[Online Game]New 'Marvel: Next Generation' game

Snake Gandhi

Re: [Online Game]New 'Marvel: Next Generation' game

Ok, no stats, but I spent a few minutes on HeroMachine. Please say hello to Eva Von Doom.

Before I get into character design, I need to know what Doom's current status is . That will influence Eva's background, motivation, and powerset.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, no stats, but I spent a few minutes on HeroMachine. Please say hello to Eva Von Doom.

Before I get into character design, I need to know what Doom's current status is . That will influence Eva's background, motivation, and powerset.

That would be up to you.

AFAIK the Good Doctor hasn't been mentioned at all in anyones backgroud, so its pretty much up to you what he's been doing these past 20-30 years and if he's still around or not.

Also, just out of curiosity, do you plan on her using 'Dr Doom' as her hero name? I ask because, if so, that could make introductions quite amusing:) Heck, you could even by a nice Reputation bonus based on the fact that people mistake her for that other Dr Doom;)

With a PhD in Comicbook Science, she would insist on being called Dr Von Doom. What the papers called her might differ (and would probably irritate her.)

If Doom is still alive, I see them as estranged but not enemies. These two are too proud and headstrong to have survived her adolecence amicably.

Oh. I'm sure I can do better that that. Any non-Sue ideas on who her mother should be?

Emma Frost, the White Queen of the Hellfire Club -- she has the strong will, intelligence and power, plus artistocratic pretentions ("Queen")

Crystal -- she IS an aristocrat, a member of the royal family of the Inhumans (Doom seems attracted to aristocratic bloodlines); Crystal is the wife of the Human Torch, so seducing her would be quite a coup against the hated Fantastic Four...or it might have been part of one of Doom's plots

Morgali of the Winding Roads -- very powerful mystic, descended from ancient nobility; usually appears as a lovely woman with broad curling ram's horns; Nightcrawler's foster-mother

Harmony Summers aka Dancer

She's a young mage born with the seeds of Chaos inside her. She specializes in Movement spells (eg. Megascale Running, Teleport, Dimensional Movement, Open Doors/Locks) and Elemental Air magic (eg. Extended Breathing, Flight, Summon Air Elemental, Lightning, Illusion).

Though Dancer's "Thunderstroke" attack is widely believed to be an offensive spell, it's not. It's a varient on the "optic blast" she inherited from her father, Cyclops.

She is Hunted by Mojo and his agents.

She has a Rivalry with Spiral, her mother.

I'd like to give Dancer Dr. Strange as a Contact -- or perhaps Clea, since she'd be less expensive.

She has a Distinctive Feature; two sets of arms, which she hides with disguise or illusion. Both sets of arms are fully functional.

She now has Accidental Change into Mayhem, a personality/being who is not actively evil, but amoral, reckless and utterly chaotic.

Guest WhammeWhamme

Seems to still be open, yes?

What exactly is that status of Kang (apparently it's mentioned by someone's background...?)?

And who _would_ be a good match? (hmmm)

Bullseye, Elektra, Archangel, Mr. Sinister, Dark Phoenix, Apocalypse, Mystique, Callisto/Morlocks...

ack!!!

Longshot/Mojo, Weapon X program...

argghhh!

ok, what 'archtypes' do we have already?

the way those aids synergize with your powers seems a bit overly potent

Perhaps, but the Nega Bands are cosmic energy batteries. It's hard to separate them from the aids.

In the traditional Mar-Vel write-ups that I could find (I found several) they listed the Nega bands as providing a ton of powers and the ability to enhance those powers as they absorb more energy. In ECHO's case he already has powers and though he wears the Nega bands, he has not grown to the point where he would be considered Protector of the Universe. He's still growing and his lack of skills will reflect that. So, until he has absolute mastery over the Nega Bands he'll be using them primarily to enhance his own powers with Cosmic Energy, thus the Aids.

Remember, as he aids his Cosmic Powers he'll have to enhance his EC as well as the 1 power within the EC (that’s why he can enhance 2 things at once). And no matter how much he aids his power it can never surpass his EC total.

Also, there's the fact that it takes 9 END for every Aid PLUS 9 END for just about every other power in the Nega Bands Multi Power. You'll notice that Echo only begins with 100 END and 10 REC in his END BAT. That will force him to be judicious throughout a battle lest he run the Nega Bands to empty before he can absorb more energy (if there IS energy to be absorbed).

He is also lacking any defenses other than the obvious. His lack of growth as a hero has left him severely deficient in the Mental Defense/Flash Defense/Power Defense areas. I'm sure that he'll learn from experience that the Nega Bands can help, but only if he bends his will in that direction.

In the end he IS a 600 point character :D If he's in a GROUP of 600 point characters I'll bet the villains we face will be dangerous enough to make those Aids necessary.

ALL HAIL THE COSMIC CHOIR!

sorry, I got carried away.:o

Perhaps, but the Nega Bands are cosmic energy batteries. It's hard to separate them from the aids.

In the traditional Mar-Vel write-ups that I could find (I found several) they listed the Nega bands as providing a ton of powers and the ability to enhance those powers as they absorb more energy. In ECHO's case he already has powers and though he wears the Nega bands, he has not grown to the point where he would be considered Protector of the Universe. He's still growing and his lack of skills will reflect that. So, until he has absolute mastery over the Nega Bands he'll be using them primarily to enhance his own powers with Cosmic Energy, thus the Aids.

Remember, as he aids his Cosmic Powers he'll have to enhance his EC as well as the 1 power within the EC (that’s why he can enhance 2 things at once). And no matter how much he aids his power it can never surpass his EC total.

Also, there's the fact that it takes 9 END for every Aid PLUS 9 END for just about every other power in the Nega Bands Multi Power. You'll notice that Echo only begins with 100 END and 10 REC in his END BAT. That will force him to be judicious throughout a battle lest he run the Nega Bands to empty before he can absorb more energy (if there IS energy to be absorbed).

He is also lacking any defenses other than the obvious. His lack of growth as a hero has left him severely deficient in the Mental Defense/Flash Defense/Power Defense areas. I'm sure that he'll learn from experience that the Nega Bands can help, but only if he bends his will in that direction.

In the end he IS a 600 point character :D If he's in a GROUP of 600 point characters I'll bet the villains we face will be dangerous enough to make those Aids necessary.

ALL HAIL THE COSMIC CHOIR!

sorry, I got carried away.:o

One thing? I don't think the Cosmic Awareness had anything to do with the negabands. IIRC, it was granted to MarVell by Eternity when he made Marv the Protector of the Universe; the negabands were created by a scientist on Earth.

Seems to still be open, yes?

What exactly is that status of Kang (apparently it's mentioned by someone's background...?)?

And who _would_ be a good match? (hmmm)

As someone alluded to already, my character, Dynasty, is a Kang's grandson from the far future. He knows of Kang's identities as Rama Tut and the Scarlet Centurion, but is unaware of the relationship to Dr. Doom or even Immortus, whom he counts as an ally and mentor. The fun thing about Kang, though, is that with all the timelines and alternate identities, it would not be completely out of the question for another descendant to exist somehow. In fact, it could be interesting, especially if one were searching for a rival...

:think::sneaky: