Invisable : Features

Mr.Haze

Ok trolling for suggestions on how to build a power. I suspect I am overthinking a ski mask but here goes.

I an trying to come up with a power with the purpose to disguise identifiable features. Yet, I want to build it without using an instant change into a full body suit.

Maybe some form of invisablility that either blurs or otherwise obscures the face etc without granting other benefits sort of an invis with a really obvious fringe?

The other possiblity is an after effect which would cause persons who did see the charector to be unable to remember details of his apearance after the fact, altough in this case i'd need a way to avoid being caught on camera.

Any brilliant ideas out there ?

Re: Invisable : Features

Depends on what exactly you want people to see...

Images, in a highly limited form, can be used to alter or conceal features (The Question from Justice League Unlimited comes to mind), though Shapeshift will work in a different way (changing the actual features rather than just the appearance; important for nonstandard senses).

You can even buy Disguise skill adds and call it a superpower.

Mental Illusionmight do what you suggest, but I think it would be so modified it would hardly be worth the work, and probably still too expensive.

It really depends on the special effects and specific result you want.

Ski Mask: Shape Shift: Sight Group, Face Only (-1 1/2), OIF (-1/2) [10 Active Points, 3 Real Points]

Or you could realize that this is being completely overthought and state that the person is wearing a common object available in most sporting goods and/or large clothing stores. And just say "He's wearing a ski mask, you can't tell what his features are."

Yeah, if it's literally just a ski mask then have the character wear a ski mask for zero points. (As a normal ski mask, it can be grabbed, not to mention the fact that the character will be wearing a ski mask and will stand out.)

If you actually want an anti-recognition mind control field, then buy Shape Shift to Sight, special effect being that people don't remember what the character looked like, Limitation: overcome by sufficient Mental Defense.

I can guarantee you I am overthinking this but I have found of late that it helps me wrap my mind around this system better ;)

The effect I had originally in my head was an opaque force field , the charector is easily targeted but not readily identifiable. Of course in this example some form of personal immunity would be a must, as i was not planning on becomeing Capt Guy in a hefty bag.

Presence = 0...save ten points! :thumbup:

... And be scared to death every time a door slams. :rolleyes:

Maybe you're trying too hard. If it's just the same as putting on a mask then the Disad: Secret ID should be enough. If all you're doing is concealing your features you should just call it special effects and move on.

I can guarantee you I am overthinking this but I have found of late that it helps me wrap my mind around this system better ;)

The effect I had originally in my head was an opaque force field , the charector is easily targeted but not readily identifiable. Of course in this example some form of personal immunity would be a must, as i was not planning on becomeing Capt Guy in a hefty bag.

As long as you know you're ovethinking...

I personally think the Images example is not only the easiest but the best option. Everything else is overworking what it really going on: Appearance changing.

This is definately overthinking, Mr. Haze.

I'd say that the Distinctive Features Disad should cure all your ills over this. Make this DF easily concealable and just say Skimaskman is concealing his features easily. Done.

Also, depending upon genre, concealing odd features might even be easier. In the superheroic/Champions genre for example, a trenchcoat and had effectively conceal all but the most extremes deviations from human appearance (such as 10 foot long slimy tenticles). Everything else, from green skin and glowing eyes, are completely masked unless the character is under close scrutiny. In a fantasy genre, you get the same effect with a dark hooded cloak. In a Dark Champions or horror genre, all you need is a shadow deep enough to a man to stand in.

I designed a character once that had "Farie Mists", of the White Wolf kind - the kind that made people's mind's hazy when trying to recall the individual's appearance.

I did it as Invisibility, with the limitation "only vs. Identification". It worked OK for 1 or two senses, but in retrospect I probably should have taken it for all senses, which would have gotten pricey pretty fast.

Presence = 0...save ten points! :thumbup:

Yeah, but how do you do a character based on the Question, who uses his lack of facial features as a presence attack. (Or as he asked your usual avatar (the Riddler) in their first (only?) meeting "Riddle me this: What does your face look like before your born?" )