G.i. Joe Hero

Melkor

Hi folks,

Long time since I have been on the forums, but I am trying to get back into HERO, and thought I would work towards a GI JOE campaign.

I'm sure somebody has worked up some HERO stuff for G.I. JOE (VIPER practically screams Cobra), and I was wondering if anyone had links to any conversion write ups ?

Thanks.

Re: G.i. Joe Hero

I'd probably be going for a newer spin on GI Joe....The Devil's Due Comic Book versions' date=' or the SIGMA 6 Cartoon/Comic Book versions.[/quote']

If you use the America's Elite version or Sigma Six, you'll have the benefit of having a small team, and every Joe is a PC. However, the former version is a fairly dark universe, so you may want to discuss it with the players to make sure they're okay with it.

Here are the latest discussions about the comic book, in case you're interested. Keep in mind that spoilers abound here:

http://www.devilsdue.net/forums/

They did get shot in the comic books. Even the Marvel comicbook, several characters even died [most notably when about a half dozen of them were captured by Cobra, put up against a wall and summariliy executed by a SAW Viper.] Said comic also proved that Destro's facemask was protective as well as functional [when somebody was foolish enough to punch him in the face in a fight.]

SPOILERS for people who didn't read the Devil's Due Comics, although the news is about a year old:

General Hawk was shot by Zartan (disguised as Cobra Commander) and is wheelchair-bound. He is not on active duty, and is obsessed with capturing or killing Cobra Commander, whom he thinks put him in his current condition.

Also, Lady Jaye was killed in the finale of A Real American Hero. This caused Flint to be bitter and bloodthirsty in America's Elite.