Teen Zombies (undead in a teen champions game)

wagnern

ok, Nadia (Twilight) is a necromancer in a teen champions game. Now summoning actual undead is difficult in the 30 active point limit. It takes 105 points in powers to be a undead (life support, takes no stunn, and cannot be stunned)

We have worked around this for the moment by having her undead be the physical manifestation of her various powers. (some EB, a TK, some dcv, exc.) but I would like to actualy summon eventualy. ("Rise my minions of undead Rise!!", just does not sound cool if you only have one undead at a time up and it can't do anything but the one power associated with it)

My thought is I could summon 4 100 pt undead with the 30 point active points in the multipower. I would then soup them up with spells. (eather useable by others or Aids)

any suggestions on the best way to work this up? Am I going about this all wrong? Is there a way to do undead, retain the feal of undead, and yet not have 105 pts come right of the top?

thanks

Re: Teen Zombies (undead in a teen champions game)

First, where are you finding the 100pt+ undead from (so I can consider purchasing that for my own Teen Champions game). Instead of summoning human zombies, could you ask the GM to give you a break on undead animals? Like cats and dogs that have been roadkill? Maybe undead rats or bats?

ok, Nadia (Twilight) is a necromancer in a teen champions game. Now summoning actual undead is difficult in the 30 active point limit. It takes 105 points in powers to be a undead (life support, takes no stunn, and cannot be stunned)

We have worked around this for the moment by having her undead be the physical manifestation of her various powers. (some EB, a TK, some dcv, exc.) but I would like to actualy summon eventualy. ("Rise my minions of undead Rise!!", just does not sound cool if you only have one undead at a time up and it can't do anything but the one power associated with it)

My thought is I could summon 4 100 pt undead with the 30 point active points in the multipower. I would then soup them up with spells. (eather useable by others or Aids)

any suggestions on the best way to work this up? Am I going about this all wrong? Is there a way to do undead, retain the feal of undead, and yet not have 105 pts come right of the top?

thanks

If you're just wanting to mimic undead powers, that'd be easy. First off, you can buy the Life supports seperatly to avoid the 30 active point limit. Second, You could do things like desolidification, mind control (fear), enhanced senses (detect life), claws(kinda iffy), or even necromantic force fields (screaming souls wrapped around you.)

If you're trying to figure out how to summon undead, try building a new skeleton instead of using the one that's in the book. If i remember correctly the summon power works off of the starting points of what you're summoning, not the total (after disads.) I might be wrong on this, so double check first, but if that's right then you could build a skeleton that's only a little better than a regular human, and use disads to give it the automaton powers. It won't be the most powerful undead, but you're still a teen right? So you're powers need somewhere to grow. :)

Hope this helps.

I made the 100 pt undead, but quite franly it might be best to summon a janitor instead of him.

undead

Player: Val Char Cost 10 STR0 10 DEX0 10 CON0 6 BODY-8 5 INT-5 0 EGO0 10 PRE0 4 COM-3

2 PD3 2 ED3 2 SPD0 4 REC0 20 END0

6" RUN0 2" SWIM0 2" LEAP0 Characteristics Cost: -10

Cost Power END 45 Automaton (Takes No STUN (loses abilities when takes BODY)) 0 15 Automaton (Cannot Be Stunned) 0 3 Damage Resistance (1 PD/1 ED) 0 45 Life Support (Eating: Character does not eat; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character does not sleep) 0 Powers Cost: 108

Cost Skill 2 Language: Romanian (fluent conversation) Skills Cost: 2

Total Character Cost: 100

Val Disadvantages 25 Distinctive Features: skeleton (Not Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 10 Physical Limitation: No Sense of Taste or Smell (Frequently, Slightly Impairing) 15 Susceptibility: Holy stuff, 1d6 damage per Phase (Uncommon)

Disadvantage Points: 50

Base Points: 50

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

See, he is undead, but not much else.

Well, here' s a tiny start. Sell off the 2" of Swimming, 2" leaping and maybe 1" of Running.

I made the 100 pt undead, but quite franly it might be best to summon a janitor instead of him.

2 Language: Romanian (fluent conversation)

Why does your undead know Romanian? I'm thinking that's another 2 points you can get rid of. So, there's 8 points, which can go into a HtH attack, maybe? :confused:

EDIT: In the game, is it 30 Active Points, or 30 real points with a higher Active cap? If there's a higher Active Cap, there are always some disads to take (which is very appropriate for a Teen Game).

Yeh, drop the language, add MUTE disad, unless you want them to be talking zombies ("More Brains!", "I Want My Cake Bedeliah!"). Odd diet (Brains) might figure into some disad points too.

But back to the matter of summoning them: Can't recall if summoning in a multipower causes the summoned to vanish when you reallocate the points, but I don't think it does, so yer probably safe there.

(Teen Necromancer sounds like an enemy for my Teenage Zombie, Sleepwalker)

Ding! Ding! Ding! :celebrate

Okay, good news! Looking into Fantasy Hero Grimoire, I see that you may summon a 147-pt ghouls (29 active points!) for 4 Character points! (Sure, it takes 20 minutes, and there's a total of -4 in disads, but still). Skeletons and Zombies are 46 AP (6 cp).

Now, where do you find a 147 pt ghoul write up? I'm guessing Fantasy HERO Monsters, Minions, and Marauders, but I don't have that book. :o

See, he is undead, but not much else.

ok, drop the dex a lil, maybe 8 or so, make the romainian his everyman language (if story fits for where the undead is coming from) and give him a sword or gun. Can make a 2d6 RKA, -1 OAF, -2 Independent, 9-12 charges for 7 pts, or a enchanted blade, 2d6 HKA, -1 OAF, -2 Independent, -1/2 Str Min 10 for 7 points.

• 6 years later...

Teen zombies is my favourite game and i would like to spend my more time on this and its alot entertaining so will you plz suggest me the more gamessss.....
Not sure what you are asking for. You like zombie survival games where the characters are teenagers or games where the characters are teenage zombies or something else entirely? The Hero System rulw books have all the powers and abilities needed to make zombies for a game as either characters or enemies. The Bestiary has examples of multiple types of undead including skeleton, zombie, vampire and more plus some fun Asian folk monsters, dinosaurs, classic fantasy monsters, and a ton of real world animals. Do you play Hero?