Where would you go?

starblaze

Hi,

I am running a Silver Age Champions game set in San Francisco in the year 1964. My players all go to Stanford University and they are due to return to classes in the spring semester. They are planning to go somewhere special for spring break. So here is the question.

You are a young fun-loving superhero and you have enough money to pretty much go anywhere you want. Where would you go?

Re: Where would you go?

Hi,

I am running a Silver Age Champions game set in San Francisco in the year 1964. My players all go to Stanford University and they are due to return to classes in the spring semester. They are planning to go somewhere special for spring break. So here is the question.

You are a young fun-loving superhero and you have enough money to pretty much go anywhere you want. Where would you go?

:confused:

I don't understand, are you saying the players will be going somewhere special for spring break or their characters will?

Spring break, 1964, huh? Even I was a little young to be doing that. You might think about a nice year long vacation someplace hot and muggy, with rice paddies, like Viet Nam. It was just getting started and might be the place to go this season. Then there is the Peace Corp, also new and exciting if you want to help people around the world but I think that was a year long gig too. If not, Malibu, San Diego, Santa Cruz or Hawaii for surfing, very hot about then. How about getting away from it all a little closer to home and hiking the Muir Trail? There is also the traditional backpacking around Europe. Dayton was getting big. Can't think of anything else right off the top of my head . . .

Spring of 64 is a little bit before the incident in The Gulf of Tonkin, so The Vietnam war is on the horizon. Civil Rights is on full swing down south. The thre civil rights workers are due to go missing some time in June, I believe. The Whiskey-a-Go-Go is going to open up in California that year not certain on the exact date. Europe would be great, I think.

Doc sez...

If this is supposed to be a relaxing vacation send them anywhere warm and sunny. However, if you are looking to make this a "working vacation" then on March 13th the Kitty Genovese occurs in NYC (perhaps they might be able to rescue her) or in Alaska on the 27th is the Good Easter Earthquake in Anchorage (perhaps they accidentally boarded the wrong plane).

Doc Tough