[Online Game]New 'Marvel: Next Generation' game

Snake Gandhi

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Singularity

How about a character with a Thunderbolt tie in –

Shortly before the Thunderbolts were sent off to Counter Earth, Moonstone had been working closely with Graviton. They had been together for an extended period.

Here is where I want history to diverge a bit. During one of their rare open moments during therapy sessions Graviton and Moonstone began a short lived affair. When Moonstone was sent to Counter Earth she was pregnant and didn’t know it. When she took the second Moonstone from Phantom Eagle to boost her powers this affected the already mutated fetus. The baby was born shortly after Moonstone’s return to Earth. Zemo took the moonstone from her during the birth, but the second moonstone fused with the baby. ISSAC, who had been watching Moonstone for some time due to the Kree connection to the moonstone, projected that the child would be more powerful than either of his parents and would need special care if he was not to grow up to be a terrible danger to the entire solar system. ISSAC sent Captain Marvel to take the baby at birth. Moonstone was so messed up by Zemo’s machinations that she lost memory of the child.

Adam Sofen Hall, as the boy was named, grew up on Titan under the tutelage of ISSAC, Starfox, Genis, and others. His powers manifested early and he was trained in their use from childhood. When he was in his late teens his father reappeared. Long thought dead in the event that had sent the Thunderbolts to Counter Earth, Graviton returned from another extra-dimensional prison more powerful and more insane than ever. He vowed to collapse the Sun into a Black Hole. Numerous heroes and groups tried to stop him, but it was not until Adam, who took the name Singualrity, faced his father and managed to counter much of his gravitational control, that the other heroes were able to defeat him.

Adam returned to Titan, but realized he could no longer ignore his heritage. At the age of 18 he went to Earth, enrolled in Empire State Univ. and began to discover his homeworld. While a student he played part time hero. Upon graduation he decided to follow in his mothers footsteps and sought out the Thunderbolts.

Singularity has his mothers enhanced physical powers, super strength, speed, and endurance, as well as the gravitational powers shared by both his parents. As he grows so do his powers. Adam has the potential to become, like his father, one of the most powerful beings on the planet.

This is a rough draft. But I will have something ready by Saturday. Let me know what you think.

Re: [Online Game]New 'Marvel: Next Generation' game

I am far from an expert at Champions and have no experience in online games, but I have played in high point games a few times. Crusher is built to able to dish out and take a 90 AP attack, but if everyone is going for closer to 75 I'll tone him down a bit. I noticed many of the characters are not designed to resist an 18 dice attack. Is this too soon to discuss things like builds and points?

Please let me know what you think. Also what is the best export template for posting HD2 on the Hero Boards?

Singularity

Player: Thomas McManus

Val Char Cost

45/80 STR 35

23 DEX 39

33 CON 46

18 BODY 16

18 INT 8

11 EGO 2

15 PRE 5

14 COM 2

10/25 PD 1

10/25 ED 3

5 SPD 17

16/56 REC 0

80 END 7

60 STUN 2

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

9"/16" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 183

Cost Power

20 Gravity Powers: Elemental Control, 40-point powers

25 1) Structural Reinforcement: Armor (15 PD/15 ED) (45 Active Points)

20 2) Gravitaitonal Propulsion I: Flight 20" (40 Active Points)

13 3) Molecular Phasing: Desolidification (affected by Sonic) (40 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2)

80 Gravitation Control: Multipower, 80-point reserve

8u 1) Gravity Boost: (Total: 79 Active Cost, 79 Real Cost) +35 STR, No Figured Characteristics (+0), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (52 Active Points) (Real Cost: 52) plus Armor (9 PD/9 ED) (Real Cost: 27)

8u 2) Graviton Cascade: Energy Blast 16d6 (80 Active Points)

5u 3) Gravity Lens: Energy Blast 10d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2) (75 Active Points); Beam (-1/4), Does not work in Darkness Power does not work in Uncommon Circumstances (-1/4)

8u 4) Gravity Well II: Entangle 8d6, 8 DEF (80 Active Points)

8u 5) Extended Gravity Well: Entangle 4d6, 4 DEF, Area Of Effect (4" Radius; +1) (80 Active Points)

8u 6) Gravity Barrier: Force Wall (12 PD/12 ED; 8" long and 4" tall) (80 Active Points)

8u 7) Gravity Manipulation: Telekinesis (53 STR) (80 Active Points)

8u 8) Phased Gravity Manipulation: Telekinesis (35 STR), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2) (79 Active Points)

8u 9) Mass Gravity Manipulation: Telekinesis (23 STR), Area Of Effect (3" Radius; +1), Selective (+1/4) (78 Active Points)

8u 10) Gravity Propulsion II: (Total: 80 Active Cost, 80 Real Cost) Flight 10", MegaScale (1" = 1 million km; +1 3/4), Can Be Scaled Down: 1" = 1km (+1/4) (60 Active Points) (Real Cost: 60) plus Force Field (10 PD/10 ED) (Real Cost: 20)

8u 11) Gravity Absorption: +40 REC (80 Active Points)

3u 12) Gravity Gift I: Flight 9", Usable Simultaneously (up to 16 people at once; +1 1/4) (40 Active Points); Limited Power Does not add to own flight (-1/2)

3u 13) Gravity Gift II: Force Field (9 PD/9 ED), Usable Simultaneously (up to 16 people at once; +1 1/4) (40 Active Points); Limited Power Not on self (-1/2)

4u 14) Gravity Gift III: Desolidification (affected by Sonic), Usable Simultaneously (up to 8 people at once; +1) (80 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), Limited Power Not on self (-1/2)

23 Gravitational Awareness: Spatial Awareness (Unusual Group), Telescopic (+1 versus Range Modifier)

19 Life Support (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing)

10 Gravitational Grounding: Knockback Resistance -5"

7 Instant Change: Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (into and out of Superhero costume) (10 Active Points); Limited Target (Clothes) Limited (-1/2)

Benefits of training on Titan

10 1) Whole Body Training: (Total: 10 Active Cost, 10 Real Cost) Lack Of Weakness (-5) for Normal Defense (Real Cost: 5) plus Lack Of Weakness (-5) for Resistant Defenses (Real Cost: 5)

5 2) Centered Mind: Mental Defense (7 points total)

5 3) Cosmically Centered: Power Defense (5 points)

10 4) Cosmically Activated: Luck 2d6

Powers Cost: 342

Cost Skill

Everyman Skills - Titan

0 1) AK: Solar System 8-

0 2) Acting 8-

0 3) Climbing 8-

0 4) Computer Programming 8-

0 5) Concealment 8-

0 6) Conversation 8-

0 7) Deduction 8-

0 8) Native Language: Titanian (idiomatic; Literate) (4 Active Points)

0 9) PS: Student (Everyman Skill) 11-

0 10) Paramedics 8-

0 11) Persuasion 8-

0 12) Shadowing 8-

0 13) Stealth 8-

0 14) TF: Personal-Use Spacecraft

3 Analyze: Combat 13-

9 +3 with Strike, Grab, & Throw

6 +2 with Multipower

3 KS: Earth History 13-

3 KS: Solar System History 13-

2 KS: Galactic History 11-

2 KS: Earth Supers 11-

3 KS: Galactic Civilizations 13-

2 CuK: Kree 11-

3 CuK: Titanians 13-

3 Language: Kree (fluent conversation; literate)

4 Language: English (completely fluent; literate)

2 Navigation (Space) 13-

3 Oratory 12-

3 Power: Gravity Control 13-

3 Power: Brick Tricks 18- (25-)

2 PS: Teacher 11-

2 PS: Researcher 11-

3 SS: Gravitational Theory 13-

2 SS: Physics 11-

2 SS: Astronomy 11-

3 Tactics 13-

3 Teamwork 14-

1 TF: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles

Skills Cost: 72

Cost Talent

3 Bump Of Direction

Talents Cost: 3

Total Character Cost: 600

Pts. Disadvantage

15 Enraged: Innocents Killed (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 11-

15 Hunted: Graviton 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

20 Hunted: Mystery Hunted 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

10 Physical Limitation: Unfamiliar wiht Earth Culture (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)

15 Psychological Limitation: Reluctant to Kill (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Driven by Family History to Become Hero (Common, Total)

5 Psychological Limitation: Concerned about his own corruption (Uncommon, Moderate)

20 Psychological Limitation: Takes his responsibilities seriously (Very Common, Strong)

10 Social Limitation: Stranger in a Strange Land (Frequently, Minor)

5 Social Limitation: Family Connections : Graviton & Moonstone (Occasionally, Minor)

15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Very Frequently, Minor)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 450

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Background/History: Shortly before the Thunderbolts were sent off to Counter Earth, Moonstone had been working closely with Graviton. They had been together for an extended period. During one of their rare open moments during therapy sessions Graviton and Moonstone began a short lived affair. When Moonstone was sent to Counter Earth she was pregnant and didn’t know it. When she took the second Moonstone from Phantom Eagle to boost her powers this affected the already mutated fetus. The baby was born shortly after Moonstone’s return to Earth. Zemo took the moonstone from her during the birth, but the second moonstone fused with the baby. ISSAC, who had been watching Moonstone for some time due to the Kree connection to the moonstone, projected that the child would be more powerful than either of his parents and would need special care if he was not to grow up to be a terrible danger to the entire solar system. ISSAC sent Captain Marvel to take the baby at birth. Moonstone was so messed up by Zemo’s machinations that she lost memory of the child.

Adam Sofen Hall, as the boy was named, grew up on Titan under the tutelage of ISSAC, Starfox, Genis, and others. His powers manifested early and he was trained in their use from childhood. When he was in his late teens his father reappeared. Long thought dead in the event that had sent the Thunderbolts to Counter Earth, Graviton returned from another extra-dimensional prison more powerful and more insane than ever. He vowed to collapse the Sun into a Black Hole. Numerous heroes and groups tried to stop him, but it was not until Adam, who took the name Singualrity, faced his father and managed to counter much of his gravitational control, that the other heroes were able to defeat him.

Adam returned to Titan, but realized he could no longer ignore his heritage. At the age of 18 he went to Earth, enrolled in Empire State Univ. and began to discover his homeworld. While a student he played part time hero. Upon graduation with degrees in history and education he decided to follow in his mother's footsteps and sought out the Thunderbolts.

Personality/Motivation: Adam's family history weighs heavily on him. He was taught their true background and knows that even at her best; his mother was not much of a hero. And his father nearly destroyed the whole solar system. He was taught to care for all sentient life. He takes his teachings very seriously. When he came to Earth, he came to do good. He wants to protect the people of the Earth from dangers such as his father. But he also wants to learn more about this strange world of his birth. He is friendly, if a bit naive and otherworldly. But he trained most of his life as a warrior as well and is not afraid to use his power for good. He worries about being corrupted by his powers but is self-aware enough to keep track of what is going on in his mind.

Quote: Why is there so much evil in this world?

Powers/Tactics: Singularity has his mothers enhanced physical powers, super strength, speed, and endurance, as well as the gravitational powers shared by both his parents. His training on Titan has made him physically, mentally, and, to a lesser extent, cosmically aware. As he grows so do his powers. Adam has the potential to become, like his father, one of the most powerful beings on the planet.

Appearance: Adam is a tall, muscular man with striking blond hair and blue/grey eyes. As Singularity he wears a black and gold uniform reminiscent of both his mother's original Moonstone costume, and the Kree officer's uniform occasionally worn by Genis.

I am far from an expert at Champions and have no experience in online games' date=' but I have played in high point games a few times. Crusher is built to able to dish out and take a 90 AP attack, but if everyone is going for closer to 75 I'll tone him down a bit. I noticed many of the characters are not designed to resist an 18 dice attack. Is this too soon to discuss things like builds and points?[/quote']It's not a huge concern how many AP's a particular power is, it's the effectiveness of the overall character.

A high end brick taking and dishing out 18 dice isn't a huge deal, them also having a 6 speed and a 12 CV is another story :)

FIRST DRAFT OF NIGHTSTALKER

NIGHTSTALKER, aka 'John' Morlock

I've noticed something.

You took Arachne as a Rival, More Pow. Yet looking over both sheets, I'm having a hard time seeing as how she'd live more than a phase or two against him.

Nightstalker is faster, stronger, invisible to her Danger Sense, has a better CV, and on an average roll can kill Arachne with one shot of that 7d6+1 KA.I like the concept, but I think you should tone down the powerlevel.

And foe everyone, keep in mind that this is planning on being a shared universe with the Avengers team. We're hoping to have the occasional crossover, so it would best if folks tried to keep the powerlevel inline with them. It makes the obligitory 'teams meet, fight, then come together to fight a greater threa' a lot harder when one team completely outclasses the other.

If you're curious, the Avengers team can be found here, and they're fairly powerful without being outragious.

I actually may need to modify my character sheet to reflect a rivalry with Arachne, as I took her dad (Peter Parker) as a Contact.

Another thing, assuming my character is deemed intriguing enough to be selected for the game, I like the fact that about everyone is basing their kids on these massive, world-conquering villains and my character's father is a putz who got beaten up once trying to take over the Daily Bugle.

"MY FATHER . . . IS DOOM! He ruled an entire nation for years! He once stole the power of Galactus! He was the most feared man on the planet for decades!"

"My dad got hit by lightning and wore a funny star mask with lightning bolts on it. He tried to rob banks every once and a while, but wasn't very good at it. Uh, nice to meet you."

"MY FATHER . . . IS DOOM! He ruled an entire nation for years! He once stole the power of Galactus! He was the most feared man on the planet for decades!"

"My dad got hit by lightning and wore a funny star mask with lightning bolts on it. He tried to rob banks every once and a while, but wasn't very good at it. Uh, nice to meet you."

Heh.

Could be worse. Could be Stilt Man's son:D

Heh.

Could be worse. Could be Stilt Man's son:D

"He's not very good at robbing things, but the female supervillains seem to LOVE working with him."

Wait, scratch that. Every comment I can think of regarding Stilt Man's son is obscene enough to be immediately tossed off the Hero boards.

:D

I've noticed something.

You took Arachne as a Rival, More Pow. Yet looking over both sheets, I'm having a hard time seeing as how she'd live more than a phase or two against him.

Nightstalker is faster, stronger, invisible to her Danger Sense, has a better CV, and on an average roll can kill Arachne with one shot of that 7d6+1 KA.I like the concept, but I think you should tone down the powerlevel.

And foe everyone, keep in mind that this is planning on being a shared universe with the Avengers team. We're hoping to have the occasional crossover, so it would best if folks tried to keep the powerlevel inline with them. It makes the obligitory 'teams meet, fight, then come together to fight a greater threa' a lot harder when one team completely outclasses the other.

If you're curious, the Avengers team can be found here, and they're fairly powerful without being outragious.

No Problems, I'm on it!

I am the daugther of DOOM.

I'm the son of a guy who got powers from a witch with poor eyesight; nice to meetcha.

I am Paste Pot Pete, Jr. Beware my putty pistol.

What? Stop snickering.

Please.

Heh. Yeah, alot of my thoughts were for definitely non-world class villains. Toad, Blob, Electro, Anaconda, Blue Streak, Steel Serpent, Unicorn, Kraven, Trapster etc.

Current main thoughts are:

- a new person trapped within the body of the Abomination.

- child of Super-Skrull during one of the times he was shape-changed into a human and forgot who he was. Enter Salamander, with variations on many of his powers.

- child of/recipient of the powers of the Squadron Sinister Hyperion.

But given that there's plenty of interest, esp from people not in the other game, I'll probably just lurk. :D

I've run into problems getting Dancer written up. Mainly, I realized that I didn't have a tight-enough concept to make a character; I just had a few "really neat" ideas. And that wasn't going to be enough.

So, time to change characters. Mmm, how about Emma Frost's daughter Elizabeth...Argent? I already know who and what she is. I'll get Elizabeth Frost written up and ready for Saturday!

I've run into problems getting Dancer written up. Mainly, I realized that I didn't have a tight-enough concept to make a character; I just had a few "really neat" ideas. And that wasn't going to be enough.

So, time to change characters. Mmm, how about Emma Frost's daughter Elizabeth...Argent? I already know who and what she is. I'll get Elizabeth Frost written up and ready for Saturday!

Aww man, I really liked that concept too....

Perhaps I'll steal the idea then, maybe not for this game, but for some game....

Thanks, radioKAOS. It was a fun idea for a character -- especially the Accidental Change into Mayhem -- but I just couldn't pull it all together.

No need to steal or swipe the idea; I'll make you a gift of it. May you have more success with it than I did.

NIGHTSTALKER [second Draft]

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

65 STR 55 22- Lift 204.8tons; 13d6 [6]

35 DEX 75 16- OCV: 12/DCV: 12

23 CON 26 14-

15 BODY 10 12-

24 INT 14 14- PER Roll 14-/17-

11 EGO 2 11- ECV: 4

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

0+10 COM -5 9- / 11-

20 PD 7 Total: 20 PD (15 rPD)

20 ED 15 Total: 20 ED (15 rED)

7 SPD 25 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12

20 REC 4

70 END 12

60 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 250

Movement: Running: 12"/24"

Leaping: 20"/40"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Swinging: 36"/72"

Cost Powers END

Mutant Abilities

37 1) Predatory Awareness: Spatial Awareness (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Tracking 0

3 2) +3 PER with Spatial Awareness 0

30 3) Tougher than Nails [combo Mutant and Symbiote]: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% 0

30 4) Tougher than Nails II [combo Mutant and Symbiote]: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% 0

10 5) Shadow Stealth: Invisibility to Sight Group (20 Active Points); Conditional Power Power Only Works In Darkness (-½), Requires A Stealth Roll (-½) 2

15 6) Damage Resistance [combo Mutant and Symbiote] (15 PD/15 ED) 0

12 7) Runner: Running +6" (12" total) 1

Symbiote Powers

10 1) Spider-Climbing: Clinging (normal STR) 0

7 2) Spider Leap: Leaping +7" (20" forward, 10" upward) 1

7 3) Symbiote Regeneration: Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), Persistent (+½); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 ¼), Self Only (-½) 0

2 4) Spider Sense Blocking: Invisibility to No Group and Danger Sense , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), Persistent (+½) (6 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses almost all of its effectiveness (Only vs. Spider Sense; -2) 0

3 5) Chains/Psuedopods: Extra Limbs (4) (5 Active Points); Limited Manipulation (-¼), Nonpersistent (-¼) 0

3 6) Symbiote 'Shape Change': +10 COM (5 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -¼), Nonpersistent (-¼)

11 7) Symbiotic Life Support: LS (Extended Breathing: 1 END per Turn; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents) 0

2 8) Symbiotic Mental Defense: Mental Defense (4 points total) 0

5 9) Symbiote Protection: Power Defense (5 points) 0

45 Symbiote Powers: Multipower, 45-point reserve

1u 2) Instant Change (any clothing): Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (Clothing into costume and vice-versa), Improved Target Group (+¼) (12 Active Points); Limited Target Limited (-½) 1

3u 3) Weaponry / Bite: HKA 2d6+1 (4 ½d6 w/STR) (35 Active Points) 3

4u 5) Chain Web: Entangle 4d6, 5 DEF (45 Active Points) 4

3u 4) Chains/Psuedopods: Stretching 9" (45 Active Points); Limited Body Parts (Psuedopods Only; -¼), Always Direct (-¼) 4

Notes: +3DCs for Velocity [Totals 16DC w/STR]]

4u 5) Chain Lines: Swinging 36", Reduced Endurance (½ END; +¼) (45 Active Points) 2

Spider-Fu

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

5 Flying Snare -2 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 75 STR for holding on; FMove

4 Batting away the attack +2 +2 Block, Abort

5 Spider Dodge -- +4 Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove

Perks

3 The Nightstalker: Reputation: Vigilante (A small to medium sized group) 11-, +3/+3d6

4 Contact: SpiderMan (Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Contact limited by identity, Good relationship with Contact) 8-

Talents

24 Spider Sense: Danger Sense (self only, out of combat, Function as a Sense) 16-

Skills

0 Acting 8-

0 Conversation 8-

0 Deduction 8-

0 Paramedics 8-

0 Persuasion 8-

0 Language: English (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

0 Sewer Dweller

0 1) PS: Homeless 11-

3 2) AK: Campaign City 14-

3 3) AK: Sewers 14-

3 4) Concealment 14-

3 5) Security Systems 14-

3 6) Lockpicking 16-

3 7) Shadowing 14-

3 8) Streetwise 13-

3 9) Stealth 16-

4 10) Survival (Underground, Urban) 14-

0 Spider Skills

3 1) Acrobatics 16-

3 2) Breakfall 16-

3 3) Climbing 16-

3 4) Contortionist 16-

3 5) Power: Spider-Skills 16-

5 6) Sweep as a half phase action: Rapid Attack (HTH)

10 7) Two-Weapon Fighting (HTH) (Ignore the -3 penalty for Off hand, ignore the first -2OCV penalty for Sweep, Only -2 DCV instead of Half DCV)

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 350

Total Cost: 600

450+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort)

0 Distinctive Features: Bony Protrusions from Mutations (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Rivalry: Professional (Arachne), Rival is As Powerful, Rival is a Player Character, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry

15 Hunted: Carnage No idea where it is ATM 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: Venom Scorpion now wears it 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

10 Watched: Apocalpyse 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

5 Watched: SpiderMan 8- (Mo Pow, Watching)

10 Money: Destitute

20 Psychological Limitation: Code Against Killing (Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Talks to the Symbiote (Very Common, Moderate)

10 Psychological Limitation: Wants to find out about his old life (Common, Moderate)

10 Social Limitation: No Identity (Frequently, Minor)

10 Reputation: Threat or Menace, 11-

10 Enraged: Symbiote Control: When attacked by another Symbiote (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 11-

Total Disadvantage Points: 600