

Notes: Gravity means nothing to Galaxy Man. He can drift slowly with some precision, "Jog" at over 3 Kilometers per step, or use his Variable Advantage to accellerate to truly absurd speeds.

48 4) Massive Personality!: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 3d6+1, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Penetrating (+1/2), Damage Shield (Offensive; +3/4), Continuous (+1) (187 Active Points); No STR Bonus (-1/2), Always On When In Hero ID (-1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

Notes: Galaxy Man is impossibly dense and massive; just coming near him will eventually destroy most forms of matter.

33 5) Growth Eternal!: Healing 7 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (190 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

Notes: When your body can restructure itself to become half a kilometer tall and absurdly massive, a little thing like repairing damage is child's play. Only the complete dispersion of the atoms making up hi body could truly kill Galaxy Man.

Galactic Powers II, all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

120 1) Heavier than Heavy! Just Galactically Heavy!: Density Increase (2,097,152,000 kg mass, +120 STR, +24 PD/ED, -24" KB), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (180 Active Points); Linked (Bigger than Big! Taller than Tall!; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

324 2) A Man With Big Hands!: Area Of Effect (up to 27" Radius; +1) for up to 270 Active Points of STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (405 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

108 3) Efortless Bigness!: Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) for up to 270 Active Points of STR (135 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

40 4) Little Things Do Not Concern Me!: Life Support (Eating: Character does not eat; Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character does not sleep) (50 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

48 5) Your Puny Attacks Mean Nothing to Galaxy Man!: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

48 6) I'm Far Too Huge to Hurt!: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

48 7) Galactically Dense Brain!: Mental Damage Reduction, 75% (60 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

28 8) Look At Me! I'm Huge!: +35 PRE (35 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

20 9) Uncompromising Bulk!: Power Defense (20 points), Hardened (+1/4) (25 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

68 10) Galactic Senses!: Spatial Awareness (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Microscopic: x1000, Perceive into the "normal" universe when in the Macroverse, and into the Macroverse when still on a human scale, Range, Rapid: x1000, Telescopic: +30, Tracking (85 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

Notes: Galaxy Man senses the gravitic imprint of objects, and is able to do so with astonishing precision on any scale and over vast distances.

20 11) To the Macroverse!: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Related Group of Dimensions, Single Location) (25 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 2

Notes: Galaxy Man can move himself into any layer of the Macroverse, becoming eventually the size of an entire galaxy. When in the Macroverse, his interaction with objects on a less absurd scale should be determined by the GM. See the Ultimate Metamorph for details.

27 Translator Microbes: Universal Translator 20-

11 Your Now is My Then!: Precognitive Clairsentience (Sight Group) (40 Active Points); Precognition Only (-1), Only Knowledge of the history of this timeline (-1), Vague and Unclear (-1/2) 4

Notes: Galaxy Man was born in 3012, and had a life long interest in history. He knows a fair number of facts about the "past", our present, but he can't alway remember them correctly. Further, this may not even be his original timeline, so much of what he knows is probably wrong.

Venusian Aikido

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

5 Redirect +1 +3 Block, Abort

5 Strike +1 +3 6d6 / 54d6 Strike

4 Escape +0 +0 45 STR / 285 STR vs. Grabs

3 Hold -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 40 STR / 280 STR for holding on

Perks

5 Money: Well Off

Notes: Accounting pays well when you're Galaxy Man!

2 Deep Cover: Martin Fishbein, CPA

3 Fringe Benefit: License to practice a profession (CPA), Low-level executive of a minor business, Passport

Talents

In the Galactic Know!

3 1) Absolute Range Sense

3 2) Absolute Time Sense

3 3) Bump Of Direction

3 4) Lightning Calculator

Skills

Hot Accontant Action!

2 1) PS: Tax Acountant 11-

3 2) Bureaucratics 22-

3 3) Computer Programming 13-

3 4) Forgery (Documents, Other Electronic Documentation) 13-

Galactic Hero!

3 1) Deduction 13-

4 2) Navigation (Dimensional, Hyperspace, Space) 13-

4 3) TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Science Fiction & Space Vehicles

3 Scholar

1 1) KS: American Tax Law (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2) KS: Late Twentieth Century Earth History and Culture (2 Active Points) 11-

2 3) KS: The Metahuman World (3 Active Points) 13-

2 4) KS: Things that Man was Not Meant to Know! (3 Active Points) 13-

3 Scientist

1 1) SS: Mathematics 11- (2 Active Points)

2 2) SS: Physics! 13- (3 Active Points)

2 3) SS: Temporal Physics 13- (3 Active Points)

2 4) SS: Weird Science! 13- (3 Active Points)

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 1361

Total Cost: 1550

1000+ Disadvantages

10 Accidental Change into Galaxy Man: When exposed to Temporal Powers, Dimensional Powers or Gravity Powers 11- (Uncommon)

5 Social Limitation: Secretly Martin Fishbein, CPA (Occasionally, Minor)

15 Psychological Limitation: Blissfully unaware of property damage caused by his powers (Common, Strong)

Notes: Galaxy Man is not a casual killer, but he thinks nothing of the absurd amount of property damage he causes just by trying to help.

15 Psychological Limitation: Annoyingly Chirpy and Optimistic, Loves Playing the "Hero" (Very Common, Moderate)

15 Hunted: Heroes, Law Enforcement, Villains, you name it eventually 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

5 Physical Limitation: Not entirely familliar with the culture and history of the early 21st century (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

135 Galaxy Bonus!

350 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 1550

Background/History: A graduate student at the University of Venusburg, Martin Fishbein volunteered for a time travel experiment. Target: Earth, 1980. Unfortunately, things didn't work out as planned. Martin "landed" 25 years late, more than ten years after he was to have been picked up. On the other hand, the side effects of the trip made him into a vastly power superhuman, so there's always an up side.

Martin had planned to observe Earth Culture in the guise of a tax accountant, and had studied his role extensively. He also had the skills to forge a past for himself. He has recently begun using his powers to attempt to help 21st century Earthers, with mixed success.

Personality/Motivation: Martin may have become slightly unhinged due to his trip. Handsome, charming, and almost annoyingly chirpy and cheerful, Martin makes friends easily and then drives them slowly mad. Martin studied the perieod of 1850 to 2020, but tends to make minor mistakes when it comes to any number of small details.

As Galaxy Man, Martin likes to put on a show. He sometimes fails to think through the consequences of, say, growing to 300 feet tall inside an office building, and rarely thinks twice about inflicting outrageous amounts of property damage.

Quote: "I'm bigger than big, taller than tall!"

Powers/Tactics: As a side effect of his transformation, Martin has become almost superhumanly strong and tough. He is skilled in the art of Venusian Aikido, very well trained in the history of Earth's 20th and 21st centuries, and a competent weird scientist. He has been implanted with translator microbes to allow him to communicate with virtually anyone.

Galaxy Man is a walking fold in the fabric of space-time, a gravitic anomaly with a personality. At human size he destroys almost anything he comes into contact with, ignores gravity, can move incredibly quickly in any direction, and can sense his surroundings at an almost primal level. He is also, for all practical purposes, indestructible. He can also get very, very big. At his maximum size while still interacting on a human scale, he can become just over 1/2 Kilometer tall and weigh in at just under 27 Million Kilograms. At that point, use the table in the Ultimate Metamorph on p.21 to determine the absurdly disruptive effects of his presence.

In combat, Martin will use his Aikido. As Galaxy Man, he will generally start out fighting on a human scale before expanding to larger and larger sizes as he tries to subdue his foe.

Galaxy Man is capable of entering the Macroverse.

Campaign Use: Mostly a joke, but if you need a just-this-side-of-Galactus class hero or villain Galaxy Man could work for you.

Appearance: A Martin Fishbein, CPA, a large, handsome, well dressed black man with short black hair and brown eyes.

As Galaxy Man, a huge figure of absolute darkness filled with what appear to be distant stars and galaxies. No practical maximum size, but the largest he becomes before entering the Macroverse is just over half a kilometer tall.

Now, with stats:

GALAXY MAN

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

30/270 STR 20 15- / 63- Lift 26843.5ktons/450359962737.0ktons; 30d6/54d6 [15/27]

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

28 CON 36 15-

25/49 BODY 30 14- / 19-

18 INT 8 13- PER Roll 13-

14 EGO 8 12- ECV: 5

65 PRE 20 22- PRE Attack: 13d6

20 COM 5 13-

36/81 PD 6 Total: 36/81 PD (0/45 rPD)

36/81 ED 6 Total: 36/81 ED (0/45 rED)

5 SPD 20 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

12 REC 0

56 END 0

54/78 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 189

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Flight: 14"/7168"

Leaping: 30"/60"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

72 Galactic Size Powers: Elemental Control, 180-point powers, (90 Active Points); all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

72 1) Bigger than Big! Taller than Tall!: Growth (+120 STR, +24 BODY, +24 STUN, -24" KB, 2.097E9 kg, -16 DCV, +16 PER Rolls to perceive character, 512 m tall, 256 m wide), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (180 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

72 2) Gravity Warping!: Force Field (45 PD/45 ED), Hardened (x2; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (180 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

74 3) Striding Accross The Galaxy: Flight 14", Position Shift, x512 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; +1) (182 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

Notes: Gravity means nothing to Galaxy Man. He can drift slowly with some precision, "Jog" at over 3 Kilometers per step, or use his Variable Advantage to accellerate to truly absurd speeds.

48 4) Massive Personality!: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 3d6+1, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Penetrating (+1/2), Damage Shield (Offensive; +3/4), Continuous (+1) (187 Active Points); No STR Bonus (-1/2), Always On When In Hero ID (-1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

Notes: Galaxy Man is impossibly dense and massive; just coming near him will eventually destroy most forms of matter.

33 5) Growth Eternal!: Healing 7 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (190 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

Notes: When your body can restructure itself to become half a kilometer tall and absurdly massive, a little thing like repairing damage is child's play. Only the complete dispersion of the atoms making up hi body could truly kill Galaxy Man.

Galactic Powers II, all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

60 1) +120 STR (120 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Linked (Bigger than Big! Taller than Tall!; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 12

16 2) +24 PD (24 Active Points); Linked (Bigger than Big! Taller than Tall!; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

16 3) +24 ED (24 Active Points); Linked (Bigger than Big! Taller than Tall!; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

32 4) Knockback Resistance -24" (48 Active Points); Linked (Bigger than Big! Taller than Tall!; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

324 5) A Man With Big Hands!: Area Of Effect (up to 27" Radius; +1) for up to 270 Active Points of STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (405 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

108 6) Efortless Bigness!: Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) for up to 270 Active Points of STR (135 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

40 7) Little Things Do Not Concern Me!: Life Support (Eating: Character does not eat; Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character does not sleep) (50 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

48 8) Your Puny Attacks Mean Nothing to Galaxy Man!: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

48 9) I'm Far Too Huge to Hurt!: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

48 10) Galactically Dense Brain!: Mental Damage Reduction, 75% (60 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

28 11) Look At Me! I'm Huge!: +35 PRE (35 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

20 12) Uncompromising Bulk!: Power Defense (20 points), Hardened (+1/4) (25 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

68 13) Galactic Senses!: Spatial Awareness (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Microscopic: x1000, Perceive into the "normal" universe when in the Macroverse, and into the Macroverse when still on a human scale, Range, Rapid: x1000, Telescopic: +30, Tracking (85 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

Notes: Galaxy Man senses the gravitic imprint of objects, and is able to do so with astonishing precision on any scale and over vast distances.

20 14) To the Macroverse!: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Related Group of Dimensions, Single Location) (25 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 2

Notes: Galaxy Man can move himself into any layer of the Macroverse, becoming eventually the size of an entire galaxy. When in the Macroverse, his interaction with objects on a less absurd scale should be determined by the GM. See the Ultimate Metamorph for details.

27 Translator Microbes: Universal Translator 20-

11 Your Now is My Then!: Precognitive Clairsentience (Sight Group) (40 Active Points); Precognition Only (-1), Only Knowledge of the history of this timeline (-1), Vague and Unclear (-1/2) 4

Notes: Galaxy Man was born in 3012, and had a life long interest in history. He knows a fair number of facts about the "past", our present, but he can't alway remember them correctly. Further, this may not even be his original timeline, so much of what he knows is probably wrong.

Venusian Aikido

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

5 Redirect +1 +3 Block, Abort

5 Strike +1 +3 30d6 / 54d6 Strike

4 Escape +0 +0 165 STR / 285 STR vs. Grabs

3 Hold -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 160 STR / 280 STR for holding on

Perks

5 Money: Well Off

Notes: Accounting pays well when you're Galaxy Man!

2 Deep Cover: Martin Fishbein, CPA

3 Fringe Benefit: License to practice a profession (CPA), Low-level executive of a minor business, Passport

Talents

In the Galactic Know!

3 1) Absolute Range Sense

3 2) Absolute Time Sense

3 3) Bump Of Direction

3 4) Lightning Calculator

Skills

Hot Accontant Action!

2 1) PS: Tax Acountant 11-

3 2) Bureaucratics 22-

3 3) Computer Programming 13-

3 4) Forgery (Documents, Other Electronic Documentation) 13-

Galactic Hero!

3 1) Deduction 13-

4 2) Navigation (Dimensional, Hyperspace, Space) 13-

4 3) TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Science Fiction & Space Vehicles

3 Scholar

1 1) KS: American Tax Law (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2) KS: Late Twentieth Century Earth History and Culture (2 Active Points) 11-

2 3) KS: The Metahuman World (3 Active Points) 13-

2 4) KS: Things that Man was Not Meant to Know! (3 Active Points) 13-

3 Scientist

1 1) SS: Mathematics 11- (2 Active Points)

2 2) SS: Physics! 13- (3 Active Points)

2 3) SS: Temporal Physics 13- (3 Active Points)

2 4) SS: Weird Science! 13- (3 Active Points)

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 1365

Total Cost: 1554

1000+ Disadvantages

10 Accidental Change into Galaxy Man: When exposed to Temporal Powers, Dimensional Powers or Gravity Powers 11- (Uncommon)

5 Social Limitation: Secretly Martin Fishbein, CPA (Occasionally, Minor)

15 Psychological Limitation: Blissfully unaware of property damage caused by his powers (Common, Strong)

Notes: Galaxy Man is not a casual killer, but he thinks nothing of the absurd amount of property damage he causes just by trying to help.

15 Psychological Limitation: Annoyingly Chirpy and Optimistic, Loves Playing the "Hero" (Very Common, Moderate)

15 Hunted: Heroes, Law Enforcement, Villains, you name it eventually 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

5 Physical Limitation: Not entirely familliar with the culture and history of the early 21st century (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

135 Galaxy Bonus!

354 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 1554

So, for this character at least, there's still a savings by using DI. As to "Leaping", reducing the jumping distance of Growth and DI based characters is an optional rule, so I didn't factor it in. Increasing the mass has a few benefits to go with the drawbacks, so I see it as worth -0.

Eh. To me being able to write Density Increase: 15 pts. on the character sheet instead of all the Modified crap' date=' and having everyone understand exactly what I am talking about, is almost worth a few Character Points. :cool:[/quote']

That too. ;)

cheers, Mark

I don't think you can sell back Leaping explicitly. I think you have to either take a physical limitation or a limitation on the power. That's the case with every published character and Hero's official published guidelines.

I can definitely see the rationale when Str is only 1 pt...

I don't think you can sell back Leaping explicitly. I think you have to either take a physical limitation or a limitation on the power. That's the case with every published character and Hero's official published guidelines.

I can definitely see the rationale when Str is only 1 pt...

And again, STR gained by DI does add to leaping; not allowing that is an optional rule.